Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was expecting something much more interesting to deal with dragons than a big crossbow.

Yeah. Stay still dragon. We've got this massive crossbow. Seeing Cercei's face light up reminded me of King Joffrey with his crossbow.

Sam's got balls. He's broken 2 rules so far. Get R Done!

"It's not you" could be about herself, or Nymerias offspring, that somehow sensed the connection. If it is Nymeria, maybe she'll follow close to Arya along her travels.

I don't think Dany is "mad" mad. Q - why wait until then to chastise Varys for switching sides?

Littlefinger was poking the bear pushing Jon, Might he find himself joining the Black involuntarily?

2 Sand Snakes down. The hot young one Tyene and momma captured with Yara. Might that be Cersei's prize? I thought Euron got stabbed a number of times. I'll have to watch it again in slow mo later.

Hot pie showed up, why not Gendry.

If Dany doesn't attack Kings Landing with the dragons the ballista is all but useless.

Not sure if Jon will bend the knee.

Drogon was injured by spears, but as a much "younger/ smaller" dragon.

Yeah. Sam will probably be kicked out as the citadel doesn't seem to give a damn about what's happening elsewhere in the world.

You're probably right about the Nymeria scene. Maybe Arya realizes her direwolf has her own life path like she does.

The show seems to with each episode that Dany is slowly becoming a tyrant like her father. She's not close yet, but demanding Jon bend the knee and chastising Varys is a step in that direction. Also, it was funny when she just cut off Tyrion when he was giving one of his speeches to make a point.

The cynical part of me says at the end it will be the Night King sitting the Iron Throne and Littlefinger will be his hand.

Cercei will pry slowly torture them like she did the nun.

Jon probably will bend the knee because he doesn't care about swallowing some pride in order to have a better chance of defeating the army of the dead. He isn't power hungry like she is.

By the way, Theon jumping off the boat is what makes GOT unique to most other shows. Most other shows would of had Theon attack Euron.

Pretty sure Euron got stabbed in the groin...does he have any supernatural powers?

That is what I saw myself. (or so I thought)

Watched it again last night. Tyene stabbed an Ironborn in the groin as she was fighting the group who were down below taking her and Allaria hostage. The show was going back and forth between that scene and Euron fighting the other two Snakes, which is why I was initially confused.

That's a good call, can see that happening his road to redemption thus far has been through saving Starks (Sansa).

Or maybe Theon saves Arya. Thus making Theon's fall his betrayal of the Stark boys and his redemption by saving the Stark girls

Or maybe Theon saves Arya. Thus making Theon's fall his betrayal of the Stark boys and his redemption by saving the Stark girls

Arya is bad ass and doesn't need Theon's help. I think Theon reports back to Danny.

What are the odds Jon Snow meets his future mount, Rhaegal, the dragon named after his father, and finds out his true lineage from Varys this week?

Curious as to when the reveal is. My guess is not until Bran shows up.

Littlefinger will die soon. He's become useless to Sansa/Jon and he's so desperate that he's going to do something stupid.

My guess is Brienne kills him.

I loved the boat battle. We got to see that Euron is the real deal and will deliver his gift to Cercei. And Theon's struggle is a logical development. He shouldn't be clear from such a traumatic experience. I love when shows do things that make sense.

Yeah. Stay still dragon. We've got this massive crossbow. Seeing Cercei's face light up reminded me of King Joffrey with his crossbow.

Yeah, that's a funny observation. Cercei is screwed unless something develops in her favor. Euron is her best chance, but he's reckless and can't be trusted.

Littlefinger will die soon. He's become useless to Sansa/Jon and he's so desperate that he's going to do something stupid.

I loved the boat battle. We got to see that Euron is the real deal and will deliver his gift to Cercei. And Theon's struggle is a logical development. He shouldn't be clear from such a traumatic experience. I love when shows do things that make sense.

Yeah, that's a funny observation. Cercei is screwed unless something develops in her favor. Euron is her best chance, but he's reckless and can't be trusted.

Great point. What's his best argument to be kept around? "You would have lost if I didn't bring the Knights of the Vale." Ok, great. You did, thanks. Now off with your head.

Great point. What's his best argument to be kept around? "You would have lost if I didn't bring the Knights of the Vale." Ok, great. You did, thanks. Now off with your head.

I would be shocked if that happens as The Knights of the Vale still thinks highly of Littlefinger and they need all the support they can get in the real battle that matters in the end. Littlefinger has something up his sleeve. Would love to see Jon behead him though before the series concludes.

You're probably right about the Nymeria scene. Maybe Arya realizes her direwolf has her own life path like she does.

The Nymeria scene was about Arya's own character growth.

"It's not you."

She was quoting herself from an early episode when she was speaking with her father, and he told her she would be a great lady married to a lord, and she replied that the life wasn't for her.

"It's not you."

She was quoting herself from an early episode when she was speaking with her father, and he told her she would be a great lady married to a lord, and she replied that the life wasn't for her.

Ah, good catch. That's when Ned assigned Syrio Forel to train her in sword fighting. By the way, there's always a possibility of a Syrio return.

This was a great episode but left me confused

So Dany's (now dany's) fleet was destroyed.....was her army on it?

I didnt like that the snakes died....dont kill off eye candy like that please.

I think only the Ironborn forces under Yara's control were on those ships. The Dothraki and Unsullied are on land now.

The only Snake worth looking at (Tyene) is still alive.

He won't survive this season. But I'm thinking he'll be done in by Arya. He betrayed Ned, he's gonna die a horrible death at a Stark hand. (imo)

I would be shocked if that happens as The Knights of the Vale still thinks highly of Littlefinger and they need all the support they can get in the real battle that matters in the end. Littlefinger has something up his sleeve. Would love to see Jon behead him though before the series concludes.

The Vale will remain loyal to Sansa and the Stark line with or without Littlefinger (imo obviously, could be wrong) - but you're right he still has clout at the moment and probably something up his sleeve.

"It's not you."

100% :beer:

This was a great episode but left me confused

So Dany's (now dany's) fleet was destroyed.....was her army on it?

I didnt like that the snakes died....dont kill off eye candy like that please.

I believe they were on their way to Dorne to get the Dornish army. So they only really lost their fleet (which they don't need to take King's Landing). No idea how the Dornish Army will get there now, but I imagine Dorne has means.

The Knights of the Vale suffer Littlefimger only as long as Robin believes he's a good man.

One whisper from Sansa and things will change imo.

Exactly what I was thinking when it happened.

Immediately before the attack happened, she joked about killing her sisters. She must feel terrible now. XD

She's about to feel a lot worse being Cersei's prisoner. Get ready for some torture from The Mountain.

Few quick takes on this fast paced season.

-I'll miss the Queen of Thorns and poison is a woman's weapon Jaime.

-If the theory is true, this is the first time the three heads of the dragons were in the same room and only one knows they are a Targaryen.

-Although evil, I forgot how smoking hot Cersei is.

-Bronn hasn't had one line yet this season.

-Bran seems to have lost all emotion and did he really have to bring up Sansa's wedding night out of all things?

-It wouldn't surprise me in the end if Varys and Littlefinger are co rulers of the seven kingdoms.

-If the theory is true, this is the first time the three heads of the dragons were in the same room and only one knows they are a Targaryen.

-Bran seems to have lost all emotion and did he really have to bring up Sansa's wedding night out of all things?

-It wouldn't surprise me in the end if Varys and Littlefinger are co rulers of the seven kingdoms.

I took the bolded as him having to prove his sight... by picking the one thing he couldn't possible know about and something she definitely would remember in detail.

Yara and her Iron Fleet sail for Dorne but are intercepted by Euron and his Iron Fleet

The Unsullied march on Castily Rock only to meet token resistance while Euron's fleet burns what's left of Dany's fleet

Meanwhile the Lannisters march on the Queen of Thorns

So, who is the mole at Dragonstone?

I took the bolded as him having to prove his sight... by picking the one thing he couldn't possible know about and something she definitely would remember in detail.

Good point. I would of gone with Joffrey's wedding though.

Yara and her Iron Fleet sail for Dorne but are intercepted by Euron and his Iron Fleet

The Unsullied march on Castily Rock only to meet token resistance while Euron's fleet burns what's left of Dany's fleet

Meanwhile the Lannisters march on the Queen of Thorns

So, who is the mole at Dragonstone?

Tyrion needs to get the Mooch to straighten things out.

At the end of last season the prevailing thought was Dany is unstoppable, but the writers have evened the playing field as the iron bank will side with Cersei. I like how the show is displaying Jaime's military prowess.

I found Jon and Dany's first meeting very realistic. They don't know what each other's been through and you could see the frustration in Jon when they were skeptical of the army of the dead and the White Walkers. If only John had a camera or an iphone at Hardhome. By the way, do you think Jaime will tell Cersie who poisoned Joffrey?

like last week, lots of talk then finish with a battle and another setback for Team Danny.

No more Miss Nice Queen. Unleash the Dragons.

Good for Jon not bending the knee.

Nice to see Sam congratulated for his stunt with Jorah. Now make copies of all of these crumbling scrolls and books.

Well, there goes the hot Sand Snake.

The Queen of Thorns sends a parting message to Cersei.

Wife and I said the same thing, but since it was Cersei's order ....

Well, at least 2 of the 3 heads. Not sold on Tyrions lineage.

Varys seemed surprised by Melisandre's last words. We will both die in Westeros.

They stripped the Rock of all wealth and basically abandoned it.

Exactly. The fastest way to prove his sight.

Varys is the only one with nothing to lose in Danny's court. But I'm not sure if he'd be the mole. There is no one else I can think of.

Who rescued Theon? His (other) Uncle?

Why do I think Sam making copies of the scrolls is a Mr. Miyagi thing? I suspect the Maester is making him copy the scrolls because there's stuff he needs to know in those scrolls. As for Jaime poisoning Olenna, that's probably his best move. He has a bad enough reputation without getting all stabby on an old lady.

Why do I think Sam making copies of the scrolls is a Mr. Miyagi thing? I suspect the Maester is making him copy the scrolls because there's stuff he needs to know in those scrolls. As for Jaime poisoning Olenna, that's probably his best move. He has a bad enough reputation without getting all stabby on an old lady.

I couldn't have been the only one thinking he was going to decapitate her once she told him about the poison.

Definitely a mole, unless Kyle Shanahan is calling her plays. Her lead has quickly evaporated.

Don't know that there's a mole, so much as Cersei's gotten inside Dani and Jon's OODA loop. She's reacting faster, and facing a force that's split and opened to defeat in detail. Going after the Tyrells was less about removing one of Dani's allies than it was robbing the richest house to pay off the Iron Bank - don't need a mole to explain that. And a mole would have to be feeding Cersei and Euron at the same time, which is unlikely.

Euron's magically transporting fleet is annoying, though. In the space of a couple weeks, he destroyed one fleet, took captives to King's Landing, then sailed to Casterly Rock and destroyed another fleet. He's moving twice as fast as any other ships on the ocean.

And note, too...the Tyrell gold has to get to the Iron Bank. On wooden ships, vulnerable to dragons. And Dani and the Iron Bank hold deep, slavery-related grudges against each other.

I suspect the Grand Maester is doing and end-around of the rules, and the old, moldy, decaying scrolls are precisely the old records Sam asked to read, and was denied.

I couldn't have been the only one thinking he was going to decapitate her once she told him about the poison.

Pretty sure he was thinking it, from the look on his face (side note: very good performance by Coster-Waldau. Aside from Dinklage, he might be my favorite actor in the series.)

And I liked the way Emma Peel (Diana Rigg will always be Emma Peel to me) grabbed the chalice and chugged it, with such a "!@#$ it, I'm dead, no sense putting it off" attitude.

Don't know that there's a mole, so much as Cersei's gotten inside Dani and Jon's OODA loop. She's reacting faster, and facing a force that's split and opened to defeat in detail. Going after the Tyrells was less about removing one of Dani's allies than it was robbing the richest house to pay off the Iron Bank - don't need a mole to explain that. And a mole would have to be feeding Cersei and Euron at the same time, which is unlikely.

Euron's magically transporting fleet is annoying, though. In the space of a couple weeks, he destroyed one fleet, took captives to King's Landing, then sailed to Casterly Rock and destroyed another fleet. He's moving twice as fast as any other ships on the ocean.

And note, too...the Tyrell gold has to get to the Iron Bank. On wooden ships, vulnerable to dragons. And Dani and the Iron Bank hold deep, slavery-related grudges against each other.

Euron has ships or so he claimed. Half for Sunspear, the other half for the Rock.

I might think that the Tyrell gold only has to get to the Banker.

Not my problem if the courier got robbed along the way.

Brienne changed Jamie if you ask me.

Anyone else thinking that Cersei had a bit of poison on her lips when she jumped Jamie?

By the way, do you think Jaime will tell Cersie who poisoned Joffrey?

I think Jamie ultimately will kill Cersie (probably along with himself) - but I don't think there's any way he can admit to Cersie that truth. Cersie would hold him accountable for convincing her to go the "soft" route with the poison. I think he realizes that and if he tells her at all, it'll be the day he kills her.

One thought I had is this scene is probably something that will bring Tyrion and Jamie back together in the books (if they ever get written). As discussed earlier, the two brothers parted on very different terms in the books versus the show. Jamie knowing for certain now that Tyrion didn't kill his son (which he never doubts in the show but does in the book) will help them bridge their quarrel... perhaps at least.

My favorite parts of the episode is when Dany says she's the last Targaryian while Jon and Tyrion are standing in the room. That and when we got a glimpse of Jon's future mount as it soared over his head.

.. .Well, at least 2 of the 3 heads. Not sold on Tyrions lineage.

I don't think there are gonna be three dragons to ride, after all. It's been clearly foreshadowed that a weapon is gonna take down at least one of them. Up until that point, I was shared the idea that Tyrion would ride the third one give how he bonded with them when he set two of them free.

On another note, didn't Jaime once say that poison is a woman's weapon?