Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

...so who goes and from what position?.....WR or elsewhere?.....just curious............

Charles James CB

Trae Elston S

Brandon Reilly WR

One or all 3 of these guys.

Would you give Woods that type of money? Because that's the production (minus blocking) you'll be getting, at best.

Maclin is superior to Woods, so yea... He outdoes him in Yds/Game, TDs a season, better route runner, and more of a threat than Woods.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Maclin does Barnidge take a little less to come here then because now he thinks we can win?

From what Barnidge said it seems he's more about the opportunity to be the guy at the TE

position wherever he lands. He doesn't want to be a #2 TE. I'm not sure the opportunity

he wants will exist, and at a certain point waiting on an injury can turn into diminished returns

and money for him.

Just seen the McCoy recruiting Maclin stuff, and seen that BF insider Twitter account said a deal could get done. They're usually pretty reliable. Hopefully this is one of those times!! I'm excited now. Trying not to get my hopes up though (too late... lol).

Our WR depth chart would look great with Maclin added to it. I think he could be a huge veteran presence in that room too. That's a guy every receiver in that WR room could learn from (and look up to). The Bills have really needed a guy like him for quite some time IMO. This would be such a great signing. I'm very happy the Bills seem to be showing heavy interest in him. It'd be a smart move (again IMO)

We sign Maclin and all the sudden our WR position looks like more of a strength than a weakness.

Please get this done OBD! As long as the price is reasonable that is.

From NFL.com...

The sudden release of Jeremy Maclin took most of the football world by surprise, including his own quarterback.

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith said Saturday that Maclin's cut caught him off guard.

"Shocked," Smith told Blair Kerkoff of The Kansas City Star of his reaction to the Friday news dump. "Jeremy is a really good friend, an amazing teammate, so still kind of just processing that he's not going to be in there with us, a guy that's done a lot for us the last two years, a guy I've grown really close to."

"Obviously Jeremy was a leader and a veteran presence in that [wide receiver] room," Smith said. "With that gone a lot of the young guys will have to mature fast, learn from that example and will be able to step up."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813038/article/alex-smith-shocked-over-jeremy-maclins-release

Edited by hondo in seattle

could this be a precursor to trading Watkins?

They would save exactly $0 on the cap by trading Watkins. His contract is fully guaranteed this season.

They would save exactly $0 on the cap by trading Watkins. His contract is fully guaranteed this season.

And it makes no sense.

Watkins trade value, without teams knowing the condition of his foot and the fact that the Bills have declined his option, is probably at its lowest.

Why strengthen a position, to then get rid of another great player, to weaken it?

Whether Maclin signs here or not, it makes the Chiefs weaker at WR which is good news for the Bills.

This and a possible QB controversy in KC ... we could end up with two top 5 picks.

This and a possible QB controversy in KC ... we could end up with two top 5 picks.

I am fully on the playoff hype train if we get Maclin to sign. The offense will surely be better than it was last year and the defense should be simply because we aren't trying to place square pegs in to round holes.

Edited by H2o

I am fully on the playoff hype train if we get Maclin to sign. The offense will surely be better than it was last year and the defense should be simply because we aren't trying to place square pegs in to round holes.

The offense has a chance to be elite if Tyrod and Shady stay healthy. They were top 10 DVOA the last two years and are looking to add a healthy Sammy, Maclin and Zay Jones. That's a massive upgrade for the receiving group.

The defense should be better just from scrapping Rex and his fat brother. I have some concerns about the secondary (primarily Poyer) and the depth on the DL. If the scheme offsets these couple of question marks the Bills could be tough.

The offense has a chance to be elite if Tyrod and Shady stay healthy. They were top 10 DVOA the last two years and are looking to add a healthy Sammy, Maclin and Zay Jones. That's a massive upgrade for the receiving group.

The defense should be better just from scrapping Rex and his fat brother. I have some concerns about the secondary (primarily Poyer) and the depth on the DL. If the scheme offsets these couple of question marks the Bills could be tough.

That's kind of my "best case scenario" idea as well. Our WR corps was really scraping the bottom of the barrel last season, and it showed. In particular, the combo of Sammy (true #1 when healthy), Maclin (burner, who would appreciate being matched against the #2 cb again) and Zay (heavy slot use) and you have a 3 WR set that I have difficulty taking off the field.

As for the D, I agree about the back end having problems, but Darby and White should be decent 1 and 2 options, and Hyde is versatile enough to do a lot of things, and hopefully the front 7 cranks things up to help them out.

Matthew Fairburn

@MatthewFairburn

LeSean McCoy said "don't be surprised" if Jeremy Maclin ends up with Buffalo Bills. McCoy's been recruiting him.

Jay Skurski

@JaySkurski

LeSean McCoy says "don't be surprised" if Jeremy Maclin signs with the #Bills but that "a lot needs to happen." He's recruiting him hard.

Matthew Fairburn

@MatthewFairburn

Tyrod Taylor said he's going to get Jeremy Maclin's phone number from LeSean McCoy and join the recruiting effort.

It was actually TT that informed Shady that Maclin had been cut, and to get on the phone to recruit him. That's interesting....

Just seen the McCoy recruiting Maclin stuff, and seen that BF insider Twitter account said a deal could get done. They're usually pretty reliable. Hopefully this is one of those times!! I'm excited now. Trying not to get my hopes up though (too late... lol).

Our WR depth chart would look great with Maclin added to it. I think he could be a huge veteran presence in that room too. That's a guy every receiver in that WR room could learn from (and look up to). The Bills have really needed a guy like him for quite some time IMO. This would be such a great signing. I'm very happy the Bills seem to be showing heavy interest in him. It'd be a smart move (again IMO)

We sign Maclin and all the sudden our WR position looks like more of a strength than a weakness.

Please get this done OBD! As long as the price is reasonable that is.

I've already got my hopes up too. Like you and others have stated, what an addition to the WR corp that would be. C'mon Mr. Beane, get it done please!

It was actually TT that informed Shady that Maclin had been cut, and to get on the phone to recruit him. That's interesting....

I was under the impression that Shady new first, since he was visiting Maclin for the wedding, and began the hard sell immediately. Then, TT asked for his number when he heard what was up.

Sounds like it would be a good boost to team chemistry if the front office brought in a guy the players are trying to get. Very exciting stuff.

Whether Maclin signs here or not, it makes the Chiefs weaker at WR which is good news for the Bills.

Yes! If we somehow end up with a 1st next year AND Maclin out of this trade it will be a blessing. Not only do we get their 1st, but exponentially weaken their roster(thus making our 1st round pick assumingly higher) , that would be a job well done by first time HC/GM. Get it done OBD!

I was under the impression that Shady new first, since he was visiting Maclin for the wedding, and began the hard sell immediately. Then, TT asked for his number when he heard what was up.

Its on the Bills page

He wasn't cut yet at that point, so recruiting didnt happen at the wedding

Edited by BuffAlone