WR Mike Williams Visited Bills today

This is what I love about the draft. 2 prospects: Mike Williams and Corey Davis, and so much disagreement as to who the better prospect is. It's what makes the draft fun.

For the record, Corey Davis is head and shoulders better!

I think one of my favorite DAY 1 scenarios would be the Bills moving down a few picks picking up a 3rd rounder and taking Corey Davis.

The best source on this board has the Bills liking:

Solomon Thomas

Corey Davis

Marshon Lattimore

O.J. Howard

John Ross

Loved to see C. Davis on the list, and overall I like that list quite a bit. John Ross, would hopefully be a trade down only option, #10 is a little rich for him and his injury history.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's not that Mike is better. He just is more of the prototype #1 WR. Sammy could then be moved around and he would get matchups that could expose teams...badly.

Exactly...that is why they should draft Williams so we have more weapons for TT to throw to.

You know watching that highlight reel make me actually like Watson even more and more. He's not afraid to throw into coverage or throw his WR open.

I know this is about Williams but would he look as good without Watson throwing to him in the tight windows when covered?

I had the exact opposite takeaway. almost every catch in that reel was a poorly thrown ball that Williams beat the corner for. There was a lot of throws that you won't get away with in that video imo.

Thats my view, Williams hides the failings of Watson

I realize that most people like Davis better. But I was talking to someone in my network who LOVES Mike Williams. Said he would take him every time over Davis and that Williams will be great in the NFL. He just is such a physical player that you don't need to move around.

If you get Mike Williams you play him as the #1 WR (on the other team's best corner) and move Sammy around in the offense.

Analytics guys like Davis better, people I know that are more old school tape guys prefer Mike Williams.

Both offer good things, but I worry a bit about Williams ability to separate. He's going to have to sharpen his route running. He's damn good at catching in traffic and coming down with 50/50 balls though. I would be cool with either one.

Both offer good things, but I worry a bit about Williams ability to separate. He's going to have to sharpen his route running. He's damn good at catching in traffic and coming down with 50/50 balls though. I would be cool with either one.

I wouldnt worry about his ability to seperate. He has 4.49 speed thats .01 slower than Davis. Its also faster than Mike Evans, .02 slower than ABs, faster than Decker. His route tunning does need work though, his routes need to be crisper but thats the only gripe I have concerning MW abilities.

Didn't the Bills go South Carolina to visit Watson yesterday? So why on earth would they send Mike Williams on a plane to Buffalo when Pegula, Whaley, and McDermott was just at Clemson yesterday.

physical with Bills medical staff, tour of OBD, Meetings with WR coach. Also Monos may have been there. He's an extension of Whaley. Edited by YoloinOhio

The passing game improved when the quality of the targets improved......so it only makes sense that we continue to use street free agents in our passing game

Either we spend a top 10 pick on a WR or we use street FA scrubs? There's nothing in between? Interesting.

Either we spend a top 10 pick on a WR or we use street FA scrubs? There's nothing in between? Interesting.

This offense needs another good wideout. No reason not to take a WR at 10. Watkins did just fine in 2015 with Taylor. They were one of the NFLs best duos the second half of 2015. Cannot count on Watkins to be there all 16 games. Need another strong WR or it will be worse than 2015 if he goes out. No woods this time. All scrubs.

Edited by JM2009

We are not the Steelers. For some reason (we're just not good enuf) we are unable to find the mid to late round gems at the WR position. So I'm fine with risk managing the pick by going for a consensus legit high to mid first round guy, provided that we don't pay twice the freight if you know what I mean.

I agree there re lots of holes and lots of talent at the front end of the draft, so where are you inclined to go with our first pick.

This offense needs another good wideout. No reason not to take a WR at 10. Watkins did just fine in 2015 with Taylor. They were one of the NFLs best duos the second half of 2015. Cannot count on Watkins to be there all 16 games. Need another strong WR or it will be worse than 2015 if he goes out. No woods this time. All scrubs.

The reason not to take one at 10 is that it'll be difficult to get max value when you have Watkins and Shady eating up touches. If it happens then it happens but I still think you can find a quality WR beyond the first round.

The reason not to take one at 10 is that it'll be difficult to get max value when you have Watkins and Shady eating up touches. If it happens then it happens but I still think you can find a quality WR beyond the first round.

Especially in Dennison's offense. If Adams and Lattimore are off the board, then I think it will more likely be OJ Howard than both Williams and Davis. Assuming we stay at 10.

Especially in Dennison's offense. If Adams and Lattimore are off the board, then I think it will more likely be OJ Howard than both Williams and Davis. Assuming we stay at 10.

just heard a draft guy on WGR and he said something that made a lot of sense about OJ Howard. He said he's not only a blue chip prospect at TE in the passing game and a mismatch in coverage but he instantly makes your RT better because of his blocking ability. any team that needs to upgrade at OT this year either overpaid in FA or had slim pickings in the draft.... considering the Bills OT situation this would upgrade at two positions and worth a top 10 pick.

just heard a draft guy on WGR and he said something that made a lot of sense about OJ Howard. He said he's not only a blue chip prospect at TE in the passing game and a mismatch in coverage but he instantly makes your RT better because of his blocking ability. any team that needs to upgrade at OT this year either overpaid in FA or had slim pickings in the draft.... considering the Bills OT situation this would upgrade at two positions and worth a top 10 pick.

Good point! Howard also can be split out wide; especially in the red zone. Intriguing. I still take Adams if he's there though.