RD 2, Pick 63: Dion Dawkins (OT) - TEM

SDS

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you provide some of those sources

Christian D'Andrea (Superbowl Nation), Fanrags (Kyle Crabbs), Draft Profile NFL.com (overcommits, opens door to looping rushers), underdog dynasty.com (says he grabs, negating his long reach and allowing the defender to maneouvre around him)...Somehow I think you can probably check this stuff out for yourself if you are so inclined. And why would many project him inside (and yes I know about CG) at the next level. Sure he is probably capable of playing right tackle, but dont you think in that case maybe best suited to a power run blocking scheme?

Not saying he cant improve his pass pro, hes a good athlete and all of these guys are wip, but right now I dont think there is much doubt that his forte is run blocking.

Edited by starrymessenger

I like this pick.

I also like that this is the first sign that we don't mind doing some homework and picking a player that may have had some "character issues." For those that don't know, Dion had an incident at a night club in 2015. Those things happen when you're a young guy.

I was worried that we needed our prospects to be perfect off the field. Glad to know that some sort of incident doesn't stop us from considerig a player.

I like this pick.

I also like that this is the first sign that we don't mind doing some homework and picking a player that may have had some "character issues." For those that don't know, Dion had an incident at a night club in 2015. Those things happen when you're a young guy.

I was worried that we needed our prospects to be perfect off the field. Glad to know that some sort of incident doesn't stop us from considerig a player.

yes - I'm sure it depends what it is and whether there is a pattern.

Yes, I can believe he can be effective against the bull rush, but they do say, as others do, that he is susceptible to good edge rushers. He would get more of that on the left side but he would see it on the right as well, especially if he has difficulty adjusting to nfl edge rushers. I think thats probably why some see him as interior O-line, as did the coaches at the senior bowl. Edited by starrymessenger

5th round picks. Big deal. Got your starting RT

This

Are people really tripping over giving up a couple of 5th round picks that rarely if ever make the team over moving up into the top 65 and finding your starting RT hopefully for the next 10 years?

Edited by dezertbill

Christian D'Andrea (Superbowl Nation), Fanrags (Kyle Crabbs), Draft Profile NFL.com (overcommits, opens door to looping rushers), underdog dynasty.com (says he grabs, negating his long reach and allowing the defender to maneouvre around him)...Somehow I think you can probably check this stuff out for yourself if you are so inclined. And why would many project him inside (and yes I know about CG) at the next level. Sure he is probably capable of playing right tackle, but dont you think in that case maybe best suited to a power run blocking scheme?

Not saying he cant improve his pass pro, hes a good athlete and all of these guys are wip, but right now I dont think there is much doubt that his forte is run blocking.

Thank you

This

Are people really tripping over giving up a couple of 5th round picks that rarely if ever make the team over moving up into the top 65 and finding your starting RT hopefully for the next 10 years?

It's almost time to break out that list of recent Bills' fifth round picks. :lol:

Most solids are.

3 good picks and a 1st for next year. No complaints here. If you need more 'flash' in your draft picks, go root for the Cowboys.

Oh, hate having to break that plunger out!

I'm very happy so far. This is close to ideal for me. They must love Zay to move up like that, but they know the guy. I hope it's rational and objective.

I don't think either has any value atm. Is Kujo even out of ECMC yet? Henderson still has 5 games left on his suspension.

OT was a giant need.

Didn't know Henderson had suspension time left. Seems like he served a lot of time last yr. A couple of yrs ago the Viikings wanted to trade for Henderson but it was only like a 6th rounder.

yeah, its hard to imagine that picks 1-7 would be worth more than 2 1sts and 2 2nds.

Didn't know Henderson had suspension time left. Seems like he served a lot of time last yr. A couple of yrs ago the Viikings wanted to trade for Henderson but it was only like a 6th rounder.

don't think anybody will give anything for someone last seen walking around half naked.