Bills GM Candidates

wppete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@charlesrobinson

Name of #Chiefs Brett Veach is really starting to circulate in personnel circles around the #Bills GM job.

@nfldraftscout

If it doesn't happen this year, it'll happen very soon. Veach is a future GM.

I still think it's Beane and a done deal. Veach is the other possibility.

I still think it's Beane and a done deal. Veach is the other possibility.

This could be similar to Marrone's Jets situation. If Bills think there may be tampering charges by Carolina, they may back away.

This could be similar to Marrone's Jets situation. If Bills think there may be tampering charges by Carolina, they may back away.

McD and Beane could go to the league and just say, "Do you really believe we could be that dumb?"

Then again, the league might say, "WE are! All the time!" And bust them.

McD and Beane could go to the league and just say, "Do you really believe we could be that dumb?"

Time for McD to destroy his phone like Brady did.

I may be extremely naive (probably the case), but it's hard to believe that

A.) Beane would be dumb/disloyal enough to divulge Panthers draft information

B.) McDermott, with all his talk about character and integrity, would call Beane up and say "Hey man, would you mind screwing over your current employer and breaking league rules in order to give me the upper hand in this draft?"

The whole thing seems far-fetched. If anything, I think McDermott just intimately knew the Panthers' team needs due to having been a member of their organization during scouting season and being a detail-oriented person.

B.) McDermott, with all his talk about character and integrity, would call Beane up and say "Hey man, would you mind screwing over your current employer and breaking league rules in order to give me the upper hand in this draft?"

The whole thing seems far-fetched. If anything, I think McDermott just intimately knew the Panthers' team needs due to having been a member of their organization during scouting season and being a detail-oriented person.

....careers would be over....and hefty salary sums forfeited...make any sense?

Very likely true, but the optics are bad especially since Bills jumped ahead of Panthers twice..

That's what I think, too. But then again, I see people I think can;t be that dumb doing that dumb things all the time.

Very likely true, but the optics are bad especially since Bills jumped ahead of Panthers twice..

Fair enough. But in the case of first jump up, the Bills were leaping SEVERAL teams who could reasonably be expected to take WRs. It wasn't as if they jumped just one spot in front of the Panthers. They could also explain it by saying that their WR coach, Zay's college coach, convinced them not to miss out on him.

More importantly, though, this seems like a really difficult thing to prove. It also doesn't seem like the Panthers have any desire to push the issue, with the Panthers GM brushing off the question and Rivera openly joking about giving McD a hard time for it.

If it's one thing I am sure of the names public don't include the whole list. I think it won't be limited to candidates McDerm will know. Everyone was sure that Lynn was the next coach of the Bills because he had the inside track and Whaley wanted him and he ended up in a different city. Sometimes the media doesn't have the whole story.

If Beane gets hired it solidifies the entire mole in Carolinas War Room reporting going on

The whole mole thing is just stupid. You think a guy is going to jeopardize his current job just to help out a friend and possibly get another job? McD was in Carolina all year, he's not stupid or deaf, he knew who they liked.