What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

I had Peterman as my #2 QB behind Trubisky. He has a very good chance at having a longer career than Mahomes. Mahomes probably has a higher ceiling, he's just very very unlikely to ever reach it.

I watched a lot of the Gruden series on ESPN...saw the sections on both Mahomes and Peterman. Gruden liked both............said that he and Andy Reid were on the staff at GB when they had a young Farve, and that Mahomes reminded him a LOT of the young Farve. Reid either saw the show, or, made that judgement for himself....likely both....and moved up to get Mahomes. That said, Gruden had a lot of good things to say about Peterman....including his double degree situation...graduated from Tenn with Batchelors and got his MBA while playing for Pitt.....LOTS of smarts in this kids head.....where Losman and Manuel were both short. So, I am thinking...on a value basis, the Bills risk taking Peterman in the 5th is a lot better than the Chiefs value..as they gave up 2 #'1 for Mahomes. In the end, this might be a win win for both teams. Not unhappy with the trade at all. Not sure I agree with all the nay sayers about TT...McD and partner will decide based on TT's performance this and next year.

Hindsight is wishing we had taken Tom Brady when he fell to the 6th round. The Chiefs valuing Mahomes enough to move up to get him and us deciding the picks were worth more than him isn't hindsight if he's great, it's the Chiefs doing a better job in evaluation than us.

This is the issue - if Mahomes is good for KC - it does not mean the Chiefs did a better job because there is no way to know how Mahomes would have done in Buffalo instead.

It is the same issue that I have with people saying we missed on Wilson a couple of years ago. With our staff at that time - Wilson would not have gotten the opportunity and then the coaching staff changed. I think Wilson would of been a totally different player here than in Seattle.

I feel the same way about Mahomes. I do not think the Bills felt he was a great fit and therefore even if he succeeds in KC - that does not mean he would of succeeded here - if the fit was bad - he would have a higher chance of failing, but I understand the thoughts.

Mahomes can spit farther than Peterman can throw. Lets draw a line between optimism and delusion shall we?

I get it that fans have these opinions, the weirder thing is that GMs who get paid millions of dollars also have these opinions. Arm strength is the least important trait when predicting the jump from college to the NFL. It's a plus on top of other factors, but it doesn't replace them. Bad foortwork and bad mechanics combined with arm strength equals a 1st round bust.

The Bills weren't going to draft Mahomes, anyway. They had a shopping list and got most of what they needed in the draft. CB, WR, OL -- we all knew where the biggest holes were, and they went in trying to fill those spots.

I haven't given up on TT, either. I think he had few receivers he could trust last year. This year with a healthy Watkins and more talent available, TT could start being a lot more effective at passing. He's already an effective runner, and if Shady stays healthy this offense could be very effective.

Drafting a quarterback is really a crap shoot. Just because a team trades up to get you, doesn't mean you will pan out. Who is a better quarterback Jared Goff or Dak Prescott? Wouldn't it be funny if Mahomes is a bust and Peterman is the next Zak Prerscott. LOL The Bills are due to get some luck.

Drafting a quarterback is really a crap shoot. Just because a team trades up to get you, doesn't mean you will pan out. Who is a better quarterback Jared Goff or Dak Prescott? Wouldn't it be funny if Mahomes is a bust and Peterman is the next Zak Prerscott. LOL The Bills are due to get some luck.

This has about as much chance of happening as me becoming president of the USA. Mahomes was the best QB in the draft. not only that he was the best player in this draft. he is the next Rogers or Farve. if you paid attention to what the KC chiefs GM said about Mahomes, he said he was a once in a life time talent. His talent does not come around very often. then he goes on to say the Chiefs are set at QB for the next 12 years. So keep drinking the cool aid from a team that has no idea what there doing. we would rather draft position players then draft a QB. The Bills screwed the pooch on this one and those fans that supported trading out of the 10 spot will have to live with that the rest of there posting careers on Two Bills Drive.

Edited by billsareback

This has about as much chance of happening as me becoming president of the USA. Mahomes was the best QB in the draft. not only that he was the best player in this draft. he is the next Rogers or Farve. if you paid attention to what the KC chiefs GM said about Mahomes, he said he was a once in a life time talent. His talent does not come around very often. then he goes on to say the Chiefs are set at QB for the next 12 years. So keep drinking the cool aid from a team that has no idea what there doing. we would rather draft position players then draft a QB. The Bills screwed the pooch on this one and those fans that supported trading out of the 10 spot will have to live with that the rest of there posing careers on Two Bills Drive.

LOL....got a little Mahomes infatuation huh?

Since the Chiefs GM has high praise for his own pick, it's automatic that he will be good?

Edited by Teeflebees

Championship?

This has about as much chance of happening as me becoming president of the USA. Mahomes was the best QB in the draft. not only that he was the best player in this draft. he is the next Rogers or Farve. if you paid attention to what the KC chiefs GM said about Mahomes, he said he was a once in a life time talent. His talent does not come around very often. then he goes on to say the Chiefs are set at QB for the next 12 years. So keep drinking the cool aid from a team that has no idea what there doing. we would rather draft position players then draft a QB. The Bills screwed the pooch on this one and those fans that supported trading out of the 10 spot will have to live with that the rest of there posting careers on Two Bills Drive.

I don't care if Vince Lombardi came back from the grave to make the pronouncement bolded, I'm not buying it. At least not yet (give me 12 years to see if he's still the QB in 12 years).

I've watched enough football and drafts to know that QBs are kind of a crapshoot. You, nor KCs GM, *really* knows how Mahomes will perform once he's on the field and the real bullets are flying.

The other big counterpoint is that if he was such an obvious spectacular, once in a lifetime, GOAT, Super QB wouldn't every team in the league have been trying to trade up to get him?? I mean, think about it...

It may or may not bother you. But if McDermott traded away a franchise QB and does not acquire one himself by next year he will find himself more hated than Rex when he gets fired.

And if we already have a QB that can win and we fixed the left side of the defensive backfield for the next 5 years, we will be quite happy.

The defense not the offense was and still is the issue. I am hopeful it was mostly bad scheme. I think Rex caused great harm and a simple return to a 4-3 defense will offer far greater returns than a rookie QB.

The real question will be how Tre White does and what we do with the extra first round pick next year.

I respectfully disagree. We drafted a defensive back instead of a possible franchise quarterback in round 1.

I think that the real question is whether or not doing so will result in the Bills winning football games. If White is good or even very good, it won't matter if we continue to lose.

I respectfully disagree. We drafted a defensive back instead of a possible franchise quarterback in round 1.

I think that the real question is whether or not doing so will result in the Bills winning football games. If White is good or even very good, it won't matter if we continue to lose.

So the aquiring of the 1st round pick does not factor into your thinking at all?

And if we already have a QB that can win and we fixed the left side of the defensive backfield for the next 5 years, we will be quite happy.

The defense not the offense was and still is the issue. I am hopeful it was mostly bad scheme. I think Rex caused great harm and a simple return to a 4-3 defense will offer far greater returns than a rookie QB.

Win what? We have a QB that if everything falls into place perfectly could sneak into the playoffs. That's a Ryan Fitzpatrick type. If we hitch our wagon to another team's backup QB for the next 2 years I believe we will be hiring a new coach and GM in 2019.

LOL....got a little Mahomes infatuation huh?

Since the Chiefs GM has high praise for his own pick, it's automatic that he will be good?

No it's because Andy Reid is the maker of great quarterbacks and he liked him. Never mind that six teams in need of an quarterback passed on him.

Win what? We have a QB that if everything falls into place perfectly could sneak into the playoffs. That's a Ryan Fitzpatrick type. If we hitch our wagon to another team's backup QB for the next 2 years I believe we will be hiring a new coach and GM in 2019.

In my opinion next year's draft will dictate this staffs fate. If they stay the Chan route of another teams backup as this teams savior I will expect a new staff and GM in 2019 but if a QB is taken in rd1 in 2018 I will expect brighter days at OBD and this staff sticking around past 3 seasons.

two peas in a pod...

"Potential" is the keyword Bill. I'd say getting a DB and a first rounder in next year's draft where there should be better quarterbacks is pretty good.

"Potential" is the keyword Bill. I'd say getting a DB and a first rounder in next year's draft where there should be better quarterbacks is pretty good.

Except "potential" is double fold next year, where you're hoping that A. The potential better class does exist and B. The QB prospect we could get will have as much or more potential.

Will that first rounder help us much in getting a QB next year? Maybe, but maybe not.

Bird in the hand.

Edited by jmc12290