RD 2, Pick 37: Zay Jones (WR) - ECU

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually most impressed with his 'brain work'. His interviews have been nothing short of astonishingly poised for a Guy of his young age and experience. I can't imagine how few interviews he would've given in college but he sure seems really comfortable when facing a face full of microphones. Here's hoping he plays even half as well as he answers questions!

I'm actually most impressed with his 'brain work'. His interviews have been nothing short of astonishingly poised for a Guy of his young age and experience. I can't imagine how few interviews he would've given in college but he sure seems really comfortable when facing a face full of microphones. Here's hoping he plays even half as well as he answers questions!

I like kids like him coming to Buffalo Bills.

Wishing him success and that Bills become better with him over the next 4 years or so :thumbsup:

Quite the breat of fresh air. Almost like im dreaming compared to rookie interviews of yester year.

Assuming no WR2 brought in and a somewhat healthy Watkins, where will he end up on the stat sheet?

My guess is somewhere around 60 catches for 700 yards and 5 TDs.

that is a pretty good guess. rookie WR's don't usually put up big numbers so i would probably assume about the same. maybe 800-900 if he has a big year

that is a pretty good guess. rookie WR's don't usually put up big numbers so i would probably assume about the same. maybe 800-900 if he has a big year

Looked after making the post at his college stats, and my guess is pretty on par with his freshman production, which would make sense as this is again his first year playing up at the next level. I'd take it.

I like that they're pushing the rookies. McDermott talked about how they're moving Zay inside and outside and he's doing a good job with it. I wonder if part of it is having a former coach here in Buffalo who knows Zay and encouraged McDermott to push him.

Obviously it's very early so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but all three of the rookies sound like they're fitting in right away. I've read good things about Shaq as well.

I like that they're pushing the rookies. McDermott talked about how they're moving Zay inside and outside and he's doing a good job with it. I wonder if part of it is having a former coach here in Buffalo who knows Zay and encouraged McDermott to push him.

Obviously it's very early so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but all three of the rookies sound like they're fitting in right away. I've read good things about Shaq as well.

I also like that they seem to be matching him up against Tre' White a LOT. Let them grow together.

Assuming no WR2 brought in and a somewhat healthy Watkins, where will he end up on the stat sheet?

My guess is somewhere around 60 catches for 700 yards and 5 TDs.

If he's WR2 I suspect it'll be around:

100 Targets, 75 Catches, 800 yards, 4-6 TDs

If he can do that, he'll replace Woods. Let's hope.

The McKelvin Curse has been lifted

@BuffRumblings

Will #Bills WR Zay Jones win Offensive Rookie of the Year?

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/6/19/15832354/2017-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-zay-jones-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

With the majority of the AP Rookie of the Year awards going to running backs, it seems unlikely that the second receiving option in a run-first offense would be able to put up the numbers necessary to win such an award, but there are some circumstances under which Jones may see more targets than we think.

For starters, the team is more likely to rely on short timing routes in new offensive coordinator Rick Dennison’s West Coast scheme. Jones excelled in running these kinds of patterns in college. During rookie minicamp, reporters took note of his route running ability and exceptional hands.