Whaley goes out with class. Buffalo Media...not so much.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am expressing my opinion. I am not disrespectful to anyone on this board. If you are offended, maybe the truths hurts. As a fan of the bills, I will always hope they win on the field but I would not ignore the negativity that has been thrown his way.

...seriously?....OR ..honestly?.....why the hell play the race card?......inciteful trolling IMO..........and repulsive......have NEVER seen race baiting here until you decided to do it.....good Lord.....

How you treat and respect someone should always be more important than winning a football game. The game is not bigger than having human dignity. Reporters should be professional and not petty and spiteful. When that professional line is cross, they are open for fair or unfair criticism.

How you treat and respect someone should always be more important than winning a football game. The game is not bigger than having human dignity. Reporters should be professional and not petty and spiteful. When that professional line is cross, they are open for fair or unfair criticism.

I agree but this does not equate to being racist.

is that you, Butch?

I have a dream, that everyone would be judge on the content of their character and not the color of skin. Tim Graham, Sullivan, Vic, are all white, racist, bias writers. Their hatred for Whaley is deeper than football. If you don't believe me listen to the last question for Coach Mcdermet today. "How dare Whaley takes credit for something" This man has been call a liar, not articulate. All of the negative stigma and stereotypes that has been attaché to men of color in leadership positions. Look at the scrutiny of Tyrod Taylor. If JP Losman or Trent Ewards had Tyrod's production they might still be in buffalo. If Brock Oswelider had that same production everyone would say he was signed on the cheap. People like graham and Sullivan have one thing in common. They were local personalities from BUFFALO. They will never be happy with the face of the Bills franchise being BLACK.

Interesting take. I see it far more from a percentage of the fanbase than the media though.

...where have any criticisms/comments of players, coaches or ANYTHING to do with the Buffalo Bills here at TBD ever included ANY inference or DIRECT comment regarding racism or skin color?...a decent thread has taken a repugnant twist......CLOSE IT.................

I have a dream, that everyone would be judge on the content of their character and not the color of skin. Tim Graham, Sullivan, Vic, are all white, racist, bias writers. Their hatred for Whaley is deeper than football. If you don't believe me listen to the last question for Coach Mcdermet today. "How dare Whaley takes credit for something" This man has been call a liar, not articulate. All of the negative stigma and stereotypes that has been attaché to men of color in leadership positions. Look at the scrutiny of Tyrod Taylor. If JP Losman or Trent Ewards had Tyrod's production they might still be in buffalo. If Brock Oswelider had that same production everyone would say he was signed on the cheap. People like graham and Sullivan have one thing in common. They were local personalities from BUFFALO. They will never be happy with the face of the Bills franchise being BLACK.

wow

I have no use for the BN, bunch of hacks, but the race card?

pretty extreme there, kirk.

I am expressing my opinion. I am not disrespectful to anyone on this board. If you are offended, maybe the truths hurts. As a fan of the bills, I will always hope they win on the field but I would not ignore the negativity that has been thrown his way.

Is your claim that the Buffalo media is racist and therefore hypercritical of Whaley based on the tender treatment of Tom Donahoe........aka Whitey and arguably the whitest man possible.........upon his departure? :flirt:

Or did I just debunk your theory? :doh:

Next!

Another life long Bills fan.'

Whaley was horrific, unless you value hitting on a couple dumpster free agents rather than early round draft picks..

Good bye and good luck..

McCoy was THE reason we won 7 games last year.

How'd he get here?

Does your Kiko jersey still fit?

I think the Buffalo News is/was biased against Whaley, not because the color of his skin, but because he just didn't give them anything. The Buffalo News, particularly under the new ownership, and the the loss of people like Larry Felser, just has no real foot in the door with the Bills (or the Sabres for that matter), and they kind of took it out on Whaely, in my opinion. I used to stick up and defend the BN sports staff all the time here...but I thought the way they treated Whaley during and after the infamous January press conference was disgraceful. Even Vic Carruci, sad to say, has lowered himself. Funny too, the young guy they had there for a season or two (Tyler Dunne?) seemed far more connected to the NFL than the BN hacks.

I think the Buffalo News is/was biased against Whaley, not because the color of his skin, but because he just didn't give them anything. The Buffalo News, particularly under the new ownership, and the the loss of people like Larry Felser, just has no real foot in the door with the Bills (or the Sabres for that matter), and they kind of took it out on Whaely, in my opinion. I used to stick up and defend the BN sports staff all the time here...but I thought the way they treated Whaley during and after the infamous January press conference was disgraceful. Even Vic Carruci, sad to say, has lowered himself. Funny too, the young guy they had there for a season or two (Tyler Dunne?) seemed far more connected to the NFL than the BN hacks.

Whaley's press conference was embarrassing. Yeah he took some heat, but he deserved it with his ridiculous answers. Whaley wasn't a good General manager and i am glad that he is finally gone.

+1

Everyone here wants to see the Bills winning the SB. I didn't hate the guy like you and others do, that's all.

OK, stop. I don't know DW personally and would not know it if I tripped over him. He failed, that's the bottom line; the Buffalo Bills as an organization failed. Try to take a mature approach, just once look at the facts and the bottom line!

OK, stop. I don't know DW personally and would not know it if I tripped over him. He failed, that's the bottom line; the Buffalo Bills as an organization failed. Try to take a mature approach, just once look at the facts and the bottom line!

Right. And a mature approach is that he gave an interview after being fired and did not throw any bombs at his previous employers. Then several media guys decided to blast him even more. Not terribly mature in the journalist's part.

Right. And a mature approach is that he gave an interview after being fired and did not throw any bombs at his previous employers. Then several media guys decided to blast him even more. Not terribly mature in the journalist's part.

Then don't read it, my God, who cares! Do you have a life? Go enjoy it!