GM Doug Whaley has been fired

In the press conference I saw, McDermott said Whaley and his staff did a great job. The possibility that maybe is not being talked about enough is maybe Whaley requested to be released from his contract. There are a few jobs including the Redskins job that he could/should be a candidate for. He accomplished a lot here like bringing players to the Bills who would have never even considered coming here in the past. He immediately becomes the best young GM on the market and his stock may never be higher. This is not an ideal job not sure why any top GM candidate would be super excited to walk into this mess. Local media is pretty much the worst the Pegulas are starting to look clueless and to be honest Doug has set the bar pretty high with personnel. Just imagine if Ragland starts next year and Lawson becomes a 7-10 sack guy? Not to mention Sammy is in a contract year and most likely will have his best year as a Bill if he plays a full season. How many GMs can say that they found two bargain bin free agents that became pro bowlers the same season? I hope he sticks around but if I was him I'm pretty sure I'm ready to get out at the top of my game and get a fresh start.

You will hear the parting was amicable. Whaley did indeed request to void his contract. That is why he continued on following through with this draft. His reputation remains at stake for other jobs. The scouting staff has been telling anyone that would listen that they were leaving. There's a big disconnect of philosophy between DW and the new coach.

Whaley would have drafted anyone other then a white pocket passing QB.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawkins, Jones and Vallejo were all on Carolina's official visits list. Per the Carolina forum. The dots are easy to connect.

Edit: and none of them were on our official visits list

Just because he had knowledge of players Carolina was interested in because he worked there recently doesn't mean there was anything nefarious going on. If the Bills wanted a player and he happens to know from his time in the Carolina organization that they like that player too, he's not supposed to take that information into consideration? That's ridiculous.

Shirley you can't be serious. Left Rex out to dry? He was a complete and utter train wreck the whole time he was here. At what point to you think Rex was going to suddenly get a grip on things?

I am not arguing if Rex deserved to be fired, but for the Pegula's to leave their Coach hanging in the wind for 3 weeks without saying anything showed a little bit.

So far it doesn't seem like much fun to work in a Pegula organization.

It would be so absurd if McDermott and personnel people in Carolina pulled any shennanigans wrt Carolina draft info.

It could lead to suspensions to those involved......obviously to lost draft picks the Bills can't afford.......and maybe "The Man-O-Faith" getting fired. :doh:

I see the dots........noticed them pretty quick.......but I'm not sure I can believe they'd be that dumb.

Maybe the Bills could just give Carolina Jones and Dawkins and call it even? :lol:

They couldn't be that dumb, could they?

Not to mention that a lot of guys seem to get surprised their girlfriend or wife is caught cheating on them after the first time they slept with her she was cheating on her bf or husband.

i see it an unpossible to prove.

i see it as not that strange of an incident as a ton of information gets leaked out before hand as well as pictures of draft boards, etc.

if we get a first round pick taken from us i'll only be upset that it is the dirt bag carolina panthers.

Where are those so called leaks?

It would be so absurd if McDermott and personnel people in Carolina pulled any shennanigans wrt Carolina draft info.

It could lead to suspensions to those involved......obviously to lost draft picks the Bills can't afford.......and maybe "The Man-O-Faith" getting fired. :doh:

I see the dots........noticed them pretty quick.......but I'm not sure I can believe they'd be that dumb.

Maybe the Bills could just give Carolina Jones and Dawkins and call it even? :lol:

Carolina can't prove anything in any case, McDermott was there until January and I doubt their board has changed too much in that time. He would have been familiar with their scouting.

I hope this is true; Whaley should've been fired after the 2014 season. I look forward to the day when he's gone & we can all admit that he did more harm than good.

You hope we manipulated the draft using info from another team, who's GM we may be about to hire? You hope THAT is true? That's the conversation right now. Whaley I hope to keep in some capacity (and we can just disagree there). But I like this draft, whoever created it. But not if it costs draft picks. And I don't like Cheaters*.

Just because he had knowledge of players Carolina was interested in because he worked there recently doesn't mean there was anything nefarious going on. If the Bills wanted a player and he happens to know from his time in the Carolina organization that they like that player too, he's not supposed to take that information into consideration? That's ridiculous.

some people are just plain stupid. Players who visit teams are open secret. Players who are going to be drafted are PUBLIC. Everyone watch the same films, same games. This is beyond stupid.

I swear people love conspiracy stories.

They couldn't be that dumb, could they?

Not to mention that a lot of guys seem to get surprised their girlfriend or wife is caught cheating on them after the first time they slept with her she was cheating on her bf or husband.

:lol:

Perhaps I overstate the degree of disbelief I would have. :flirt:

Don't want to be accused of predicting anything, ya' know.

I'm not trying to say there's necessarily anything nefarious going on, what you say is true. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept in contact with some of the scouts there and maybe some of them will be hired by the Bills next week.

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL 1h1 hour ago

More

Im told Sean McDerrmott making all the moves in Buffalo....he is running this draft.

MaddcharileVerifiedaccount @maddcharlieNFL

im told my Grandmother is making all the moves in Buffalo ..... shes running this draft

so what who is the source?

Was hoping for better with Pegula but we are apparently destined to be a second rate organization. Check back in a few years and compare DW's moves to those of his successor and I have a feeling even his haters will concede he did as well as anyone could under the same circumstances (and, if you saddle him with being responsible for EJ during Buddy's draft, you gotta give him credit with the picks this year and that includes whatever the extra first rounder we got in 2018 nets us).

LOOOOOOLLLLL you couldn't be more wrong , Pegs is finally figuring out what it takes to run a franchise and is finally cleaning house.

You hope we manipulated the draft using info from another team, who's GM we may be about to hire? You hope THAT is true? That's the conversation right now. Whaley I hope to keep in some capacity (and we can just disagree there). But I like this draft, whoever created it. But not if it costs draft picks. And I don't like Cheaters*.

No. I hope Whaley is being fired tomorrow.

There was no need for cheating; McDermott knew who the Panthers were looking at. He probably just trusted their scouting more than Whaley's, which was smart.

People whip their hate up until they are foaming at the mouth, imagining and exaggerating all kinds of unforgivable sins.

Entering his fifth year with ongoing dysfunction in the FO and no playoff berth. he has been part of the organization since 2010 Time for a change.