James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

Haven't been able to watch, but I'm following on Twitter, and so far all I've seen is that Comey admitted that he leaked a memo, and that everything else the media has been reporting on as it relates to Trump and Russia is completely false.

You'd think the left would get tired of so many letdowns.

But hey...y'know...Hillary 2020! #I'mwithherbecauseshewon'tgoaway

It hasn't been all one sided. But the Russian collusion meme hasn't gained any steam with his testimony (but that won't stop the spin from saying otherwise). 45's own ego got him into trouble here, he certainly acted inappropriately (not a shock), but there has been no movement on obstruction (other than Mueller is looking into it - which is being treated as a bombshell but was already known) or collusion or "hacking"... which was the original point of all this.

Now it's politics.

Yaaaawwwwwwwwwn.

Gee... if only there was this kind of focus and attention paid to the 9/11 commission, or the Patriot Act debate, or... ah, who am I kidding. Important issues aren't done in view of the public.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain is an embarrassment. He needs to retire.

Funny you should say that. I just walked into the break room to fill my water bottle. I took one look at the TV (with no sound mind you) and thought: "Dude's gotta go."

How do people let themselves get brainwashed into taking a party line like that person does.

Do they see a dimes worth of difference between the parties, honestly?

The president pressured the head of the FBI to shut down investigations into his administration. When the head didn't listen, the president fired him. On what planet is that good?

It's reactions like yours that make executive overreach possible and inevitable.

The president pressured the head of the FBI to shut down investigations into his administration. When the head didn't listen, the president fired him. On what planet is that good?

It's reactions like yours that make executive overreach possible and inevitable.

we lost, she deserved the Presidency, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, hold me mommy, we lost, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1) I'm still not sold on "pressured." I don't dismiss it...I just think there's an argument to be made, as I haven't seen any sort of "Do this or else!" evidence come forth.

2) I'm less sold on "the president fired him" being a scandal...considering that the very people pitching that line were insistent that he needed to be fired right up to the time he was actually fired. That entire narrative has all the trappings of a political witch hunt.

You know one thing that's going to come out of this? Hillary's going to end up completely absolved in public opinion of mismanaging government records, because ultimate that investigation and this one will become conflated and the narrative will be "Hillary wasn't grossly negligent and irresponsible, she was hacked by Trump and the Russians!"

1) I'm still not sold on "pressured." I don't dismiss it...I just think there's an argument to be made, as I haven't seen any sort of "Do this or else!" evidence come forth.

2) I'm less sold on "the president fired him" being a scandal...considering that the very people pitching that line were insistent that he needed to be fired right up to the time he was actually fired. That entire narrative has all the trappings of a political witch hunt.

:beer:

God damn Bernie Bros.

Of Bernie, Trump, and Clinton, Bernie was the most honest (like Foreman vs Steve and Sandra Erkel). And he'd have been so ineffective at governing that I suspect he would have made the best president for the country.

Of the three.

That's my full endorsement of Bernie. Bernie: Better than Erkel.

If you think he behaved any differently than any other president would have, you're a fool.

Please list the number of presidents who personally intervened (and fired investigators) to shut down investigations that touched on themselves?

I can think of one and I don't think he'd help your case.

But please, list out all the others.

It's really not a good idea to ask the FBI director to stop investigating, and then fire the head of the FBI for investigating, something you're involved in.

This is a bad thing our president did. We should want an independent FBI, and head of the FBI. Comey is no gem, but he's in the right to have assumed Trump would lie and was acting wildly inappropriately and somewhat frighteningly.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

You know one thing that's going to come out of this? Hillary's going to end up completely absolved in public opinion of mismanaging government records, because ultimate that investigation and this one will become conflated and the narrative will be "Hillary wasn't grossly negligent and irresponsible, she was hacked by Trump and the Russians!"

Asking everyone else to leave the room is a damning point, shows he knew he was doing something wrong. (I get you won't see it that way.) This is not a witch hunt, its about the Russians interfering in our government and Trump trying to stop us from investigating it.

I thought the biggest part was that Trump never showed any concern at all for the Russian interference. Never asked, never worried never tried to figure out what we should do to stop it in the future. Gees!

* That you bring up Hillary... :doh:

This is a bad thing our president did. We should want an independent FBI, and head of the FBI. Comey is no gem, but he's in the right to have assumed Trump would lie and was acting wildly inappropriately and somewhat frighteningly.

The head of the FBI is a federal employee, therefore his boss is the President.

Ergo, if the president fires the FBI head, it's within his right to do so at any time for any reason.

Please list the number of presidents who personally intervened (and fired investigators) to shut down investigations that touched on themselves?

Zero, including Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/analysis-trump-vindicated-potus-gets-comey-wanted-along-024053701--abc-news-topstories.html

FTA:

But it's hard not to read Comey's plain statement any other way: "We were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him [on March 30th] I had previously told him that," he wrote.

In fact, Comey even reveals for the first time that Trump encouraged him in private to continue the FBI investigation into his associates: "The president went on to say that if there were some 'satellite' associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out," Comey says.

Your glasses are orange colored. Of course the investigation into Flynn touched on Trump and his election. Don't be more of a nitwit than you are.

And zero is not the right answer.

"We were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him [on March 30th] I had previously told him that," he wrote.

Seems straightforward to me.