Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm kinda relieved. Maclin is a good player but I just don't see how he fits here. Were the Bills going to totally change everything and rebuild around Maclin's needs? I mean, the guy has AIDS so you either build him a separate bathroom or hes got to carry around his own toilet seat. What do you do on the bus or long plane rides? Its a logistical nightmare and all for just one guy.

Edited by Jauronimo

With a two year deal - they can backload the second year (which he may or may not even see) and use that number to increase the signing bonus up front.

All this talk of no cap room was making me laugh. How many times do teams have to prove to you that not having a lot of cap room doesn't matter?

Roster space, not cap space...

All fine and good for Beane to take a long-term approach, it's the right one and I'm sure the Pegulas told him he's here to build for the future. But I suspect he'll find out in the middle of year two that he's under more pressure than he had thought. This fanbase isn't going to take two or three more years of suffering.