Bills GM Candidates

wppete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned in another thread that they should put him in a behind the scenes talent evaluator/draft role like Scott Pioli in Atlanta. He can do what he does best, but behind the scenes due to his issues. Beane would be the GM who is the face of the FO.

Instrumental in drafting that filthy Seahawks roster.

Did an amazing job turning around a deadbeat franchise in Washington.

By all accounts the Skins termination was the result of Dan Snyder's asinine behavior.

Sign me the f**k up!

Was McCloughan responsible for DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon being in DC? No, he wasn't.

That being said

Kirk Cousins and his two 1000 yd WR's did the turning around. Well, that and a crappy NFCE in 2015.

I mentioned in another thread that they should put him in a behind the scenes talent evaluator/draft role like Scott Pioli in Atlanta. He can do what he does best, but behind the scenes due to his issues. Beane would be the GM who is the face of the FO.

I be fine with that role but not sure Beane is the best option as GM.

Hopefully the Bills got a good up and coming young HC and find a good up and coming young GM, then draft a good rookie QB so we can be good for 15-20 years and win 3-4 Super Bowls, spread out over that time every few seasons.

Is that too much to ask?!

Pegula also said collaboration between Doug and Sean before the draft. We now know that was bull.

It had to have been a collaboration because it takes a year to set up most teams draft boards. McDerm would not have been able to do it in 3 months.

It had to have been a collaboration because it takes a year to set up most teams draft boards. McDerm would not have been able to do it in 3 months.

Exactly, just because Whaley's fate was all but sealed, they still had to work together in some capacity.

McCloughan would be a huge get for the Bills; the only question is whether he wants the full GM job or would settle for a key scouting role. The guy is one of the best talent evaluators around; he got pushed out by an insecure Bruce Allen in DC, and the the Skins released his drinking issues publicly (which is schitty).

McCloughan would be a huge get for the Bills; the only question is whether he wants the full GM job or would settle for a key scouting role. The guy is one of the best talent evaluators around; he got pushed out by an insecure Bruce Allen in DC, and the the Skins released his drinking issues publicly (which is schitty).

if I am Pegs I pay him a ton and put him behind the scenes. Lend him support with the alcoholism/rehab, if open to it.

if I am Pegs I pay him a ton and put him behind the scenes. Lend him support with the alcoholism/rehab, if open to it.

He's noted for saying he's a functional alcoholic, and if he just sticks to beer he can control it.

Instrumental in drafting that filthy Seahawks roster.

Did an amazing job turning around a deadbeat franchise in Washington.

By all accounts the Skins termination was the result of Dan Snyder's asinine behavior.

Sign me the f**k up!

Sign me up too. He would be an asset, just hope he can coexist peacefully with McForehead.

Well he went to college right down the road at Wichita State so I'm sold.

In all seriousness though, he seems to have a pretty good scouting record. Make him head of college scouting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/larrybrownsports.com/football/scot-mccloughan-candidate-replace-doug-whaley/366380/amp

McCloughan was fired by Washington earlier this offseason amid rumors that he was struggling with alcohol relapses. However, one of McCloughans former players said a few weeks back that alcohol is no longer an issue.