Jabrill Peppers tested positive at combine

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dilute sample = testing positive?

To me, this sounds more like something happened that prevented credible results, such as using fake urine. That would be different from straight-up testing positive for X/Y/Z.

diluted tends to be a "fail" in many settings, even if its not a positive. Edited by NoSaint

To me, this sounds more like something happened that prevented credible results, such as using fake urine. That would be different from straight-up testing positive for X/Y/Z.

Dilute sample generally just means the sample was watered down. If you drink a couple gallons of water the day before or the day of this will happen. Doesn't necessarily mean there WAS anything in the sample, but since it hinders test results it counts as an automatic positive so people don't do the whole "drink a lot of water/gatorade to screw up results" thing.

diluted sample = positive test by NFL standards. They enter drug program and will be suspended 4 games with next positive test

Same thing Foster had.. Foster claims he was sick , drinking Gatorade and fluid like crazy to hydrate..sure Peppers will claim something similair

Dilute sample generally just means the sample was watered down. If you drink a couple gallons of water the day before or the day of this will happen. Doesn't necessarily mean there WAS anything in the sample, but since it hinders test results it counts as an automatic positive so people don't do the whole "drink a lot of water/gatorade to screw up results" thing.

Seems like some innocent people could get caught up in that, seeing as I'd probably drink a lot of water and/or Gatorade if I were preparing for a day on which my physical talents will earn or lose possibly millions of dollars.

Then again, same logic for not doing drugs during that same time period.

I'll repeat with what I said about Foster:

If he drops to the mid-upper 30's, I have no issue at all with using the 5th we got from the Cowboys for Cassel and the potential 5th from the Pats for Gilly to move up a few spots for him. And wouldn't that shut up a lot of people?

Who am I kidding, it would make them worse.

Seems like some innocent people could get caught up in that, seeing as I'd probably drink a lot of water and/or Gatorade if I were preparing for a day on which my physical talents will earn or lose possibly millions of dollars.

No.

These guys have taken drug tests before and they know ahead of time that drinking too much fluid (like a ridiculous amount) will cause a test fail.

So if anything, if they were clean, they would purposefully avoid drinking way too much liquid. It would/should be high on their concern list.

#entitlementmentality

#kickemtothecurb

Two guys caught out like this, starting to smell fishy to me. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there were more. Sounds like there was some information going around the colleges, about how to mess up a test. I wouldn't touch either of these guys, unless they can actually prove illness, or that they don't do weed, or anything else.

Being put straight into the NFL substance program from the get go, is not the way to start a pro career. Next positive test a 4 game suspension. It's bad enough with time getting missed through injuries, which will happen, but to have to serve suspensions as well, means you might only see 3 years out of a 4 year deal, as production.

I think it's time to go with the old adage 'the most valuable players are those who are available every Sunday'.

Rumor is the "hammy" issue he had that kept him out of the Orange Bowl was actually a suspension from the Big 10. Similar thing happened to Noah Spence in 2013. It's a last minute ruling that the school fights but the conference regulates. But they announced the real reason with Spence.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It takes a lot of water...like a lot.

Much more than you would consume on a regular day.

@mlombardiNFL

From Peppers agents.."he was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before"

@mikefreemanNFL

Text from front office executive on Jabrill Peppers and diluted sample: "Does he think we're stupid?"

Edited by YoloinOhio

No.

These guys have taken drug tests before and they know ahead of time that drinking too much fluid (like a ridiculous amount) will cause a test fail.

So if anything, if they were clean, they would purposefully avoid drinking way too much liquid. It would/should be high on their concern list.

#entitlementmentality

#kickemtothecurb

its about money and the prison industrial complex. Alcohol is a million times worse. Legal drugs kill at a rate higher than illegal...

#getaclue

#freedom

#greenhealthmedicine

Two guys caught out like this, starting to smell fishy to me. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there were more. Sounds like there was some information going around the colleges, about how to mess up a test. I wouldn't touch either of these guys, unless they can actually prove illness, or that they don't do weed, or anything else.

Being put straight into the NFL substance program from the get go, is not the way to start a pro career. Next positive test a 4 game suspension. It's bad enough with time getting missed through injuries, which will happen, but to have to serve suspensions as well, means you might only see 3 years out of a 4 year deal, as production.

I think it's time to go with the old adage 'the most valuable players are those who are available every Sunday'.

or just change the most hypocritically retarded rule ever

If he's got a history of cramping, does that mean he might suffer from sickle cell?

Does *getting* smoked by tortoise JT Barrett show up in a urine test?

Token mistake. Don't weed him out. He'll light up the NFL. I'm bowled over by his potential.