RD 2, Pick 37: Zay Jones (WR) - ECU

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on everything I'm hearing and seeing about this kid, I'm thinking he might have a shot to be a #1 receiver

I have nothing to offer in forms of "proof", but I still think Holmes and Zay are the boundary WRs with Sammy in the slot, to get him into space and do screens, YAC type of routes...much like he did at Clemson.

I have nothing to offer in forms of "proof", but I still think Holmes and Zay are the boundary WRs with Sammy in the slot, to get him into space and do screens, YAC type of routes...much like he did at Clemson.

i could see that happening...i would like to see us go back to "bunch" formations with those 3 so that the defense has no idea who will be getting the ball...that formation always seems so hard to defend.

At best.... There's a good chance Jones won't even be a starter.

With our roster of WRs, I don't think that's likely, excepting injury of course. He'll probably start, particularly if they have 3 WRs on the field.

A "good" chance? Doubt you'll find many who agree with that statement. I'd say his chances of starting are better than 50/50.

He WOOD have been a great #3 and at 8m a year he has a lot to prove.

Remember when Peerless Price left for $$$$$ Greener Pastures?

Oh believe me, I'm not advocating signing Woods for that kind of money. I am however, saying that the guy deserves a little more love for that we brought to the table here.

I smell a bet

I see Andre Holmes as the #2 WR this year. Zay Jones will be the #3 this year.

I am now 99 percent sure Zay is the number 2.....before you posted that I was only at about 80 percent

Based on?

narrow shoulder's according to 34

Man, JW loves to position himself to get a little face time. Can't blame him, that handsome devil.

I think you guys are nuts. Zay will be day one #2, he's very polished

Hey, don't lump the rest of us in with #34fan on this - that opinion expressed is his own!

Zay could very well be the #2 when the season starts, IMO.