James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those people still around?

I don't think you have to be anything other than interested in timeline events. I happen to think it's one helluva coincidence that the day after the white house was informed that Flynn had been compromised and was a potential security risk, Trump invites Comey to dinner and tells him he "hopes" Flynn can be given a break. Then again, this is the same white house that thought it was OK for Flynn to continue on in his role of national security adviser 18 days after being informed of his compromised status.

Listen, Trump is an oaf. I have little doubt that he invited Comey to try to communicate to him that he hoped he could drop the investigation. To my understanding, the president has the authority to tell anyone under the purview of the executive branch to drop any investigation he sees fit. That's not to say that it isn't a perilous political path to take and even if you were to believe Comey's testimony he didn't outright tell him to drop it nearly as much as the previous administration's, Obama's appointed Lynch unequivocally instructed Comey to tip the scales in the previous election by referring to the Clinton investigation as a "matter".

Anyone who has been paying attention to this board knows that I am no fan of Trump. I happen to believe that he is his own worst enemy. Having said that, this started off as a matter of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign, and every day that passes it looks as if that no longer is the case. The goal posts are moving because the media has a blood lust appetite to go after Trump, and Trump is such a narcissistic goob that he keeps providing them fodder to chase after.

In the meantime his agenda has largely been stalled, he doesn't have the political capital to push vulnerable Democrats to swing his direction in key votes or for that matter vulnerable Republicans. And why is that? Because he is the most hated man that this planet has seen in a very long time, and he has no one to blame for that but himself.

Edited by Magox

Listen, Trump is an oaf. I have little doubt that he invited Comey to try to communicate to him that he hoped he could drop the investigation. To my understanding, the president has the authority to tell anyone under the purview of the executive branch to drop any investigation he sees fit. That's not to say that it isn't a perilous political path to take and even if you were to believe Comey's testimony he didn't outright tell him to drop it nearly as much as the previous administration's, Obama's appointed Lynch unequivocally instructed Comey to tip the scales in the previous election by referring to the Clinton investigation as a "matter".

Anyone who has been paying attention to this board knows that I am no fan of Trump. I happen to believe that he is his own worst enemy. Having said that, this started off as a matter of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign, and every day that passes it looks as if that no longer is the case. The goal posts are moving because the media has a blood lust appetite to go after Trump, and Trump is such a narcissistic goob that he keeps providing them fodder to chase after.

In the meantime his agenda has largely been stalled, he doesn't have the political capital to push vulnerable Democrats to swing his direction in key votes or for that matter vulnerable Republicans. And why is that? Because he is the most hated man that this planet has seen in a very long time, and he has no one to blame for that but himself.

It does??What in the world would lead you to say that?

Just about spot on.

Moving goal posts are a hallmark of the torch-bearing mob. It's the Prog's stock in trade. It only serves to continue the greatest meltdown in political history though.

Just about spot on.

Moving goal posts are a hallmark of the torch-bearing mob. It's the Prog's stock in trade. It only serves to continue the greatest meltdown in political history though.

So it does not bother you Russia interfered in our election? That top officials in the Trump administration lied about contacts with that foreign power, that money was taken by Flynn when he knew that was illegal and Trump cares nothing about all this?

Seriously? Do you love you country?

It does??What in the world would lead you to say that?

That every single person that has been asked that question that is involved with the investigation has said so. Sorry Tiberius, I go with the facts, not conspiracies.

That every single person that has been asked that question that is involved with the investigation has said so. Sorry Tiberius, I go with the facts, not conspiracies.

Flynn has not said no, his attorney says he has a story to tell and of course the rest are not going to admit it. The prisons are full of people saying they are innocent`.

Have you looked at Paul Manafort's history? He was working for Putin who had the Ukrainian president (who manafort also worked for) on a string as he ripped off that nation and sold it out to Russia. He then ran away to become a Russian citizen. This was the guy running Trump's campaign!

Were you looking for Obama's birth certificate as long as DT?

Clarice sorts it out for us.

Comey Unmasked
by Clarice Feldman

Original Article

If your head is swimming with the accounts of “Russian Collusion” with the Trump campaign, a rooster and bull story confected by Hillary Clinton to explain her loss and to undermine the President, allow me to simplify it now that James Comey has testified and revealed with a load of bunk it is.

First of all, don’t forget that as the head of the FBI, James Comey had the power to request the appointment of a Special Counsel anytime he felt it was warranted. In fact, despite countless leaks to the press that there was evidence of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and Russia, he had informed the relevant Congressional leaders that the FBI had no such evidence after months of investigation, a concession which, unsurprisingly enough, was never, leaked. The four Democrat leaders of the Gang of 8, which oversees the operation and knew this themselves, kept promulgating the lie that there was some such evidence.

After he was fired, in an act of venomous revenge -- not atypical of the Swamp – Comey had a friend, a Columbia Law School professor, leak his version of a conversation with the president. In this version, Trump was trying to hide the collusion by cutting off an investigation.

Why did he not simply release the memo to the press in a less cowardly fashion? Because he clearly hoped it would not be traced to him, and the motive thus made clear. Moreover, he confessed that he wanted to force the appointment of a special counsel. This follows to a striking degree the path in the Plame case -- where the attorney general, John Ashcroft, recused himself, and Comey was made acting attorney general, whereupon he appointed his friend Patrick Fitzgerald. I trust that many readers already are familiar with the manner in which Fitzpatrick’s investigation into a leak by Cheney-hater Richard Armitage, which tied up the administration and resulted in a confected process crime against a Cheney aide, Lewis Libby. In case you want to refresh your recollection of those events, here is the article I wrote about it eleven years ago.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/06/comey_unmasked.html#ixzz4jnNKQgNb

UNDER OATH: Lynch should testify in wake of Comey claims

I don't necessarily disagree with anything here and I really don't care about the partisan aspects to the entire investigation, either. I just find certain behaviors interesting in light of the timeline of events.

As to those moving goalposts, I expect them to keep moving as we are only at the beginning of the investigatory process vis a vis Mueller's more recent involvement.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything here and I really don't care about the partisan aspects to the entire investigation, either. I just find certain behaviors interesting in light of the timeline of events.

As to those moving goalposts, I expect them to keep moving as we are only at the beginning of the investigatory process vis a vis Mueller's more recent involvement.

As long as the government is not expanding another half trillion on pig-trough wastes of money that is a perfect thing for us conservatives (economically).

The anti-Mueller propaganda is heating up already.

Snake Oil salesman alert

Trump before the Election - I love Wikileaks

Trump after the Election - Wikileaks is bad.

Trump on Comey - He's a Leaker

Asshat alert!

So blinded by trump-hate unwilling to accept that Obama and Clinton conspired to hide the results of the email server investigation.

Were you as concerned with Hillary's mishandling of government records as you are with Trump?

This is all about that fraud Trump and his attempt to drain the swamp, only to fill it with clueless people.

Hillary failed for many reasons and this really has nothing to do with what is has been going on these past 5 months.

Don Jr said "If my dad asks to let something drop, he means it

When he tells you to do something, guess what? There’s no ambiguity in it,” Trump Jr. said on Fox News’

Asshat alert!

So blinded by trump-hate unwilling to accept that Obama and Clinton conspired to hide the results of the email server investigation.

this has got nothing to do with politics. Trump has been an ass hat for many decades.

In November he LOVED WIKILEAKS, in February he HATES WIKILEAKS. Is your head so far up Don's hair piece that you can't see it?

Curious. Did you want Trump to purchase the Bills?

If no, why?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

If we think scratch that know that Rex made the Bills look like blow hard central

oye I would have picked a new team to follow

same fans booed Bon Jovi every time he was on a screen or they heard his music playing...

so that has to be factored in as well.

This is all about that fraud Trump and his attempt to drain the swamp, only to fill it with clueless people.

Hillary failed for many reasons and this really has nothing to do with what is has been going on these past 5 months.

Don Jr said "If my dad asks to let something drop, he means it

When he tells you to do something, guess what? There’s no ambiguity in it,” Trump Jr. said on Fox News’

this has got nothing to do with politics. Trump has been an ass hat for many decades.

In November he LOVED WIKILEAKS, in February he HATES WIKILEAKS. Is your head so far up Don's hair piece that you can't see it?

Curious. Did you want Trump to purchase the Bills?

If no, why?

No, and I voted for Johnson, so pike off newbie.