That GM search was embarassing

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interviewing only 3 people? And ending up going with the guy who the head coach pretty much told the Owner to hire.

What kind of team structure is Pegula running here? is this a joke? What NFL team lets a rookie HC run the entire team?

Pegula is either going to strike gold here or plummet harder than when he hired Rex. If this doesn't work out he will go from beloved savior owner to on par with Dan Snyder as a complete fraud.

Once again the Bills prove they don't know how to conduct a proper search for a GM. Good luck the Brandon Beane b/c he sure as hell will need it.

tumblr_nh779xacqw1s0t6o2o1_500.gif?w=584

myself, I like the hire...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Who cares? They knew who they wanted and they got a young GM to go with a young coach.

People complain they don't do things and when they do they complain about it.

None of us know what happened or how it happened.

...ever wonder why......

1. This club has not yet been purchased by a TBD billionaire? There must be plenty who could deliver a winner in a nanosecond.

2., Not one of the 32 NFL clubs has ever hired a TBD pontificator whose expertise in all football matters is unsurpassed in this fertile football mecca to fill an exec position?

...something is drastically wrong here......has to be discrimination.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Interviewing only 3 people? And ending up going with the guy who the head coach pretty much told the Owner to hire.

What kind of team structure is Pegula running here? is this a joke? What NFL team lets a rookie HC run the entire team?

Pegula is either going to strike gold here or plummet harder than when he hired Rex. If this doesn't work out he will go from beloved savior owner to on par with Dan Snyder as a complete fraud.

Once again the Bills prove they don't know how to conduct a proper search for a GM. Good luck the Brandon Beane b/c he sure as hell will need it.

Actually they interviewed four people. How many would you have preferred? 10? 12? 25? From experience, when you are interviewing people for a job opening, you know when you have found the right person. Four candidates is plenty. They found the one they liked and hired him. Some people will complain no matter what this team does. How about we wait and see what Beane and McDermott can build together before we start crying about the process?

It was obvious from the start. Leroi said Beane was helping to run our draft behind the scenes. The search was done the minute they hired McDermott. We have 2 GMs and hopefully McDermott is a good scout because I haven't seen stellar drafting from the Panthers lately.

Brian Gutekunst from the Packers. Promoted to their director of player personnel last year and has been with them since 1998.

Show me he agreed to interview? Many won't because of the flat structure and we most likely, won't hear about who didn't want to interview.

And once again we realize the Bills would a much better team if only the owner let message board fans run the front office.

Dammit, Pegs! These people can complete full sentences! And even log in properly! Why aren't you putting them in charge of your GM search?!?!? :lol:

Sweet fancy Moses, you people are nuts.

Well, since you asked .... I'm pretty damn sure that we message board fans could have stumbled into a playoff team just by accident over the last 17 years ... after all, 12 of 32 teams make it every year. That's 37.5% of teams that make the playoffs in any given year! 3 out of every 8 teams. So an observer knowing absolutely nothing about the NFL but trained in probability and statistics would gather the following:

The odds of missing the playoffs every single year over the course of 17 years would be: (3/8) to the 17th power. That's 5.73 to the negative 8th power. That's ... impressive. We are literally in the zone of "any monkey throwing his sh!te at a draft board would build a winning team more often than the Bills have."

(Of course, from a probability perspective, this assumes that each year is independent of the year before, whereas in reality we know that it isn't; the suckitude accumulates, building on itself.)

... but seriously, I don't have any issue with handing control to McD and his minions. It's not like there's anything to lose here. This monkey's crap may just land randomly somewhere on that big board (rather than being scientifically designed to hit the worst possible personnel choices) and McD will see the playoff at some point over the next 4 years ...

Actually they interviewed four people. How many would you have preferred? 10? 12? 25? From experience, when you are interviewing people for a job opening, you know when you have found the right person. Four candidates is plenty. They found the one they liked and hired him. Some people will complain no matter what this team does. How about we wait and see what Beane and McDermott can build together before we start crying about the process?

....seriously?...not a chance.......(COUGH)........

Well, since you asked .... I'm pretty damn sure that we message board fans could have stumbled into a playoff team just by accident over the last 17 years ... after all, 12 of 32 teams make it every year.

So you're arguing that even bumbling fans could trip themselves into the playoffs over the past 17 years simply by the law of averages.

Which I interpret as meaning the Bills intentionally sabotaged every season to not make the playoffs.

Is that what you're saying?

I don't totally disagree.

What I do disagree with is this will NOT plummet farther than with Rex.

But, I am drinking the koolaid!

Edited by Manther