DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I love how they argue that, for false statements to be material, it is "sufficient that the false statements have “a natural tendency to influence, or [be] capable of influencing, the decision of the decisionmaking body to Which it was addressed (quoting Neder, 527 US. at 16)." Yet, they offer no explanation whatsoever how these false statements (if you actually believe there were any) could potentially influence the the FBI regarding any decisions related to the underlying investigation.

This is not an instance where the FBI was asking questions about anything they didn't already know the answers to. The interview of Flynn was about what he said in conversations with the Russiam Ambassador and the FBI Agents were in possession of the transcripts of the conversations. If Flynn told them any lies, they would know what the actual truth was because it was right in front of them.

A false statement only has the potential to influence if it would cause you to do something you wouldn't if you knew the truth. They already knew the truth. 

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

I love how they argue that, for false statements to be material, it is "sufficient that the false statements have “a natural tendency to influence, or [be] capable of influencing, the decision of the decisionmaking body to Which it was addressed (quoting Neder, 527 US. at 16)." Yet, they offer no explanation whatsoever how these false statements (if you actually believe there were any) could potentially influence the the FBI regarding any decisions related to the underlying investigation.

This is not an instance where the FBI was asking questions about anything they didn't already know the answers to. The interview of Flynn was about what he said in conversations with the Russiam Ambassador and the FBI Agents were in possession of the transcripts of the conversations. If Flynn told them any lies, they would know what the actual truth was because it was right in front of them.

A false statement only has the potential to influence if it would cause the you to do something you wouldn't if you knew the truth. They already knew the truth. 

Flynn lied to protect Trump 

A false statement only has the potential to influence if it would cause the you to do something you wouldn't if you knew the truth. They already knew the truth. 

100%

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Flynn lied to protect Trump 

If I were a betting man and I had to choose which person, Flynn or Strzok, is more likely to have lied in that interview (and about anything relating to that interview), my money would be on Strzok every time.

However, your response is irrelevant to the point I was making, as usual.

But, let's set that aside for the moment and say, for the sake of argument that Flynn lied. The defense's argument is that any false statement by Flynn was material because it had a natural tendency to influence, or be capable of influencing, decisions of the FBI regarding the underlying investigation.

Please tell us what potential influence any false statement could have had since the FBI had the truth in the transcripts in their possession?

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Swalwell a soldier of the left.  Not interest in what has really transpired in all of this.  Instead wants to criticize the process and make himself important.  He flat out sucks. 

The smartest thing, by far, I ever heard Swalwell say is when he farted during an interview....

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If I were a betting man and I had to choose which person, Flynn or Strzok, is more likely to have lied in that interview (and about anything relating to that interview), my money would be on Strzok every time.

However, your response is irrelevant to the point I was making, as usual.

But, let's set that aside for the moment and say, for the sake of argument that Flynn lied. The defense's argument is that any false statement by Flynn was material because it had a natural tendency to influence, or be capable of influencing, decisions of the FBI regarding the underlying investigation.

Please tell us what potential influence any false statement could have had since the FBI had the truth in the transcripts in their possession?

The smartest, by far, thing I ever heard Swalwell say is when he farted during an interview....

You'd trust Flynn, the guy who was secretly working for Turkey while getting a job as National Security Advisor? Admit it, you don't like republican forms of government, do you? You want a corrupt dictatorship instead 

Just now, Tiberius said:

You'd trust Flynn, the guy who was secretly working for Turkey while getting a job as National Security Advisor? Admit it, you don't like republican forms of government, do you? You want a corrupt dictatorship instead 

I would trust Flynn over Strzok all day every day. I prefer a republican form of government.

Now please, answer my question: Please tell us what potential influence any false statement could have had since the FBI had the truth in the transcripts in their possession?

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I would trust Flynn over Strzok all day every day. I prefer a republican form of government.

Now please, answer my question: Please tell us what potential influence any false statement could have had since the FBI had the truth in the transcripts in their possession?

You'd seriously trust a guy that was double dealing on the US? Sad 

Oh and lies about an ongoing investigation? Oh I suppose that would fall under the simple definition of obstruction of justice. Right? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

You'd seriously trust a guy that was double dealing on the US? Sad 

Oh and lies about an ongoing investigation? Oh I suppose that would fall under the simple definition of obstruction of justice. Right? 

No, actually it wouldn't. That is the point of the question I keep asking you. They have to be material. So, again, please tell us what potential influence any false statement could have had since the FBI had the truth in the transcripts in their possession?

No, actually it wouldn't. That is the point of the question I keep asking you. They have to be material. So, again, please tell us what potential influence any false statement could have had since the FBI had the truth in the transcripts in their possession?

Oh no, lying to investigators is obstruction of justice. He shouldn't have lied. 

You trust a guy who lied to the FBI, take off the political blinders for a minute at least 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, lying to investigators is obstruction of justice. He shouldn't have lied. 

You trust a guy who lied to the FBI, take off the political blinders for a minute at least 

...yup the "FBI confessional".......THAT should garner some REAL high marks.....SMH.........

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You know, if you limited your postings to topics of which you possessed any kind of knowledge at all that could even remotely be passed off as useful, relevant, interesting, etc., it would really be beneficial to everyone.

You wouldn't sound completely ignorant as often, and the rest of us wouldn't have to risk the severe deterioration of brain cells reading what you write.

You are the internet equivalent of a neurodegenerative disease.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup the "FBI confessional".......THAT should garner some REAL high marks.....SMH.........

Crazy double standard

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You know, if you limited your postings to topics of which you possessed any kind of knowledge at all that could even remotely be passed off as useful, relevant, interesting, etc., it would really be beneficial to everyone.

You wouldn't sound completely ignorant as often, and the rest of us wouldn't have to risk the severe deterioration of brain cells reading what you write.

You are the internet equivalent of a neurodegenerative disease.

Some arguments are just simple. He shouldn't have lied to the FBI. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Some arguments are just simple. He shouldn't have lied to the The FBI shouldn't be used as an arm of a politically party to fabricate criminal cases against innocent citizens for political purposes.

FIFY

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

FIFY

The investigation was real and serious, Russia interfered in OUR REPUBLIC, that obviously does not bother you. 

Flynn obstructed the investigation you obviously wished never happened. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

<_< Maybe Grenell is in line to take over at the FBI :P

A little late there, Christopher Wray.....

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

The investigation was real and serious, Russia interfered in OUR REPUBLIC, that obviously does not bother you

Not nearly as much as your ignorance on these issues

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

A little late there, Christopher Wray.....

Not nearly as much as your ignorance on these issues

Obviously! It's only the United States of America, after all. 

“Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness”

Obedience to the ninth commandment frees us from the fear, insecurity, doubt, torment, and eventual condemnation that are the fruits of deceit.

The young man had been on the job little more than a year, and his part-time assignment under one of the most influential supervisors in the organization seemed like a plum. It might, he hoped, develop into a challenging, satisfying full-time assignment.

And then one day as they met with their manager, the young man’s trust in his supervisor vanished. The manager asked the young man hard, critical questions about a report the young man had prepared, and the supervisor, who had reviewed the report and changed the section in question, sat silently, offering no help.

“But I handled all this in what I wrote originally,” the young man said, turning to his supervisor. The supervisor answered: “I don’t remember reading anything about it.”

The young man was certain of what he had written. Later in the day, after the supervisor had left, the young man went to the file where everyone in the department filed carbon copies of their reports. All of the carbon copies were in place, in proper order, except the one in question. It had disappeared.

After that day, the young man was careful to keep a second copy of everything he wrote. He cooperated with his supervisor as the job required, but when an opportunity came for a less prestigious assignment under a supervisor he knew to be honest, the young man took it.

His life had been affected by someone who had borne false witness. “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour” (Ex. 20:16) is the ninth of the ten commandments given to Moses for the governing and blessing of the children of Israel. But its place on the list does not mean it is less consequential than other commandments. Peace, happiness, security, trust, and tranquility are in jeopardy when this commandment is ignored. The danger may be as obvious as the punishment of an individual for crimes he did not commit. It may be as subtle as the teaching of our children, by negative example, that shading the truth just a bit is acceptable so long as there is no chance of getting caught. In any case, bearing false witness—of which lying is just one aspect—erodes the souls of individuals and snips away at the cords of common trust that must bind any society together if it is to survive.

Edited by Tiberius

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I agree 100% - Obama, Rice, Comey, Strzok, et. al., should not have lied about what they did to General Flynn.

That is not what this country stands for :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Obedience to the ninth commandment frees us from the fear, insecurity, doubt, torment, and eventual condemnation that are the fruits of deceit.

The young man had been on the job little more than a year, and his part-time assignment under one of the most influential supervisors in the organization seemed like a plum. It might, he hoped, develop into a challenging, satisfying full-time assignment.

And then one day as they met with their manager, the young man’s trust in his supervisor vanished. The manager asked the young man hard, critical questions about a report the young man had prepared, and the supervisor, who had reviewed the report and changed the section in question, sat silently, offering no help.

“But I handled all this in what I wrote originally,” the young man said, turning to his supervisor. The supervisor answered: “I don’t remember reading anything about it.”

The young man was certain of what he had written. Later in the day, after the supervisor had left, the young man went to the file where everyone in the department filed carbon copies of their reports. All of the carbon copies were in place, in proper order, except the one in question. It had disappeared.

After that day, the young man was careful to keep a second copy of everything he wrote. He cooperated with his supervisor as the job required, but when an opportunity came for a less prestigious assignment under a supervisor he knew to be honest, the young man took it.

His life had been affected by someone who had borne false witness. “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour” (Ex. 20:16) is the ninth of the ten commandments given to Moses for the governing and blessing of the children of Israel. But its place on the list does not mean it is less consequential than other commandments. Peace, happiness, security, trust, and tranquility are in jeopardy when this commandment is ignored. The danger may be as obvious as the punishment of an individual for crimes he did not commit. It may be as subtle as the teaching of our children, by negative example, that shading the truth just a bit is acceptable so long as there is no chance of getting caught. In any case, bearing false witness—of which lying is just one aspect—erodes the souls of individuals and snips away at the cords of common trust that must bind any society together if it is to survive.

Link?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I hope -- and that's all I'm going off of with Wray these days -- that's intentional due to "ongoing criminal investigations".

Ditto.

Either that or Grenell is next in line. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hope -- and that's all I'm going off of with Wray these days -- that's intentional due to "ongoing criminal investigations". 

I'm hoping right along with you. I am not a Wray fan as I feel he is cut from the same cloth as the people who were responsible for how far the Bureau has fallen. However, I am willing to wait and see....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The investigation was real and serious, Russia interfered in OUR REPUBLIC, that obviously does not bother you. 

Did I miss something? Now you believe the FBI wanted to talk to Flynn about his part in the Russian interference in our ‘republic’? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Well if the fvckin morons who keep saying Flynn lied should know this..........

Well if Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Rice, Yates, etc. didn’t have to LIE in the first place, Flynn wouldn’t have had to turn around and lie to save his son’s ass.

They cornered the man with their lies, but why let facts get in the way of #orangemanbad.

Hypocrisy is strong with the Trump-hating folks.

• Like (+1) 2