DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No, if the case is not dismissed with prejudice, I go on vacation for a year. 

When it is dismissed with prejudice, you go on vacation for a year. 

That's the terms. 

Seems more likely he'll just create a new account.  Kinda his MO.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Seems more likely he'll just create a new account.  Kinda his MO.

Of course he will. He's an intellectually dishonest coward. He proved it with his last post. Accusing me of trying to create wiggle room when he's the one playing semantics. SuperShittyLawyerSection has brought nothing of value to this thread other than exposing his own ignorance -- and the fact that he's a terrible attorney who can't argue his way out of a wet paper bag. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Of course he will. He's an intellectually dishonest coward. He proved it with his last post. Accusing me of trying to create wiggle room when he's the one playing semantics. SuperShittyLawyerSection has brought nothing of value to this thread other than exposing his own ignorance -- and the fact that he's a terrible attorney who can't argue his way out of a wet paper bag. 

And you still believe he's an attorney? Even after all the nonsense he's spouted!? And you believe he'd honor a bet when proven wrong? You're a good guy, but come on... he would never, ever uphold to the terms of the bet. He'd simply come back under a different nic.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And you still believe he's an attorney? Even after all the nonsense he's spouted!? And you believe he'd honor a bet when proven wrong? You're a good guy, but come on... he would never, ever uphold to the terms of the bet. He'd simply come back under a different nic.

Yes, he could very well be an attorney. There are a lot of dumb attorneys in this world and I've dealt with my share. There are also a lot of very good ones that are a pleasure to work with. Point to remember: never, ever come to an agreement with an attorney without recognizing that their negotiations never end. You can have a signed agreement and they'll still try to squeeze a little bit more out of you. Even otherwise good attorneys will do this. Just never go to your bottom line until the final end. Leave some room. 

On 6/10/2020 at 3:54 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Why do I get the idea SectionC3 is a receptionist at a law office and thinks he knows more than he actually does?

Why disparage receptionists? 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Is the Court saying that the Government should disclose ALL reasons for wanting to dismiss?

Is it the Court's job to "rank" reasons if there's more than one?  Wouldn't a "good" reason to dismiss be just as important as a "bad" reason?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Does this Obama judge think Flynn killed George Floyd? This is weird. (For all I know it is common, but as a lay person, seems weird.)

No, he's using this hypothetical as an example of a "bad" motive by the DOJ to pull the case.

It is akin to the accusation in this case that the President brought pressure on the DOJ to dismiss.

I think he's playing devil's advocate.

Edited by snafu
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sullivan's attorney seems to be arguing... let's keep going. You never know what Sullivan is gonna do!

Man, what Flynn has to say must really be something that the #resistance crowd is going to these lengths.

Sullivan's attorney is floundering. Weakest of the three so far. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Sullivan's attorney is floundering. Weakest of the three so far. 

She's latched on to her only good argument -- that this motion for Mandamus is not timely.

I think Sullivan's attorney is misrepresenting the reason why Sullivan appointed the Amicus.  Sullivan's order said (if I remember) that the Amicus was supposed to take the position of the government because in this case there's nobody taking that position.  That IS adversarial.  She's arguing that the Amicus isn't adversarial.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

She's latched on to her only good argument -- that this motion for Mandamus is not timely.

I think Sullivan's attorney is misrepresenting the reason why Sullivan appointed the Amicus.  Sullivan's order said (if I remember) that the Amicus was supposed to take the position of the government because in this case there's nobody taking that position.  That IS adversarial.  She's arguing that the Amicus isn't adversarial.

Hoax.  The amicus assists the court’s understanding of an issue or of the case as a whole.  That’s not adversarial. 

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

:beer:

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  The amicus assists the court’s understanding of an issue or of the case as a whole.  That’s not adversarial. 

Normally, I'd agree.  However, in this case, Sullivan instructed Gleeson to argue as if he were the DOJ.

• Like (+1) 2

Wall's summary is using Gleeson's brief against Sullivan to argue why mandamus now IS a timely request -- and why this case shouldn't go to argument on July 16.

HaHa, that was a puffball question at the end there.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, snafu said:

Normally, I'd agree.  However, in this case, Sullivan instructed Gleeson to argue as if he were the DOJ.

Fair point.  The amicus still is a friend, but in this case the friend has a unique role to play.  I mostly agree with your response. 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Since Sullivan already has had time to "do the right thing and dismiss" - as a matter of fact, nothing is stopping him from doing it right now, well, nothing we concretely know, I am not certain what the point in continuing would be except to drag this out to when Sullivan "gets around" to signing. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

And now he's here, to re-climb a hill he already died on. That's how desperate Gary's become. His cowardly dishonesty gets exposed (again), he deletes a thread then runs to try to change the subject from his own asshattery to ... a position he's going to end up looking foolish once again for supporting. 

Why does Gary do all this? Why does he go through so much trouble everyday just to troll? Because he's a bad person who is here with ill will and a mission to defend the indefensible. That's all he is. 

You can't even call him a man. He's like an early draft of a man where they just sketched out a giant, mangled skeleton but they didn't have time to add details like pigment or self-respect. He's Frankenstein's monster, if his monster was made entirely of dead dikks. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino