GM Doug Whaley has been fired

It's bad enough the Bills get it non-stop from local media now we can expect the national media to give it to us too (if this is true). There will be A and B draft grades across the board all while discussing constantly how far the Pegulas are in over their heads. No one has had more turnover in the last 5 years except maybe the Browns. My bet if anything changes though is that Doug quit. If so good for him. That press conference that went so bad, it was clearly because he was sent there and told what not to say by the Pegulas but not what to say. If Pegula wasn't such a kitty cat he would have went himself like any respectable owner would have. Rex didnt report to Whaley he reported to Terry. They sent Whaley and Lynn before Pegula even had the heart to show his face. The more I think about it the more I realize that Doug has nothing to gain and everything to lose by staying here.

Edited by Madd Charlie

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible Whaley stays in any capacity just for pro personnel e v a l? Someone in the building has done a pretty good job on that side.

Maybe McD's boy from Carolina takes over the college scouting/draft side and Whaley takes a "restructuring" of his duties to focus on the pro side?

Is it possible Whaley stays in any capacity just for pro personnel e v a l? Someone in the building has done a pretty good job on that side.

Maybe McD's boy from Carolina takes over the college scouting/draft side and Whaley takes a "restructuring" of his duties to focus on the pro side?

Maybe he can help Russ fix the Sabres.

It's bad enough the Bills get it non-stop from local media now we can expect the national media to give it to us too (if this is true). There will be A and B draft grades across the board all while discussing constantly how far the Pegulas are in over their heads. No one has had more turnover in the last 5 years except maybe the Browns. My bet if anything changes though is that Doug quit. If so good for him. That press conference that went so bad, it was clearly because he was sent there and told what not to say by the Pegulas but not what to say. If Pegula wasn't such a kitty cat he would have went himself like any respectable owner would have. They sent Whaley and Lynn before Pegula even had the heart to show his face. The more I think about it the more I realize that Doug has nothing to gain and everything to lose by staying here.

Whaley is not a good GM. Bad drafter and cap manager. good in FA, but that is not enough. Can't get along with HC and pushed EJ on two coaching staffs.

I know that your opinion on this matter is wrong.

Whether you believe me or not is immaterial.

Ok thats why Whaley isnt speaking, Mcdermott does all the talking, and they have hired a new or rep and image consultant but Im weong. If Im wrong why isnt Whaley still speaking?

Whaley being fired is worst kept secret ever.

Considering McD spent most of draft press conferences having to correct himself when he used "I" with "we"

All the scouts did was provide info for McD so he could make the call. All the channels were praising McD without mentioning Whaley.

Even I could look like a legitimate source right now by reporting that Whaley will be fired.

Whaley is not a good GM. Bad drafter and cap manager. good in FA, but that is not enough. Can't get along with HC and pushed EJ on two coaching staffs.

Every single thing you said is speculation and your personal opinion. He doesn't to the contracts. I have no idea if he can get along with the coaches or not but I do know when the owner hires coaches you don't want (Rex) or they allow the marketing guy to pick the coach (Marrone) it cant be good for the dynamic. Ej barely played and even when he did he wasn't supposed to be out there so if he was pushing him so hard clearly he didn't do a very good job. If he gets fired, he gets fired im not crying for a guy who has a job I would love to have and made more money than I do. All im saying is Whaley being gone is the easy part everything else that comes after that is the hard part.

Edited by Madd Charlie

Done in -why-because he was infatuated with EJ?

infatuated or didn't give up on him in year 1? He did sign TT to pretty much be the starter didn't he? He actually had some decent games as a rookie, didn't make sense to give up on him right away. Ridiculous criticism.

Every single thing you said is speculation and your personal opinion. He doesn't to the contracts. I have no idea if he can get along with the coaches or not but I do know when the owner hires coaches you don't want Rex or they allow the marketing guy to pick the coach (Marrone) it cant be good for the dynamic. Ej barely played and even when he did he wasn't supposed to be out there so if he was pushing him so hard clearly he didn't do a very good job.

Results of Whaley and EJ speak for themselves.