Your Favorite Targets @ 44 Tomorrow ?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd have a look at the possible way the 11 picks before us fall tonight to try and get a better sense of what is there:

33 - Packers - Can see Forrest Lamp in play given they let JC Tretter go, Quincy Wilson makes a lot of sense at corner and Tim Williams as an outside pass rusher where they have a desperate need would not surprise me either. Rumours they also like Deshone Kizer.

34 - Seattle - I think this will be an offensive lineman. Lamp if not off the board at #33 is in play and Cam Robinson is very likely in my opinion. Shock pick might be a safety where both Chancellor and Thomas have missed games the last two years and the depth behind is paper thin - Budda Baker could be an option and Obi Melifonwu is possible. Dalvin Cook?

35 - Jaguars - Again Forrest Lamp makes sense as would Dion Dawkins if Lamp is gone but they also have a need at inside linebacker. Zach Cunningham is then obvious choice at that spot but I suspect Raekwon McMillan goes in the first half of the 2nd round as well.

36 - Chicago Bears - Defense for the Bears you would think - Malik McDowell must be a consideration here, otherwise it is the likes of Wilson, Baker, Teez Tabor, Melifonwu as upgrades to the secondary.

37 - LA Rams - Wideouts come into play - possibly Zay Jones who gives them more height at the position or someone like Chris Godwin or JuJu Schuster. Offensive line is also an option here but I expect Lamp and Robinson to be gone by this stage so the next tier of names is Dawkins and Ethan Pocic.

38 - LA Chargers - Secondary.... so Wilson, Baker, Tabor, Melifonwu, maybe Chidobe Awuzi.... McDowell to play opposite Joey Bosa would be a frightening proposition for opponents as well.

39 - New York Jets - Linebacker is a desperate need so Cunningham and McMillan are possible options, wide receiver could be in play - Zay Jones, Godwin and Schuster would all add something. Ethan Pocic might be seen as a Nick Mangold replacement or what about Dalvin Cook?

40 - Carolina Panthers - Will probably have missed the offensive tackle upgrades unless they want to reach down for an Anthony Garcia or a Roderick Johnson. They could go with another corner Awuzi, Tabor, maybe Fabien Moreau (thinking Wilson would be gone) or they could stand to add a young defensive end to rush the passer - Carl Lawson maybe?

41 - Cincinnati Bengals - I thought they might go Jonathan Allen or Reuben Foster in round 1 so the likes of McDowell, Caleb Brantley, Chris Wormley or the likes of Cunningham and McMillan are options. Jeremy Hill's career has faltered as well so maybe they consider Dalvin Cook?

42 - New Orleans Saints - I think Kizer might be considered here if he is still on the board. Receiver is another obvious spot.... Curtis Samuel's speed and versatility would be a nice fit in that offense. Defensively if either Baker or Melifonwu are still there they would be considered, as might Carl Lawson or Jordan Willis on the defensive line.

43 - Philadelphia Eagles - Desperate need at corner. I'd be amazed if they didn't look to take one here. Tabor, Moreau, Awuzi, Cordrea Tankersley, Kevin King.... whoever is the highest on their board.

My conclusion from all that is that whilst currently there is help at some of the Bills "need" positions - safety, offensive tackle, linebacker and receiver.... the first three of those positions are likely to have been plundered by the time we go on the clock at 44. Which might mean a McDowell, Brantley or Williams is sticking out at the top of our board by the time we go on the clock. In that scenario hard to turn away from BPA.

Round 2, pick 44: JuJu Smith-Schuster, wide receiver, USC

After 17 years the Bills could use some good JuJu.

More seriously, we have focused defense on a lot of our recent picks, so best available OT or WR is my choice.

I realize his character concerns may take him out of the equation, but no one else would be ok with Dalvin Cook at 44? We clearly are going to be a run first offense, he gives us two potentially great backs, a strong compliment to Shady and an eventual long term replacement. What's more Bills than taking a DB and RB with our first two picks?

Totally forgot about Derek Rivers. They had him in for a private visit, so he's a definite possibility.

So you're ok with the wide receivers we have, apart from Watkins?

I'm ok getting some bodies later. We were top 10 O without much talent there and 19th D. We'll be run focused so no need to spend our top picks on WR this year.

Btw love your handle

Edited by voodoo poonani