Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should not better coaching and the addition of top players drafted for Sean's system be better than Rex in wins and losses?

You think Tyrod will outduel Derek Carr and Jameis Winston? I miss the days when I could Billieve.

The Bills will be favorites at home vs. Tampa (maybe like 2 points). Oakland is going to lose about 5 games. At the Bills is probably pretty high on the list of "may lose" games. I'm not banking on either as wins but certainly am not calling them losses either. 4-4 to 5-3

That's a push and if they can go 1-5 as an underdog against anyone else you win. That would be a terrible bet.

They will beat the jets twice and probably win 3 games out of the first 8. O/u 4 through the first 8 even bet I'm in.

Make that O/U 3.5 and you get two free wins against the Jets.

You just predicted 2-6 and when I asked you to put the money up you want the line at 3.5?!? So you really don't think that they will be 2-6 you just made that up to "strengthen" your argument? I'll take 3.5 but you don't get 2-1 anymore.

The Bills will be favorites at home vs. Tampa (maybe like 2 points). Oakland is going to lose about 5 games. At the Bills is probably pretty high on the list of "may lose" games. I'm not banking on either as wins but certainly am not calling them losses either. 4-4 to 5-3

You just predicted 2-6 and when I asked you to put the money up you want the line at 3.5?!? So you really don't think that they will be 2-6 you just made that up to "strengthen" your argument? I'll take 3.5 but you don't get 2-1 anymore.

I didn't offer a board wide bet I was twisting Jeff. I wouldn't want 2-1 on that.

The Bills will be favorites at home vs. Tampa (maybe like 2 points). Oakland is going to lose about 5 games. At the Bills is probably pretty high on the list of "may lose" games. I'm not banking on either as wins but certainly am not calling them losses either. 4-4 to 5-3 You just predicted 2-6 and when I asked you to put the money up you want the line at 3.5?!? So you really don't think that they will be 2-6 you just made that up to "strengthen" your argument? I'll take 3.5 but you don't get 2-1 anymore.

If you want to bet the Bills win 5 I'll take the under over the first 8.

I have added the Chiefs as my second team. I never understood the point in adding teams until this year.

It was inevitable being the Mahomes zealot you are. ;) It won't be long before you're the Chiefs version of Jimmy Spags, only showing up on the board to talk sh*t. :lol:

I'm good, that's on the high end of where I think that they'll be. I see 4 or 5 wins in that 1st 8. If you want in at 3.5 too I'll be happy to oblige. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Are we good then on o/u 3.5 through the 1st 8?

i think it's a fair bet, but I bet on everything and making that bet would have me going against the Bills and that's a wasted season. I'm not sure I'm willing to do that for 1k.

You get the Jets twice then have to go 2-4 against "established" programs. I think Carolina is a win. So I'd be betting that the Bills don't upset one of 5 other teams and again I'd be forced to cheer against the Bills. You have me in a corner Kirby, I will say no.

I member when this was a food/maclin thread.

how was dinner? I had baby back ribs outta the smoker (all day )... plus grilled ASPARAGUS. And grey goose.

Wonder how maclin's rehearsal dinner went. F5.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i think it's a fair bet, but I bet on everything and making that bet would have me going against the Bills and that's a wasted season. I'm not sure I'm willing to do that for 1k.

You get the Jets twice then have to go 2-4 against "established" programs. I think Carolina is a win. So I'd be betting that the Bills don't upset one of 5 other teams and again I'd be forced to cheer against the Bills. You have me in a corner Kirby, I will say no.

Fair enough, I'm not mad. Don't be surprised though if I call you out when I see you saying 2-6 through the first 8 though. :)

Fwiw, I think that they probably need to be at least 5-3 to have a path to the playoffs. The 2nd half of the schedule will have to look something like this: win vs. Saints, 2 division wins, Colts at home and 1 of Chargers or Chiefs. That is the path to 10-6 at this point (IMO). Obviously a lot can change. Some teams will emerge and others will fall back. Injuries will be key as well.

Fair enough, I'm not mad. Don't be surprised though if I call you out when I see you saying 2-6 through the first 8 though. :)

Fwiw, I think that they probably need to be at least 5-3 to have a path to the playoffs. The 2nd half of the schedule will have to look something like this: win vs. Saints, 2 division wins, Colts at home and 1 of Chargers or Chiefs. That is the path to 10-6 at this point (IMO). Obviously a lot can change. Some teams will emerge and others will fall back. Injuries will be key as well.

In true Bills fashion, I expect just enough wins to miss out on one of the top QB's. See 2004, 2011 as prime examples.

I was breaking Jeff's balls and looking at it and trying to take my fandom out of it I see 4-4. Jets, Jets, Panthers, then it's safe to think they steal one somewhere in the next 5 weeks. We shall see. I'm not sure what amount of money it would take to kiss the season goodbye but I don't want to know! I'm hoping the Bills start well because it's almost time to fork over Sunday ticket money.

I was breaking Jeff's balls and looking at it and trying to take my fandom out of it I see 4-4. Jets, Jets, Panthers, then it's safe to think they steal one somewhere in the next 5 weeks. We shall see. I'm not sure what amount of money it would take to kiss the season goodbye but I don't want to know! I'm hoping the Bills start well because it's almost time to fork over Sunday ticket money.

I took a few years off from fantasy football but now that DFS is back in New York I'm going to enjoy my Sundays, regardless of what the Bills do.

In true Bills fashion, I expect just enough wins to miss out on one of the top QB's. See 2004, 2011 as prime examples.

That's the likely scenario to me at this point (as I think Maclin is coming). The second 1st though will allow them to get one of them. I don't think that they will be able to get in the top 3 where I think 2 QBs will go. If I had to guess the Bills will be .500ish and the Chiefs a game or so better. I'd say the picks will be like 12 and 18. A ton can change though between now and then.

That's the likely scenario to me at this point (as I think Maclin is coming). The second 1st though will allow them to get one of them. I don't think that they will be able to get in the top 3 where I think 2 QBs will go. If I had to guess the Bills will be .500ish and the Chiefs a game or so better. I'd say the picks will be like 12 and 18. A ton can change though between now and then.

I think Bills could trade up for a Carson Wentz level prospect. But will Sean trade 2 1sts and 2 2nds for that?I really doubt it. I think they will try to middle it and get a late 1st or 2nd round prospect on QB while drafting for needs.

I think Bills could trade up for a Carson Wentz level prospect. But will Sean trade 2 1sts and 2 2nds for that?I really doubt it. I think they will try to middle it and get a late 1st or 2nd round prospect on QB while drafting for needs.

I am thinking that they can get to 5-7 using the two picks. You may not be able to get Allen or Darnold (or whoever is the flavor of the month in April) but Rosen is probably realistic. Even if he has a great year teams will worry about the character.

I am thinking that they can get to 5-7 using the two picks. You may not be able to get Allen or Darnold (or whoever is the flavor of the month in April) but Rosen is probably realistic. Even if he has a great year teams will worry about the character.

Josh Allen sucks.

I member when this was a food/maclin thread.

Those were the days, weren't they? Life was simpler then. June was in the kitchen fixing dinner. Wally and the Beav were watching TV. Ward was sitting at the table reading the paper. The worst thing you had to worry about was that crazy Eddie Haskel inviting himself to dinner. There were no crusades. Maclin was at the forefront of everyone's mind. The foul odor of asparagus pee was embraced. Discussion of beer and food prevailed. Maybe we would circle back around to Maclin, maybe not. Gas was 75¢ a gallon at the pump. We shared stories of walking to school uphill both ways in the snow.

Now look at things. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! How I long for the old days.

We did sausage peppers and onions on the grill. love that I broke down and got a Webber

That is one of my favorites. If you ever want to try something easy get some good Italian sausage, peppers, onions (I usually skip them) and a bottle of dry red wine. Brown the peppers and onions and then the sausage in olive oil over medium heat. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a casserole dish pour about 1 glass of wine onto the bottom (and one for yourself to drink). Throw the peppers and onions in and then the sausage. Bake it for 25 minutes and then flip the sausage over and bake for another 25 minutes. Really simple but consistently good

how was dinner? I had baby back ribs outta the smoker (all day )... plus grilled ASPARAGUS. And grey goose.

Wonder how maclin's rehearsal dinner went. F5.

Well, we went to Ted's Montana Grill in Nashville. I hadn't been there in years. Now I remember why... :(

Tomorrow is a 3 hour cooking class with Maneet Chauhan at her place here. That should be fun! (And better than tonight.)

Those were the days, weren't they? Life was simpler then. June was in the kitchen fixing dinner. Wally and the Beav were watching TV. Ward was sitting at the table reading the paper. The worst thing you had to worry about was that crazy Eddie Haskel inviting himself to dinner. There were no crusades. Maclin was at the forefront of everyone's mind. The foul odor of asparagus pee was embraced. Discussion of beer and food prevailed. Maybe we would circle back around to Maclin, maybe not. Gas was 75¢ a gallon at the pump. We shared stories of walking to school uphill both ways in the snow.

Now look at things. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! How I long for the old days.

I still think that while Ward was at work Eddie was over at the Clevers banging June. Then he shame her with the "your looking great today..." when the family was around

This thread is like a sitcom clip show episode since Maclin left town. Nothing new but plenty of entertainment and re-hashed disagreements.

That is one of my favorites. If you ever want to try something easy get some good Italian sausage, peppers, onions (I usually skip them) and a bottle of dry red wine. Brown the peppers and onions and then the sausage in olive oil over medium heat. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a casserole dish pour about 1 glass of wine onto the bottom (and one for yourself to drink). Throw the peppers and onions in and then the sausage. Bake it for 25 minutes and then flip the sausage over and bake for another 25 minutes. Really simple but consistently good

Thanks Kirby! Sometimes we'll brown them up and throw them in sauce but it wasn't raining for once. I'll share that with with Ms MIH

You are both right and both wrong depending on how you define "success." Can the Bills win 10 games and grab a WC spot with Tyrod? Absolutely. Can they maybe even win a playoff game? Possibly. Can they get past the Patriots? Almost certainly not. That's why this argument goes round and round.

This is spot on. No question TT is average to slightly above average as a QB in the NFL(statistically). Its his intangibles that can both help, and hinder his chances of being a great QB. Im of the opinion that he is the bridge for next year and McD drafts his QB of the future next year. In the meantime, load up on as many other playmakers, of the no nonsense variety, and go with that. If TT excels, let the rookie sit Edited by BuffAlone

Give me another topic that has some bearing on this team that's worth discussing and you'll get my thoughts on it. Trust me when I tell you that's all this is right now. I'll be involved in plenty other topics when they warrant real discussion.

The Seahawks went into that game playing the run and looking to keep Tyrod from leaving the pocket. They were also without Chancellor as well as Bennett. And FTR, their plan worked...even though the game was probably closer than they anticipated. TT failed when he had the chance to win that game...a game where the defense make crucial stops late to give Taylor his shot that he couldn't deliver on.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl a lifetime ago...a year after the Bills made their last playoff appearance. Teams don't succeed like that anymore...you need a QB to win games in the end. Too many games are close and come down to a play her or there.

I respect your thoughts, but I simply do not have the same belief you do in the QB and what he can achieve, and that's fine.

Sherman's non penalty and the missed FG cost the Bills OT.

Vegas has the Bills at 6.8. With Maclin that may edge up a bit more.

I, personally, will root as hard against the chiefs as I will for the Bills. And you all know why.

Are you suggesting that not to might indicate that one was more interested in saying "I told you so" than in seeing the Bills have a shot at a franchise QB at someone else's expense, a franchise QB that one continually reminds posters on this board that the Bills don't currently have?

No encouragement is actually required.

I, personally, will root as hard against the chiefs as I will for the Bills. And you all know why.

This is what happens when your team is run by total incompetents. Fans eventually look elsewhere for entertainment.

And don't act like this is unique. I know plenty of people that have lost interest in this team. I made it through 17 years of no playoffs and am still following them. I don't need to apologise for not doing my part. Time for ownership to start winning.