Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably makes the Bills an option again. I will try to get some info. The Bills offer was way low and Jacksonville is where he wanted to be. If he doesn't have offers maybe the Bills look better?

Boldin or Barnidge. Something has to give.

This probably makes the Bills an option again. I will try to get some info. The Bills offer was way low and Jacksonville is where he wanted to be. If he doesn't have offers maybe the Bills look better?

I'm guessing he's got two days to sign and show up. Once camp begins McDermott might slam the door shut and play the hand he's got.

I would think he must need to come down on his expectations money-wise if he thinks the Bills offer was too low. There was a guy from Spotrac on radio that said his market value is vet minimum. I'm sure he thinks he's worth more but NFL teams aren't going to overpay especially if he's not a need, but more of a depth guy like he'd be in Buffalo. They have no incentive to offer him more than market value if he has no other offers. Edited by YoloinOhio

No I'm saying if they really wanted Boldin/Barnidge they'd pony up.

So f the injuries hit(which they eventually will because it's football) the lack of depth will hurt where these two could be great depth additions.... Same thing with MG.

McDermott is valuing the cap over depth. That's fine if he's ok with a 6, 7, 8 win season. But it would be beneficial for McDermott to get off to a good start here and end the drought right away.

Yep......first impression is critical for McDermott, IMO.

Veteran team.........lot's of highly paid players at the ends of their careers on the Bills roster and despite what the media thinks they are expecting better than last year........because they blamed Rex for much of their failure.

Mike Gillislee, Arny Garbidge and Anquan Boldin wouldn't make me think SB but I'd feel a lot better about second place in the division and a potential wildcard(for the first time this century).

Yep......first impression is critical for McDermott, IMO.

Veteran team.........lot's of highly paid players at the ends of their careers on the Bills roster and despite what the media thinks they are expecting better than last year........because they blamed Rex for much of their failure.

Mike Gillislee, Arny Garbidge and Anquan Boldin wouldn't make me think SB but I'd feel a lot better about second place in the division and a potential wildcard(for the first time this century).

Thanks hero

Thanks hero

I just want McDermott to work out here.......seen too many of these never-won-anythings think they get a free pass in year one as Bills coach...........only to find out that their message falls on deaf ears once they don't prove to be better than the last guy.

They got it right by getting rid of Ryan. The offense returns basically intact, if not better. The defense will improve because of the change back to the 4-3. Next year they have two first round picks, lots of cap space, and can roll the $13 million from this year into that. This year is a feeling out year. Next year is when they really go for it.

Exactly my point.

They are essentially saying !@#$ it, we would rather go with what we have then use the 13 million in cap space available for some pretty solid depth players.

If the rash of injuries occur and the team goes 6-10 McDermott will be under fire going into year 2 with only himself to blame.

And I agree. My impression of McDermott and the moves made or lack there of isn't a good one.

Still trying to figure out the mantra that went around here in the offseason that the Bills "finally got it right with McDermott/Beane". Based on what exactly?

Not resigning their own players and then replacing them(or not even doing that in the case of MG)with worse, cheaper options in the draft?

These new guys are brilliant.

My opinion - Beane and McD want to build their own team. They let every decent FA leave. They kept Tyrod, at a discount, because they didn't want to make it that obvious and there's enough season ticket-buying Bills fans who really think he's still the answer. It's a thinly veiled tank and, frankly, I think it's about time.

I have faith in Beane and McD for the long term. And I think they're smart enough to look at this team, their division and their schedule to realize there's not a snowball's chance in hell at making the playoffs.

So why keep/bring guys in that will help us get to 7-8 wins again? That's dumb. The same stupidity we've been mired in for almost 20 years.

So I agree ... they are brilliant.

We should be rooting for two things. A crappy Chiefs season and an even crappier Bills one.

Time to rebuild the right way, at last.

My opinion - Beane and McD want to build their own team. They let every decent FA leave. They kept Tyrod, at a discount, because they didn't want to make it that obvious and there's enough season ticket-buying Bills fans who really think he's still the answer. It's a thinly veiled tank and, frankly, I think it's about time.

I have faith in Beane and McD for the long term. And I think they're smart enough to look at this team, their division and their schedule to realize there's not a snowball's chance in hell at making the playoffs.

So why keep/bring guys in that will help us get to 7-8 wins again? That's dumb. The same stupidity we've been mired in for almost 20 years.

So I agree ... they are brilliant.

We should be rooting for two things. A crappy Chiefs season and an even crappier Bills one.

Time to rebuild the right way, at last.

They will get to 7-8 wins with what they have. If they wanted to tank Tyrod, Shady would be out the door. They are not trying to tank. They are trying to win, but do it with an eye toward the future. I don't agree with them not signing Maclin or Boldin or Barnidge. However, rolling over 13 million next season won't be a bad look if they need to pay Sammy, Tyrod or whomever.

I'm all for hoping the Chiefs belly up. How you can root for the Bills to have a bad season is beyond me. Why would you even bother to watch?

No I'm saying if they really wanted Boldin/Barnidge they'd pony up.

So f the injuries hit(which they eventually will because it's football) the lack of depth will hurt where these two could be great depth additions.... Same thing with MG.

McDermott is valuing the cap over depth. That's fine if he's ok with a 6, 7, 8 win season. But it would be beneficial for McDermott to get off to a good start here and end the drought right away.

So, basically, if they really wanted them they'd overpay and give them whatever it took, value be damned?

Overpaying older free agent players is not a very good way to build a team IMO. Making smart/savvy vet signings is a much better strategy (which appears to be what they're trying to do IMO).

Yeah, we have a little bit of cap space, but we are a middle of the road team. We should not be maxed out against the cap.

It's likely a transition year anyway. There is zero reason to be right up against the cap. Plus cap space rolls over. I'm sure Beane and McDermott want the cap space to have some freedom to build the team they want.

I don't blame them for not going all in and maxing out their cap space in their very first year with the team.