Most Exciting Last Minute of a Bills game ever?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much action took place in the last minute, but the craziest game I was ever at...

Bills vs. Raiders MNF 1974 Opener. Several 4th quarter lead changes, and the game ended with George Blanda missing a long FG attempt.

[edited]Game detail I just found...

Friday, September 20, 2002
Sept. 16, 1974 -- Oakland at Buffalo
ABC Sports Online

Ahmad Rashad's second touchdown in the final two minutes lifted the Bills past John Madden's Raiders. Rashad's first score came with 1:56 to go. Buffalo seemed to have the game clinched, but Jim Braxton fumbled the ball and Art Thoms ran in for a touchdown to give Oakland a 20-14 lead with 1:15 to go. Rashad then took a Joe Ferguson pass 33 yards to give the Bills the lead. Oakland had one final chance to win it, but George Blanda missed a 50-yard field goal on the final play.

Edited by LabattBlue

I love how Stone and Hapner just went silent for quite a bit at the end. They knew nothing needed to be said, and that was the best way for those watching at home to experience what was happening at Rich Stadium. Announcers these days would never do that -- they are too stuck on themselves and don't have that discipline.

Pretty crazy game. Most people left or were seen leaving before the last minute.

https://youtu.be/eX1SIzwx2CI

I remember that game very well. I loved the weekly 'Alcoa Fantasic Finishes' clip from that game. It still gives me chills. The two most exciting games I attended were the Kelly to Jamie Mueller TD to beat the Jets in Week 7 of the 1990 season at Rich Stadium and the Rian Lindell FG to beat the Redskins in Week 13 of the 2007 season at FedEx Field. That was the Sean Taylor tribute game and the one where Joe Gibbs illegally called back-to-back timeouts during the Bills' final game winning drive.

Here is the Fergy to Hooks game winning TD as called by the late, great Van Miller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJNNLuwNMw

Not sure how much action took place in the last minute, but the craziest game I was ever at...

Bills vs. Raiders MNF 1974 Opener. Several 4th quarter lead changes, and the game ended with George Blanda missing a long FG attempt.

[edited]Game detail I just found...

Friday, September 20, 2002

Sept. 16, 1974 -- Oakland at Buffalo

ABC Sports Online

Ahmad Rashad's second touchdown in the final two minutes lifted the Bills past John Madden's Raiders. Rashad's first score came with 1:56 to go. Buffalo seemed to have the game clinched, but Jim Braxton fumbled the ball and Art Thoms ran in for a touchdown to give Oakland a 20-14 lead with 1:15 to go. Rashad then took a Joe Ferguson pass 33 yards to give the Bills the lead. Oakland had one final chance to win it, but George Blanda missed a 50-yard field goal on the final play.

Absolutely was sitting in the corner of the end zone where Rashad made the catch

The week we beat the Patriots (for the first time in a decade?) after being down 18 , having just overcome an 18 pt deficit to the Raiders a week prior. Where Fred Jackson being called down at the like 2 was actually better than him having made his run all the way through for a score. The review marked him down and allowed us to run 3 to 4 plays and eat up the clock rather than give Brady 90 seconds to break our hearts. Nothing, NOTHING, was more satisfying than watching Belichek sit on the sidelines helpless, telling his players to basically let us score so Brady could get the ball back with more time.

Most excited last minute in a Bills game for the Titans had to be the music city debacle.

I was there, in a sky box, probably one of the few bills fans in the building. Thrill of victory, agony of defeat.