Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

I'll give ya Ertz.

DGB and Agholor are on the outside looking in for a reason.

Though, I'd toss something there way for DGB. Still think he needs time.

Agreed - but it costs more to get rid of Agholor than it does to keep him. 0 Dead cap to cut DGB - so hes in the tougher spot.

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you should Google how it works because that has nothing to do with what I said. They can give a big signing bonus spread out over 2-3 years which makes the first year guaranteed money similar to what they did with Percy Harvin.

Maybe that's the exact scenario they envisioned.

Jeff McLaneVerified account @Jeff_McLane

Asked Doug Pederson if the #Eagles have any interest in signing Jeremy Maclin. "At this time, no," he said.

Is it a "red flag" that coaches with ties to Reid are lukewarm-- McD's comment and now Pederson. Has he lost a step? Injury recovery taking longer?

Eagles signed Alshon jeffrey, Torrey Smith and have Jordan matthews....no room for Maclin

Beane made it clear the Bills won't make big FA splashes. Made it clear that's not how he envisions a team being built.

In turn, I have no reason to discredit the FO if they laid down a price tag and stuck to their guns.

Especially after talking to people who worked directly with the guy.

Beane made it clear the Bills won't make big FA splashes. Made it clear that's not how he envisions a team being built.

In turn, I have no reason to discredit the FO if they laid down a price tag and stuck to their guns.

is it considered a splash if we sign a good player that helps the team?

Edited by nucci

i thought our approach was "signing players daily" Yikes better stick to "One Voice" Edited by YoloinOhio

Not sure why the Bills would be super concerned with salary. Unless Maclin is asking for a similar number than what he got in KC, the price range has to be somewhere in the 4-6 million dollar range. The Bills have plenty of cap space and if he doesn't want a 1 year deal, give him a 2 year incentive based contract. Hopefully he leaves Baltimore unsigned, and the Bills can lock him up. Would be a huge get.

You said "Saying this was a rookie mistake by a GM is in fact accurate."

It's YOUR OPINION that this was a "rookie mistake". Your opinion. Not a "fact".

As for the contention that the Bills should have kept this quiet, in the Internet world, do you really think that's possible? Had they said nothing, half the fan base would have spun up conspiracy theories, since every other media outlet was reporting the visit. Don't teams announce FA visits all the time??

And what inner workings did they give away? They didn't even mention dinner at Tempo, their lead recruitment tactic!

Lastly, I'm definitely not sure how Shady looks "incompetent". Because he used his Twitter account to reach out to a friend to try and recruit him to Buffalo? You know he wasn't negotiating the deal, right?

An experienced GM would not have done it this way. If you think one would have I don't really know what to say.

Shady was posting smiley pictures with Maclin and touting his recruiting skills, which is all fine.....if he is doing it on his own. But to post all of this stuff on the OFFICIAL TEAM Web site is a completely different story and requires an inexperienced GM...or front office in general because it is silly and unprofessional. Seasoned GMs do not do silly and unprofessional things.

I agree that keeping it quiet is unrealistic but there is a wide gap between keeping it quiet and how it was handled here.

Look, at the end of the day, even if Maclin signs with Baltimore today and openly mocks the Bills.....all unlikely....it still isn't really all that big of a deal and I'd still be optimistic about the new staff.....but to say this would have happened with a more experienced GM/staff is erroneous. It was a rookie mistake even though I happen to like this particular rookie.

They cut Dennis Pitta yesterday. I have to imagine that clears up some cap space.

yet they are still tight in their cap space to be handing out a large contract. Is he worth mortgaging the future with restructures and/or cutting other starters to sign him? That's their call but I'm thinking no, he's a nice addition but not worth that.