RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First bad pick of the draft. This guy will never be more than a TJ Yates...and we already got one of those. Wasted pick, especially when we could've gotten a DB, WR, or DL

Per McShay ... "most pro ready QB in the draft" given the system at Pitt ... I saw the game he played against Clemson ... 5 TDs 0 Ints in their house ... their only loss of the year ... in round 6 take it ... at least we didn't blow future draft picks like some on a weak class.

His strengths read like Tyrod's weaknesses:

STRENGTHS

Smooth, quick set-up in pocket. Grips the ball with big, 10-inch hands. Poised in pocket and takes the hit to deliver a completion. Will set-up, slide and then re-set before making his throw. Can cut it loose from off-balance angles from bootleg or play-action if he sees a winning option break open early. Full field reader. Works all the way through his progressions. Shoots glances at safeties to keep them in check. Strong natural accuracy. Able to throw receivers open and lead them away from danger. Can pinpoint passes to moving targets in his intermediate work. Has enough arm to work field side, intermediate throws. Great vision. Sees passing windows before they develop. Throws with outstanding timing and anticipation. Can put the ball on receivers' hands as soon as they come out of a break if coverage dictates it. Utilizes accuracy and anticipation to challenge windows on all three levels. Won at Clemson hanging five touchdown passes on their talented stop unit. Good escapability and can extend drives with his legs. Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.

Sounds like some of the most important traits you look for in a QB IMO.

I read a similar scouting report earlier this offseason and wanted Peterman in the late rounds ever since.

Excited to se if this kid can develop into anything. Not holding my breath, but excited none the less.

Also, if these are the types of traits the Bills will put emphasis on in the future (under McDermott/Dennison) I am thrilled.

Edited by BillsFan4

You're the bum. I watched this guy come down here to Clemson and beat the national champs this year in death valley. The guy can play.

Clemson almost lost to NC State the week before. Peterman played efficiently but beating a good team doesn't make a player. If he is a reliable backup, that's good.

First pick I really didn't like. Hate guys like this. Total teases. You can't play in this league with a rag arm.

The only upside is that backup QB is an important position in the NFL. And he could be a guy that can be a reliable backup to play a half or a game or two. But ragarms cannot play in the NFL. He does fit Dennison's system better than Cardale.

He has a stronger arm than Watson, the 12th pick and is more accurate. He outplayed Watson this year when Pitt beat Clemson.

You've never seen the kid take a snap. STFU.

Mayock said the guy is a top 5 pick if he had a clean record.

Let's all rejoice for Nate !@#$ing Peterman. The same guy who couldn't cut it in the SEC and transferred to ****ty PITT.

What about Joe Flacco who couldn't cut it at ***tty PITT and had to go to Delaware?

Very accurate QB. Reminds me of a young Chad Pennington, before the shoulder surgeries. Pennington never had a cannon, but his arm was good enough. That's Peterman. As accurate as they come with just enough arm strength.

Don't know about the comparison but if he ends up like a young Pennington I would take that all day.

I like it a lot and I thought he was someone they might have considered in R3 had they kept that pick. This potentially fills a need for a backup QB, but also gives them another option at the position heading into the next offseason should they decide to dump Tyrod.

....yup....who in their right mind would ever doubt the "Debutantes Bawls of Experts" here?....the NN (Negative Nellie) Gang is crafting their responses now to this disastrous and wasteful FIFTH ROUND pick.... take cover...........