What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

The question is: is Mahomes real? Sure he's something tangible right now but was he worth the 10th overall pick, much less what the Chiefs give up to get him? I guess we'll find out in a few years.

That's the bottom line....we don't know yet. To be so adamant about something that is unknowable at this point I find to be odd. The truth is, we will have to wait and see. Some folks are clearly on the record. You can't say I told you so until it comes to be.

Edited by Augie

What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

Well.........................that would be a good thing.

But what if both of them are really bad, but Peterman isn't quite as bad as Mahomes?

We need to cover all the bases.

This!!!!

No, never that. A misjudgement on a long shot does not compare to being a long term blowhard, lazy, look at me fool. One made a calculated decision, the other tells you we will go to the promised land, but can't count to 11.

Drafting a quarterback is really a crap shoot. Just because a team trades up to get you, doesn't mean you will pan out. Who is a better quarterback Jared Goff or Dak Prescott? Wouldn't it be funny if Mahomes is a bust and Peterman is the next Zak Prerscott. LOL The Bills are due to get some luck.

Don't laugh, this could very well happen.

Alex Smith is terrible. TERRIBLE! He got benched for Kaep. He's good enough to not turn the ball over and beat crappy and mediocre teams but will never be able to take a team anywhere.

I don't think the bills will be in the 20 range. So maybe a 10 and a 12.

I don't think Alex Smith is terrible. I think the Chiefs playbook is terrible

I don't think Alex Smith is terrible. I think the Chiefs playbook is terrible

Could be, but I'll bet most people will take Andy Reid over stuvian in a blind play call test. Just sayin'. He's no Belichick, but you rarely here him getting bashed.

Over the years people have said EJ wasn't verry accurate in college and therefore wouldn't be a good QB in the NFL...well Mahomes college completion percentage(63) is lower than EJs (66).

If EJ was a reach then Mahomes was an even bigger reach because KC gave up a 1st next year to get him.

Edited by Yav

Alex Smith is playing his last year. His replacement has been drafted and is warming up in the bullpen.

And Tyrod has only started 29 games in the NFL, and is 6 years younger than Smith. There is every reason to believe he has not hit his ceiling.

Over the years people have said EJ wasn't verry accurate in college and therefore wouldn't be a good QB in the NFL...well Mahomes college completion percentage(63) is lower than EJs (66).

If EJ was a reach then Mahomes was an even bigger reach because KC gave up a 1st next year to get him.

I have a son who went to FSU back in the EJ days, so I watched a lot of him in person and on TV. I saw nothing worthy of a 1st round pick, but he seems to be a great person. I asked my son (himself a HS QB, though not big time he was POY for his conference and honorable mention All State in FL), and his comment on Mahomes was something like "amazing arm with the mechanics of a high schooler". Relax Jeff, he's not a pro scout, but I just found that interesting since I saw almost nothing of the guy.

Why is that sad? Seems like a mean sentiment.

Mean by me? I think "mean" is beating people over the head agaian, and again, and again, and again with he same stuff. I get it, we heard your opinion. Relentless Crusading can be tiring.

That's the problem with QB rating with no context. If both QB's are asked to carry their team then QB rating could be a fair way to evaluate two different players. But if one QB is hidden by a top running game and throws into good situations then it is not. Tyrod Taylor has to be protected and therefore his value is far lower than Alex Smith. Alex Smith is also near the end of his career and will be replaced next year. If that's what you want for Tyrod then sign me up.

There are more stats posted than just QB rating.

Alex Smith is playing his last year. His replacement has been drafted and is warming up in the bullpen.

So does this mean you're dropping your "Alex Smith is better than Tyrod" narrative, after being confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Is your "Andy Reid=QB Magician" narrative still operative?

So does this mean you're dropping your "Alex Smith is better than Tyrod" narrative, after being confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Is your "Andy Reid=QB Magician" narrative still operative?

Some Bills fans told me that David Lee was just as good as Andy Reid or Bruce Arians for QB development and QB play.

:lol:

It may or may not bother you. But if McDermott traded away a franchise QB and does not acquire one himself by next year he will find himself more hated than Rex when he gets fired.

This!!!!

How exasperating it is, to see anyone at all persuaded by such a misguided and unsupported claim. Once again:
1. At the time the decision is made, no one knows what Mahomes will become.
2. There is substantial empirical evidence pertaining to recent 1st-round QBs indicating that they are unlikely to turn out to be any good. Let alone great. Let alone a "franchise" QB.
3. There is substantial empirical evidence indicating that trading back is beneficial and that even the most objective trade charts currently overestimate the value of higher picks compared to lower ones.
4. KC offered Buffalo a substantial amount on the dollar, even according to those charts which overestimate the value of the higher pick.
5. Whatever Mahomes turns out to be in KC is certainly not exactly the same as what he would have become in Buffalo.
So what can we conclude from the above?
(1) - The decision made sense given the information available at the time it was made.
(2) - There may, in hindsight, have been a better course of action available.
(3) - (2) is irrelevant to (1).