DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

unclear.

the wording of the article title would seem to suggest that the DOJ has already subpoenaed the e-mails. however, the body would seem to suggest this is an opinion that it would be advisable only. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

unclear.

the wording of the article title would seem to suggest that the DOJ has already subpoenaed the e-mails. however, the body would seem to suggest this is an opinion that it would be advisable only. 

I think it’s speculation — that’s my take at least. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, snafu said:

No, he's using this hypothetical as an example of a "bad" motive by the DOJ to pull the case.

It is akin to the accusation in this case that the President brought pressure on the DOJ to dismiss.

I think he's playing devil's advocate.

I worked with a lady who, as it turns out, was a fundamentalist Christian.  I was unaware and said to her one day "To play devil's advocate..." , she stopped, looked at me in horror and said "HE DOES NOT NEED AN ADVOCATE!".  

I wasn't even sure initially who she was talking about.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I worked with a lady who, as it turns out, was a fundamentalist Christian.  I was unaware and said to her one day "To play devil's advocate..." , she stopped, looked at me in horror and said "HE DOES NOT NEED AN ADVOCATE!".  

I wasn't even sure initially who she was talking about.  

Maybe she's just not a Pacino fan?

• Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Maybe she's just not a Pacino fan?

She also used to say to me things like....”blah blah blah it was gross tech.”.  She used it fairly often in a variety of contexts when I realized she was trying to say “grotesque”.   She was 10 years or so younger than I, I really thought it was something all the cool kids were saying.  

It could  be Pacino though, I hadn’t considered that. 

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

unclear.

I read it as some guy's fantasy scenario.

I would not be in favor of the DOJ going after the judge's emails, absent some probable cause that there was something illegal in there.

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I read it as some guy's fantasy scenario.

I would not be in favor of the DOJ going after the judge's emails, absent some probable cause that there was something illegal in there.

Yeah, there have been a bunch of fantasy retribution theories floated this week that should never see the light of day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

What's it all mean to a 4 year old like me??

:beer: 

It means the FBI/DOJ are still finding documents they swore they turned over long ago. This particular set of notes is likely VERY damning because of the timeline. It happened while the Crossfire Razor team (investigating Flynn) was telling Strzok that they had nothing and should shut down the investigation. Meanwhile, at that very same time, Strzok was looking to find a way to entrap Flynn in order to justify keeping the investigation open. 

They might be nothing in the end, but it's doubtful because of the timing and the lengths they've gone to keep this from Flynn's lawyers. 

ADDED: It's important to note it came from US attorney Jensen's office, not the DC DOJ/FBI. Jensen is the USA tasked with investigating whether the Flynn investigation was ever legal. The fact he provided this is another check in the "this is probably pretty bad for Strzok/Comey/McCabe/Obama" category. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1