RD 2, Pick 37: Zay Jones (WR) - ECU

During one of McD's pressers after he was hired but before the Draft, someone asked him about the #2 WR and getting one in the Draft. If I recall correctly he stated the #2 WR was already on the roster, but that was after they signed Andre Holmes. Holmes and Z. Jones seem to fit his interest in outside / boundary type WRs, and assuming that's accurate information and insight, I think the Offense will be putting Sammy in the slot and putting him in motion quite a bit to get him into space like he was used in the Clemson Offense on bubble screens, etc. and try to utilize his YAC talent. JMO....

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During one of McD's pressers after he was hired but before the Draft, someone asked him about the #2 WR and getting one in the Draft. If I recall correctly he stated the #2 WR was already on the roster, but that was after they signed Andre Holmes. Holmes and Z. Jones seem to fit his interest in outside / boundary type WRs, and assuming that's accurate information and insight, I think the Offense will be putting Sammy in the slot and putting him in motion quite a bit to get him into space like he was used in the Clemson Offense on bubble screens, etc. and try to utilize his YAC talent. JMO....

If so, no wonder they want to wait to see whether he makes it through the season... :D

Listening to Zay speak for first time (I missed his press conference) right now on WGR... very impressed

Can't help but make the far out comparison to Steph Curry, bonafide pro pedigree ends up at a small school after big D-I schools ignore him, he then lights up the field in the small school and the rest is history.

We can only hope.

That is really cool!

I thought so too. Was pretty pumped when he told me that. And he very much knows my son is a die hard Bills fan. More than half his wardrobe is Bills gear...lol... I'm hoping to get to meet Zay. That would be cool too.

My son is friends with him. They shared all their business classes at ECU and were always put together for group projects. He says he's a great guy and very focused on football. Not so much on his business classes... :lol:

I had a friend at UB who was in a Spanish class with Khalil Mack. At one point in the semester he turned to my friend before the professor showed up and said "so what's going on in this class right now." I don't think these athletes give a crap about class and why should they?

I had a friend at UB who was in a Spanish class with Khalil Mack. At one point in the semester he turned to my friend before the professor showed up and said "so what's going on in this class right now." I don't think these athletes give a crap about class and why should they?

That's what I told my son. He's a student-ATHLETE. But he's still a bright kid and I was impressed he was even getting a business degree and not something he could skate through a little easier.

Flame away, but I'm not so sure this kid can start... I think Zay is more raw than folks suspect... I like him... But I'm not singing his praises until I see what he is in TC...

Nothing wrong with needing to see it first....and he is gonna have to fight through a lot of veteran wr's we brought in for reps

trial by fire

Because their careers aren't forever, and getting an education is vastly more important. Especially considering a majority of them are there on a full ride.

You hear all these stories about players going broke once they are out of the league.

Wonder why....