Advice Needed, Seriously, Guys...

boyst

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a pretty complex situation and question.

That said, the best option is to chain her up in the basement. Ignore the workouts, but do the rest of what people have already suggested (Arbys, cigars, etc). Sit down each night with her in the dungeon and talk about your day while wearing a pig mask.

It is 9:00pm, past my general bed time and I am rather displeased because a lot if on my mind. I generally wake up in the morning to workout before work which means I am up at 4am. I stopped working out 6 months ago and cannot get back in to it and lost my 6pack and all. It's been tough. Anyway, so, I have been seeing a girl a while now. I will choose not to name her in case someone wants to play shenanigans. We are very similar, career driven and get along well. We have fun no matter what we do and while we are entirely different in culture we work. We met a month ago after your typical millennial dating methods - an app. It wasn't long until I brought her back to the farm to see how great it is, chicks always love to see the farm. She loves my chicks, too. Either way, we have plans for Saturday. She has never been to a NASCAR race and whilst I am not a NASCAR fan this small local track, Bowman Gray, is a cultural experience. Before we go I have agreed to make her dinner and I have no clue what to make. I am thinking something Greek because it seems like it'd be cool. Obviously, I want to use beef. I am generally a very good cook as when I want to I follow instructions very well.

So, my friends, I really need advice here. I am 35 and I am having a hard time here. I cannot lose weight like I used to. How much cardio should I do?

I'm 47 myself. Your diet, weight lifting and cardio all go hand-in-hand. Simply controlling portion size and rolling in some more veggies helped a lot for diet. I don't deny myself a burger or the like, if you can shrink your stomach and then avoid overeating that goes a really long way without having to give up favorite foods. Walking as much as you can in a day (for me it's walking stairs over elevators)pays off too. Weight lifting also really helps burn fat, especially first thing in the morning.

My suggestion for cardio is identify a race or competitive event you'd like to do, bike race, run, tough mudder etc. Then train for it and see how everything goes. Races like the mudder are great because you can't skimp on cardio or weights.

Welcome to getting old! I was heavier at 35 then 45 because it took me a while to realize I couldn't eat like I was 25 any more. But you can find overweight vegetarians, weight lifters, and runners. Find goals in all 3 areas, make sure it's activities you really want to try, so it's personal. Just doing something because you need to lose weight seldom works/lasts.

i've recently gotten serious about going to the gym and forcing myself even when i don't feel like going at 530AM. i've been going pretty regularly for about 6-9 months, 4-6 times a week, alternating days of weights and cardio. I am finally starting to notice changes, i am wearing shirts that i haven't been able to wear, i've gone down a couple/few weight sizes. My biggest problem is beer. I have conceded that as long as i go to the gym i can have a beer or more that day, figure a zero sum game is a lot better than before when i wasn't doing the gym. I use mapmyfitness as an app to track my routine and also enjoy following friends and vice versa, kinda keeps me motivated. plus it gives me a visual

I'm 47 myself. Your diet, weight lifting and cardio all go hand-in-hand. Simply controlling portion size and rolling in some more veggies helped a lot for diet. I don't deny myself a burger or the like, if you can shrink your stomach and then avoid overeating that goes a really long way without having to give up favorite foods. Walking as much as you can in a day (for me it's walking stairs over elevators)pays off too. Weight lifting also really helps burn fat, especially first thing in the morning.

My suggestion for cardio is identify a race or competitive event you'd like to do, bike race, run, tough mudder etc. Then train for it and see how everything goes. Races like the mudder are great because you can't skimp on cardio or weights.

Welcome to getting old! I was heavier at 35 then 45 because it took me a while to realize I couldn't eat like I was 25 any more. But you can find overweight vegetarians, weight lifters, and runners. Find goals in all 3 areas, make sure it's activities you really want to try, so it's personal. Just doing something because you need to lose weight seldom works/lasts.

Edited by The Poojer

i've recently gotten serious about going to the gym and forcing myself even when i don't feel like going at 530AM. i've been going pretty regularly for about 6-9 months, 4-6 times a week, alternating days of weights and cardio. I am finally starting to notice changes, i am wearing shirts that i haven't been able to wear, i've gone down a couple/few weight sizes. My biggest problem is beer. I have conceded that as long as i go to the gym i can have a beer or more that day, figure a zero sum game is a lot better than before when i wasn't doing the gym. I use mapmyfitness as an app to track my routine and also enjoy following friends and vice versa, kinda keeps me motivated. plus it gives me a visual

Post a pic of your walking route and I guarantee there's at least five microbreweries along your "fitness trail".

:thumbsup:

Dude just do what I do, drink instead of eating. Works like a charm.

actually my planet fitness is a quarter mile walk to my beer store, if i go to the gym after work, i stop, if i go in the AM, i don't have the temptation

Post a pic of your walking route and I guarantee there's at least five microbreweries along your "fitness trail".

:thumbsup:

there have been days i have done that diet

Dude just do what I do, drink instead of eating. Works like a charm.

It is 9:00pm, past my general bed time and I am rather displeased because a lot if on my mind. I generally wake up in the morning to workout before work which means I am up at 4am. I stopped working out 6 months ago and cannot get back in to it and lost my 6pack and all. It's been tough. Anyway, so, I have been seeing a girl a while now. I will choose not to name her in case someone wants to play shenanigans. We are very similar, career driven and get along well. We have fun no matter what we do and while we are entirely different in culture we work. We met a month ago after your typical millennial dating methods - an app. It wasn't long until I brought her back to the farm to see how great it is, chicks always love to see the farm. She loves my chicks, too. Either way, we have plans for Saturday. She has never been to a NASCAR race and whilst I am not a NASCAR fan this small local track, Bowman Gray, is a cultural experience. Before we go I have agreed to make her dinner and I have no clue what to make. I am thinking something Greek because it seems like it'd be cool. Obviously, I want to use beef. I am generally a very good cook as when I want to I follow instructions very well.

So, my friends, I really need advice here. I am 35 and I am having a hard time here. I cannot lose weight like I used to. How much cardio should I do?

Cardio.... such a millenial thing.

You want your six pack back. Sit ups and plenty of them. Oh and stop drinking six packs.

Nice! It does take patience but the biggest thing is doing it your own way. Congrats! If the beer is really a problem the next step is to self negotiate and clearly define "a beer or more". I love dark chocolate and buy the ghirardelli 70% squares. Initially I would buy them randomly and eat them randomly, moved to buy them only when working out, but eat them randomly. Over about a year I self-negotiated it to where it's always on-hand and I get to eat 2 squares if I workout, none if I don't. Learned to savor that reward also, but every time I see them it's a reminder to work out and I don't touch till then.

none, be yourself. In another 35 years you will be 70. Enjoy life.

none, be yourself. In another 35 years you will be 70. Enjoy life.

you should know as good as anyone that I was just blowing smoke.

I should have waited to give this more thought.

This is a lampoon of the advice threads here almost in homage to Buffalo Joe.

Do stuffed shells. Keep Italian most women love Italian

you should know as good as anyone that I was just blowing smoke.

I should have waited to give this more thought.

This is a lampoon of the advice threads here almost in homage to Buffalo Joe.

Love your special abilities to be so real. Lol

Its a pretty complex situation and question.

That said, the best option is to chain her up in the basement. Ignore the workouts, but do the rest of what people have already suggested (Arbys, cigars, etc). Sit down each night with her in the dungeon and talk about your day while wearing a pig mask.

:lol:

Here's what I do. I'm probably the fittest guy I know. 31 years old, haven't been to the gym in a decade:

1. Breakfast of 3 coffees and 1.5 cigarettes at 5:15AM. Repeat as needed.

2. Skip lunch. Big waste of time, and you'd rather be working anyway. You know how the farm goes.

3. Huge dinner. Lots of organic vegetables, some whole grains, and fish. Farm eggs. Thick cut bacon and fried pastured chicken, coconut water. Just a caloric overload around 7:30. Bedtime before 10PM. Don't neglect the missus more than 3 nights out of the week.

Drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day. Stay on your feet moving the whole time. Stay sharp. If you're burning more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight. Just don't let yourself get beyond critical deficit. You can survive on less than 1000 calories a day, provided you don't do it more than a few times a month. Don't snack. Ever. Discipline is key.

How important would you say the 1.5 cigarettes is to this regimen?