RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

I don't know about that. Most were looking at second tier CBs knowing the size of the hole there.

I think most of us agree he's a good player... just a matter of team building philosophy debated here

People cant have it both ways. You can't argue CBs aren't important enough to draft in the first, and then also say they should have paid 14 million to a CB.

The bills aren't building the team through the secondary, hence them paying money to the front seven and letting the secondary walk lol

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to lie, I hate this pick. Not because we recycled for Gilmore (that happens all the time) but because I think we could have landed him in round 2 and we could have taken the best OL in Lamp or Robinson, I don't think White was a 1st round talent but I don't do this for a living, not bummed about it since we needed a CB but this is a deep draft for corner.

The "Best" OL isn't really that good this draft.

I liked the trade and the pick makes sense IMO.

We need a CB, extra pick now in the 3rd, an extra 1st in next years draft (which could open up the door to something special).

crazy 1st round...

...enjoyed it...

:blink: Letting a CB go over $2 million and wasting a draft spot on his replacement? This is not a position or a player that will help us win one more game :huh:

Yep. Brady is going roast who ever is out there. It's been happening for the past 15+ years. We need to be able to do what we never can do. Outscore someone. In order to do that you need a QB along with a coach who values offense. We haven't had either in a long time.

People cant have it both ways. You can't argue CBs aren't important enough to draft in the first, and then also say they should have paid 14 million to a CB.

The bills aren't building the team through the secondary, hence them paying money to the front seven and letting the secondary walk lol

But this is what the Bills argued, just the converse.

I'd rather have a player that's going to be on the team long term, especially when a first round pick is used. Good first round DB's cost too much to resign after their rookie deals (see Winfield, Clements, Gilmore).

so should we just not play with good CBs. Since they are too expensive to keep after 5 years? Don't draft them high or resign them!

You liking the pick or me liking the pick or anyone else liking the pick means nothing. Only his performance on the field means something.

Well, fans liking the pick actually means something cause we spend our hard earned money on tickets and merchandise..........and without the fans, there's no team.

You dig?

So they got White + 3d + next year 1st instead of Lattimore or another TE the QB can't find? That's looks ok to me at this stage.

Obviously they need to spend multiple picks on the secondary in this draft so no issue with the position.

Edited by KD in CA