WR Mike Williams Visited Bills today

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure we can.

But some of them might shine depending on scheme how Tyrod plays. I suspect we draft one.

Howard? this kid is going to be really good. he is not the value at ten (just cuz) but I would love to see him in Bills colors.

Defenses would really have to play us accordingly by the second game, after Howard scored his first TD week one

The point about strengthening the right side of the line in both run and pass is what tipped me over.

I may not flip if he is taken at ten, That is how far i have come in my thinking.

I have witnessed Charles Clay on numerous occasions chip and block to assist the line. If they choose a TE with what you stated being the deciding factor, that in my opinion is covering up the true symptom which is replacing the rt. TE assist all the time, but I would have a difficult time with that line of reasoning being a the deciding factor.

You could get Howard and you get a slightly slower version of Williams with more power and better blocking.

I'm not a draft expert but I know if you have Sammy, Clay, Howard, Shady, Tyron and Listenbee over the top you'd better have good, big nickle corners and you'd better have a lot of them. That's a lot of speed and a **** ton of field to have to cover.

I have witnessed Charles Clay on numerous occasions chip and block to assist the line. If they choose a TE with what you stated being the deciding factor, that in my opinion is covering up the true symptom which is replacing the rt. TE assist all the time, but I would have a difficult time with that line of reasoning being a the deciding factor.

I have seen Clay do the same.

You are correct,

But Dennison loves them two TE sets.

You have two players at that position are both strong at run and pass ? Defenses get stressed out.

Howard is possibly BPA at ten. But the position needs to translate to Team Scheme.

This kid fits Dennison, and perhaps Taylor

Like a glove

it is a poor OT draft and the OTs in FA were ridiculously overvalued imo because of that. It may be trying to cover up the true symptom but that may be smarter this year than spending a high pick on a OT that isn't that good.

Howard is one of a few prospects this year who is consensus top 10. I don't think any team would be criticized for taking him for that reason. Clay does need to be utilized more but they are going to take a TE somewhere because they want multiple TE sets and we don't have two strong TEs. They might as well take the best one. They targeted a few in FA and lost out... likely because they saw it as poor opportunity for targets only basing on previous schemes.

Edited by YoloinOhio

We struggled getting Watkins involved so it only makes sense we use another top 10 pick on a WR.

If we keep drafting WRs in the top 10, eventually our qb has to look good. Matt Millen loves this strategy.

There will be a guy drafted in the later rounds who will have a better career than Williams or Davis. Drafting WRs in the top 10 is what bad teams do. Sadly, I am starting to realize I root for a bad team.

You could get Howard and you get a slightly slower version of Williams with more power and better blocking.

I'm not a draft expert but I know if you have Sammy, Clay, Howard, Shady, Tyron and Listenbee over the top you'd better have good, big nickle corners and you'd better have a lot of them. That's a lot of speed and a **** ton of field to have to cover.

Bingo

Yeah, everyone thinks a number 2 option has to be a wr. A good TE is more difficult to defend for defenses. It creates matchup nightmares and gives your offense crazy versatility.

Now, I don't think Clay or Howard will fully reach their potential with Tyrod but they would be awesome weapons for a young qb.

There's talk on another thread about McCaffrey who fills two or more slots (WR, RB, Returner). He's a genuine 4 down player. Howard is similar. He's an elite TE, a good WR and an excellent blocker. He very well might be a big asset on Special Teams as well. And with Dennison's taste for the 2 TE offense, combined with TT's limitations (and, to be fair, his strengths), Howard would be an immediate force. He would be a much better choice than yet another speed WR, again given TT's strengths and weaknesses. If he's available and the Bills take him at 10, I'm not going to smash my head into the men's room wall at the Big Tree Inn.

I'm no expert, but I've hear a number of people, including Polian, say he's one guy you have nothing to worry about.

I could have sworn I saw somewhere that he was lazy, unmotivated and didn't really like football. I may have mixed him up with someone else.

There's talk on another thread about McCaffrey who fills two or more slots (WR, RB, Returner). He's a genuine 4 down player. Howard is similar. He's an elite TE, a good WR and an excellent blocker. He very well might be a big asset on Special Teams as well. And with Dennison's taste for the 2 TE offense, combined with TT's limitations (and, to be fair, his strengths), Howard would be an immediate force. He would be a much better choice than yet another speed WR, again given TT's strengths and weaknesses. If he's available and the Bills take him at 10, I'm not going to smash my head into the men's room wall at the Big Tree Inn.

You watch from the stall?

I could have sworn I saw somewhere that he was lazy, unmotivated and didn't really like football. I may have mixed him up with someone else.

You watch from the stall?

I know he did a Houdini in 4 games. Hes a great athlete from the looks of it but if he is a blue chip prospect lock top ten he had something goign on during the Arkansas, Mississippi, Chattanooga, and Louisiana games as he had one catch.

Yeah, everyone thinks a number 2 option has to be a wr. A good TE is more difficult to defend for defenses. It creates matchup nightmares and gives your offense crazy versatility.

Now, I don't think Clay or Howard will fully reach their potential with Tyrod but they would be awesome weapons for a young qb.

A dynamic WR is always the better option if talent levels are generally equal. There's a reason the top paid TE is about 16 on the WR list. That said, an out of this world TE is better than a so-so WR2

A dynamic WR is always the better option if talent levels are generally equal. There's a reason the top paid TE is about 16 on the WR list. That said, an out of this world TE is better than a so-so WR2

And that right there is the million dollar question

Is OJ Howard a "special" TE in a TE rich draft

is Mike Williams a future star in a draft that has a lot of "good" WR talent

This is where the scouts gotta earn their paycheck