Question about Russ and his dual team president role...

Some of us believe he has made football decisions in the past. That's another debate altogether. My point is that it certainly isn't happening anymore or ever will again. This makes Brandon quite secure in his job. He's the marketing guy now. He doesn't have a greater role anymore. That makes firing him pointless.

He is involved. Believe me!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire him for what, stupidity that happened a decade ago, or the the conspiracies that you whiners have invented since he moved on from being an unwilling GM?

The dude makes money for Mr. Pegula. That's what his job is. That's a job he is very good at. The fact that you're butthurt, and refuse to listen to anything other than idiotic conspiracies does not make him bad at his job.

Fire him for what, stupidity that happened a decade ago, or the the conspiracies that you whiners have invented since he moved on from being an unwilling GM?

The dude makes money for Mr. Pegula. That's what his job is. That's a job he is very good at. The fact that you're butthurt, and refuse to listen to anything other than idiotic conspiracies does not make him bad at his job.

Its so hard to make money in the most popular sport in America and in an area with one the most loyal fan bases.

Us conspiracy theorists were right at Whaley.

Can you give us some first hand proof? Maybe your dealer is Russ's dealer?

I don't need it. Just like I told you Whaley was not in control of the roster and would be fired.

Its so hard to make money in the most popular sport in America and in an area with one the most loyal fan bases.

You crybabies were right about Whaley how? Please, I want to hear your revisionist insight.

Can you give us some first hand proof? Maybe your dealer is Russ's dealer?

So... we can't just take some random internet nobody at his word anymore?

Yeah. People wrongly equate winning with success at running a major sports franchise. Sabres attendance this year? Right in the middle of the pack. And the Bills are very profitable; it would actually be hard not to make a lot of money with an NFL franchise, but it's not as if the bodies have stopped coming. Again, the Bills - a very small market team (unless you throw in Toronto, which you really shouldn't unless you have like a .20 factor or something) - fell right in the middle of the pack. So on the "do his teams win?" account, he's a miserable failure. On the "does he make his bosses money?" account, he's a double winner.

Is it his job to put a winner on the field though? I would put that under the job of the GM/Head Coach/Players. Thats like saying that the Head coach is responsible for making the owner money

Agreed. I was being facetious but really don't want to get into any kind of political discussion here. It was a joke, and not a slam at Canada but at him.

I know, just had to take the shot

Meaning no offense, but can you offer any information (source, your own role etc) to bolster the credibility of what you say? IOW why should we believe you?

It's on the internet. You can't put anything that's not true in the internet. Edited by The Wiz

I don't need it. Just like I told you Whaley was not in control of the roster and would be fired.

If it's so easy to make money in the NFL, why do teams even have marketing departments?

Meaning no offense, but can you offer any information (source, your own role etc) to bolster the credibility of what you say? IOW why should we believe you?

A family friend went to college with Russ and is still good friends. He told me a couple years ago, Russ still has a lot of pull on football decisions.

It's on the internet. You can't put anything that's not true in the internet.

The TV commercial even said so!

If it's so easy to make money in the NFL, why do teams even have marketing departments?

Because conspiracy!

What Pegula actually said about Brandon was:

"

Q: Terry, will Russ Brandon be involved in the search for a new GM?

Pegula: If we need to ask Russ questions, we're going to ask him. He's a member of the Bills' organization.

"

That's kind of a non-answer, but it certainly doesn't read as though Brandon will be intimately involved with the GM search.

Now is not the time for paying attention or reading comprehension. Now is the time for histrionics and hyper tizzy fits.

Thanks for the clarification. Still seems like a lot of responsibility for one person, but I guess without knowing what his day to day tasks are or how many hours he spends a week in each role, my question will remain unanswered.

Have you ever met a company President/CAO/CEO/Top guy?etc? They don't have to work much because they have everysingle person below them to do the work for them. They hang out and talk to the owners, make public appearances and speak to the public, the dirty work is done by others lower down the totem pole. If Terry wants to bring in a new policy, or staff member/position, he tells that to Russ, then Russ hands the task down to someone a rung lower to take care of. Thats how business works

What has happened to the quality of this board? Honestly, it has really regressed. People just starting threads left and right about nonsense. There are duplicate threads everywhere. It really is as low as I have ever seen it.

At least there are only 2 threads. Not Like the 15 mahomes threads from a month ago.

What has happened to the quality of this board? Honestly, it has really regressed. People just starting threads left and right about nonsense. There are duplicate threads everywhere. It really is as low as I have ever seen it.

I'd say it was about the time a certain other Bills board shut down.

He's involved insofar as that he's the Pegula's most trusted advisor, if they have a question they ask his opinion and trust him enough to generally follow it (Rex hiring)

Brandon and I believe Overdorf have been a part of this team as long as this streak of futility, I'm not saying that it's all their fault but they certainly are a part of the problem. Cut ties with both of them and we can collectively wash our hands of this near two decades worth of suckitude.

You liked the North Korea style of boards like BBMB. Not everyone drinks the Kool Aid on here. Just don't look then.

At least there are only 2 threads. Not Like the 15 mahomes threads from a month ago.

Ha ha, that's true. I wasn't sure if Mahomes or Chad Kelly would set the record. We also put in 100+ pages on Mike Gillislee

You liked the North Korea style of boards like BBMB. Not everyone drinks the Kool Aid on here. Just don't look then.

Naw, I just prefer to discuss with people that know what they are talking about. If the topic is being discussed elsewhere (on the 1st page) I don't see a need for a rival thread. That's not how things are done here.