Bills Schedule Leak -Post here

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a non-Bills leak: Redskins to host a Thanksgiving game vs NYG (night game)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/04/20/redskins-to-host-first-thanksgiving-game-in-franchise-history/?utm_term=.0d931d06eaa7

Per WGR -- Bills also 1 of 4 teams without a prime time game

Yeah I heard that but they also said they weren't sure if Goddell has officially changed the "every team with a prime time game". I'm okay with it....I like Sunday games.

Me too. Doesn't matter if they win or lose. I'm either mad about the game or excited that they won. I can't sleep and I'm grumpy the next morning.

yep, that mnf game at NE, where the refs were supposed to give us one more offensive play at the end because Sammy rolled out of bounds (the game where the D was awesome vs. Brady) but instead just ended the game... I just laid there and stared at the ceiling. :angry:

here!

@jeremyWGR

Leaked Bills sched:

Sep - Panic met w/progress

Oct - Wins w/setback

Nov - Soul-crushing KC loss

Dec - In the hunt

In the hunt in December? Is that just code for 'we still have a chance, it's about 1% mathematically, but there's still a chance!'?

Good riddance to primetime games. Nothing worse than going to a night game when we are already 4 games out of division lead.

I hate the idea of closing the season out on the road for the final two weeks, assuming what Sal C. reported is true (leak).

Closing the last two on the road at least gives season ticket holders a small chance that home games in November could possibly still mean something.

I hate the idea of closing the season out on the road for the final two weeks, assuming what Sal C. reported is true (leak).

it would be due to the World Juniors being at New Era. I saw this but don't really agree at it being a huge disadvantage:

@sharpfootball

Give up HUGE home field edge in the cold. Wks 16 & 17 since 09, BUF:

1-7 (SU & ATS) away, lose by 16 ppg

6-2 (SU & ATS) home, win by 9 ppg

I think those point results are skewed by the blowout in New Jersey last year that the Bills tanked, and that they just weren't good in general 2009-2014. I just don't think the Buffalo weather is an advantage for the Bills. They play like **** in the snow. Would rather have more early home games and hopefully close out at Miami considering the weather there should be ideal in December (not 100 degrees and humid like if we have to go there early in the season.)

Yeah I heard that but they also said they weren't sure if Goddell has officially changed the "every team with a prime time game". I'm okay with it....I like Sunday games.

@hsimon62

checked with Bills on this. NFL confirmed every team DOES NOT have to get a prime time game this season

@salsports

Roger Goodell mentioned this could be the case, but never said for sure. We will see if every team is on TNF tonight.

If we don't get a Thursday game that'd be nice. I hate Thursday games (unless they follow a bye week).

not having to play on a Thurs would be an advantage imo. Just not sure how it would work with leaving some teams out ... would some play twice on thursdays? Since there are 16 TNFs... to leave out 4 teams

not having to play on a Thurs would be an advantage imo. Just not sure how it would work with leaving some teams out ... would some play twice on thursdays? Since there are 16 TNFs... to leave out 4 teams

Cowboys played back to back Thursday's last year because of Thanksgiving

I like it....especially as a ST holder. I'd rather have a schedule loaded w/ Sept, Oct, Nov home games. It's been years since the Bills seemed like a dominant cold weather home team. Pittsburgh & Miami had no problem moving the ball and scoring in December of this past season. I know the stats say otherwise but when you look at the situation (records, no playoffs pressure) and opponents....the December home advantage is not all it's cracked up to be. If McDermott and Whaley build a dominant defense then bad weather home games will be sweet. Teams will get smothered in Orchard Park.

Good riddance to primetime games. Nothing worse than going to a night game when we are already 4 games out of division lead.

Closing the last two on the road at least gives season ticket holders a small chance that home games in November could possibly still mean something.

hee...

I like it....especially as a ST holder. I'd rather have a schedule loaded w/ Sept, Oct, Nov home games. It's been years since the Bills seemed like a dominant cold weather home team. Pittsburgh & Miami had no problem moving the ball and scoring in December of this past season. I know the stats say otherwise but when you look at the situation (records, no playoffs pressure) and opponents....the December home advantage is not all it's cracked up to be. If McDermott and Whaley build a dominant defense then bad weather home games will be sweet. Teams will get smothered in Orchard Park.

Yeah, I get why season ticket holders prefer the earlier home games. I fly up for one game a year and it's always an early season date. This guarantees a meaningful game and "nice" weather. That said, IF they're making a playoff push in the last 2 weeks....I'd rather they be at home than on the road.

If that is accurate, the Falcons play the Saints twice in December. That's weird.

Not really, they like division rivalry games late in the year, and some teams have squared off in 3 weeks.