There are two types of Bills fans @ Two Bills Drive

This is my Dad. He hasn't missed a single play in the entire history of the franchise. Equally, not a single play ever met with his satisfaction. He grumbles 100% of time, while never leaving his radio or TV. I guess its how some people deal with it.

My biggest issue with this board are crusaders. Posting in virtually every thread, regardless of the topic, to spew their hate over a particular player, coach or GM. Nauseating.

Amen bro! good to see a mod say this.

Edited by horned dogs

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a forum for FOOTBALL information and discussion. PLEASE stop with the million terrible LAMP threads about how you feel about things. I'm sick and tired of all these "special snowflakes" starting topics based solely on opinions and feelings. If a poster that contributes with links and inside information or gives reports of training camp and practices they've observed injects some personal opinions into a topic, fine. The proliferation of these non-informative or duplicate topics is lessening the quality of this board.

I realize I could be flamed for this. We just absorbed a lot of new members. But, has anyone thought that maybe as a group we needed to get some of this out in the open and discuss. I mean some people are so conflict averse, they don't see it that way. Getting the expectations out there, for behavior, new posts, and especially crusades. Most, not all, will hopefully pick up on it. I've seen a little bit of adjustment going on from some recently.

Spoken like a true bleeding heart QB hunter. Can't handle the fact that there are winners and losers. Only interested in the participation trophy and getting ice cream after the game.

Us Bills lovers, we're more grounded and practical. We aren't ruled by our emotions. We're really smart. Anyone who agrees with us is smart too.

Excellent.

I am going to start a new thread asking how many types of people are in the world. This place needs more new threads to discuss the same thing.

feelings matter.

I'm a 35 yr old male. But I identify anyway I please. I've argued here against people claiming I was a 63 yr old grandfather WWII veteran. And a 19 yr old pre med major.

I definitely want to win and a Qb but cannot trade all your picks for a possible franchise Qb, this os football and not hockey. 2016 NHL draft I would have been willing to trade our #8 and both our 2nd rround picks and up to all 5 of our 3rd round picks to move up for Austin Matthews. That is definitely a compliment to him and nothing against Nylander at all. Or even Cliff Pu for that matter. I just feel Matthews is that special and would love to see him with soon to be Captain Jack. With football, or any other sport for that matter as Michael Jordan was the 4th best player on his college team, it does not just come down to learning to play more defensive and pro workout and nutrition. Even with all that said next year I will sort of contradict myself as I truly feel Darnold is going to light this league up spectacularly.

So, based on my personal point of view, it seems there are two different types of Bills fans on this forum.

1. Fan's that want to win
  2. Fan's that want a QB

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that just want to win:

• Hopefully the new Owner / Coach / GM / Player does great and we win!
  • I hate the Patriots!
  • I hate the Jets!
  • I hate the Dolphins!

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that want a QB:

• Mortgage an entire draft
  • Trade the best players on the roster
  • Fire every Coach / GM that doesn't draft a QB every year
  • Tank every season until we find a QB
  • Cry about Bill Belichick lucking out on a reject QB
  • Wish that they were Patriot fans

Basically what I am trying to say is that I am not with the QB hunters, but I love all of your posts and meaningless rants about finding the next "Tom Brady". Us fans that just want to win are kind of boring, and hope everything works out. We occasionally blow up and rant about the entire Bills organizational failures, and then return to our winless hole.

So, to you QB hunters, I thank you for interjecting a QB type response in every single post to make it a little more interesting!

P.S. - I really like the Nathan Peterman draft pick, but can care less if he ever starts a game as long as we win.

There are likely more than 2 types of Bills fans here, but if you want to only categorize 2, there are those wait for a player/coach/gm to do something before assessing their performance and those that judge based on a 'hunch' or a feeling before any work has been done.

I'd say it tends to fall into more of these 2 categories -

1) those who really can't be lumped into a single, narrow category that enjoy talking about all things Bills and have many differing opinions on all Bills related topics.

2) those on a crusade, who only really seem to enjoy talking about a couple of small areas of the Bills and feel the need to constantly keep bludgeoning people over he head with their same opinion over and over again.

Edited by BillsFan4

This is a forum for FOOTBALL information and discussion. PLEASE stop with the million terrible LAMP threads about how you feel about things. I'm sick and tired of all these "special snowflakes" starting topics based solely on opinions and feelings. If a poster that contributes with links and inside information or gives reports of training camp and practices they've observed injects some personal opinions into a topic, fine. The proliferation of these non-informative or duplicate topics is lessening the quality of this board.

If ever there was a phrase that has jumped the shark, this is it. I immediately dismiss anyone who uses it as a crazy. You think you are funny, I'm sure, but all you and anyone who uses it are doing is turning off people from your party and opinions. Nice job.

Edited by Mark80

I look at it like Pro-Bills and Pro-Winning.

Pro-Bills folks put their emphasis on loving the Bills in their current incarnation at all times, virtually no matter what. Pro-Winning put their emphasis on the Bills winning even if it would mean major change to the current incarnation.

Do the Pro-Bills group want to see them win, of course, but they put more emphasis on their love for the team. Do the Pro-Winning people love the Bills, of course, but they put more emphasis on seeing them become a winner.

So like patriotism vs nationalism?

I love you all so much!

To the nay-sayers that bring politics into a simple observation: Bless your heart!

To the nay-sayers who say I am childish for posting about an observation that I have made: Bless you heart!

To the nay-sayers that say these are the threads that will destroy TBD: Bless your heart and thank you for contributing to it's deemed failure!

To add on to my blessings, I'd like to mention a few things that have made this moment possible for myself:

1. The government which has clothed me, supported me, and has allowed me to serve this wonderful country in a time of war.
  2. The Bills fans that just want to win so bad that it hurts.
  3. The true QB Hunters that take that title with pride and continue to search for glory!
  4. And lastly, the tireless QB hunters who are on the brink of becoming Bills fans that just want to win. You will taunt, criticize, rant, scream, and cry until you submit to the real cause. Be careful though, some stay for a lifetime and grow more bitter with every Bills update. Their skin becomes translucent, and their back arm fat continues to grow. They even walk around with a bland, cut/off hoody that they wish they could wear. It's just a shame watching them struggle year after year.

On the flip side, I just love the Bills and can't wait to watch some football!

GO BILLS!!!!

you should get that PTSD looked after

If ever there was a phrase that has jumped the shark, this is it. I immediately dismiss anyone who uses it as a crazy. You think you are funny, I'm sure, but all you and anyone who uses it are doing is turning off people from your party and opinions. Nice job.

Man, you QB Hunters are a sensitive bunch. I guess us Bills lovers will have to put trigger warnings on our posts so as not to upset your delicate constitutions.

Back in my day, "safe spaces" were called moving to friggin Canada and the only trigger warnings were yelled in Vietnamese and followed by bullets and anyone taking pictures of their food to show all their gender-fluid, unicorn friends was called section 8.

Edited by Jauronimo

No one wants to win more and find the right QB then 1st time HC McD and GM Beane.

Give them the full 5 years. I really think these two are the real deal.

Another key is to get a good scouting staff. They know that as well.

We had a great scouting staff in my opinion. We just had a GM that couldn't get along with others but I believe the real problem is we went from one meddling owner to another. Until the team owners learn to keep their hands off and mouths shut we will struggle just like the Cowboys until Jerry Jones backed off. :cry: