Polian told by Bills exec Dareus must 'Ship up or Ship out"

On NFLR, per Wild Bill, if Dareus doesn't play well and off field 'issue-free', he's outta here. He added that with the high cost of Watkins (losing a #1) when they (we) could have had Beckham staying at our spot, the EJ fiasco and Marcell all recent 1st Round pick misses, is the reason we're where we are today.

To Marcell, I agree with Big Red. He has shown spectacular play at times, but keeping him on the field and committed has been a real problem.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On NFLR, per Wild Bill, if Dareus doesn't play well and off field 'issue-free', he's outta here. He added that with the high cost of Watkins (losing a #1) when they (we) could have had Beckham staying at our spot, the EJ fiasco and Marcell all recent 1st Round pick misses, is the reason we're where we are today.

To Marcell, I agree with Big Red. He has shown spectacular play at times, but keeping him on the field and committed has been a real problem.

Yep. But his struggle seemed to start when his brother was killed the year after he was drafted.

It was a great pick at the time and he was great from the start.

it believe the correct terminology is, 'shape up or ship out'. someone *might want to fix the thread title.

... He added that with the high cost of Watkins (losing a #1) when they (we) could have had Beckham staying at our spot, the EJ fiasco and Marcell all recent 1st Round pick misses, is the reason we're where we are today. ...

well, don't know that i agree with that. the reason we are where we are at today is because we hired wRecks and his scheme when we were built for a 4-3 scheme.

it believe the correct terminology is, 'shape up or ship out'. someone *might want to fix the thread title.

Duly noted, but that's what Bill -who's no linguistic artist- said. I'm sure that's what he meant.

Marcell DEAD MONEY:

2017 - $38.3 mil

2018 - $22.2 mil

2019 - $7.8 mil

2020 - $1.4 mil

Dareus QUIT on his teamies.... like Mario.....just in a different way. drug suspension, out of shape....

i'd say it's about 75% likely he gets suspended again.

I just hope this new "all star" front office doesn't build a team full of Chris Kelsey's. At some point actual talent is needed, not just a bunch of "lunch pail"/"high motor" slow lighter skinned guys.

I think they are both great players, but need to start/keep producing. Watkins needs to stay healthy and get targets and dareus needs to stay motivated and give 100%. Hopefully the new coaching staff can bring out the best of both of them making them the star players they should be.

Yep. But his struggle seemed to start when his brother was killed the year after he was drafted.

It was a great pick at the time and he was great from the start.

wouldn't want to go thru what Dareus has gone through. all the death in his close family at such an early age..... we forget these are young 20 something kids

I know the serial apologists will have problems with this but I like it. I don't know, but I get the sense that we actually have a real organization beginning from the top that we haven't seen in quite some time. It's time to hold everyone accountable, even the stars of the team.

dm_160726_Dareus_Bills_hat.jpg

I just hope this new "all star" front office doesn't build a team full of Chris Kelsey's. At some point actual talent is needed, not just a bunch of "lunch pail"/"high motor" slow lighter skinned guys.

Dareus is part of the 1% er's......i'm sure the bills can find talent in the other 99%

using the 2014 NFL season as a reference.....31 players won’t be playing in their team’s opening game due to suspensions for either substance abuse, use of performance-enhancing substances, personal conduct or an on-field violation, Greg Aiello, a spokesman for the NFL, told The Washington Post. Those 31 players account for 1.1 percent of all 2,880 NFL players who reported to playing camp.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/09/04/31-nfl-players-are-suspended-but-its-still-a-lower-percentage-than-those-in-congress-under-investigation/?utm_term=.1142c1c08eee

he quit.....the chances of him making a pro bowl again.....about 10%......

well, don't know that i agree with that. the reason we are where we are at today is because we hired wRecks and his scheme when we were built for a 4-3 scheme.

BP acknowledged this as well for another contributing factor.

for those worried about passing on troubled talent

PRO BOWL players picked after Dareus in 2011

#4 - aj green

#5- patrick peterson

#6- julio jones

#9 - tyron smith

#11- jj watt

#15 - mike pouncy

the message delivered to the team by allowing Dareus to come and go as he pleases is the real damage. He appears to be lacking intelligence, has lied to the team, his teammates and the fans, and has faced discipline from the team and the league and still is here.

Polian is wrong on this one...no more chances regardless of the financial effect. When you pay him he is not here half the time in any event.