Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

Hey put a broken sammy on the falcons team. Sammy plays 8 games julio plays 16 whos worth more to the team?

So your telling me availability isnt the most important aspect of a player? You him and anyone else that think anything other than a players availability ( all things considered) is not the number one most important thing regarding a player are all wrong.

Watkins played 3 more games in his first three years than Julio did. I would have loved to have heard your scorching hot takes on Julio leading up to the 2014 season. He must have been so bad at football because he was never available. If that is the most important thing than Watkins through year 3 > Julio through year 3? Or are you only applying that criteria when it fits your narrative? Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins played 3 more games in his first three years than Julio for. I would have loved to have heard your hot takes on Julio leading up to the 2014 season. He must have been so bad at football because he was never available. If that is the most important thing than Watkins through year 3 > Julio through year 3? Or are you only applying that criteria when it fits your narrative?

Boom!!!!

Bills are one hamstring injury, which happens frequently, to having Jonathan Williams as starting running back. Meanwhile Gillislee wins Superbowl MVP with 151 yards and 3 TDS for Patriots. I'ts the Bills way. a Joke.

And if Williams was a Patriot, he'd be MVP. Do you understand it almost doesn't matter who the Patriots play or sign. The system makes them great.

Blind leading blind continue to be wrong. Availability of a player is the number one thing. If the number one player at a position is only on the field for 8 games it doesnt matter if he puts up 100 yards a game he isnt healping your team those last 8 games. Hes actually hirting your team because a) he isnt on the field, b) your number two is now your number three etc, c) your offense has now changed because your number one wr isnt on the field and your number 2 cant doe what your number one could have done, d) you have to replace (costs cap space) your number three with another receiver because he is now your number 2. Availability is everything.

so availability is more important than talent? We should just cut our injured players then and sign healthy ones just they can be available every week

Watkins played 3 more games in his first three years than Julio did. I would have loved to have heard your hot takes on Julio leading up to the 2014 season. He must have been so bad at football because he was never available. If that is the most important thing than Watkins through year 3 > Julio through year 3? Or are you only applying that criteria when it fits your narrative?

what he said

Hey put a broken sammy on the falcons team. Sammy plays 8 games julio plays 16 whos worth more to the team?

So your telling me availability isnt the most important aspect of a player? You him and anyone else that think anything other than a players availability ( all things considered) is not the number one most important thing regarding a player are all wrong.

oh the sweet, sweet irony dripping from your post.

Julio missed 2 games last year because he's had the same exact injury as Sammy, and has missed nearly the same amount of time (if not more), and also had to go back for a second surgery. And it's being reported that JJ is going back in for additional surgery this offseason.

The difference between the two is Matt Ryan vs Whatever shlub the Bills are trotting out. End of story.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The worst part about this is it opens up a need at RB and gives the Bills an excuse to take one on day 1 or 2.

The worst part about this is it opens up a need at RB and gives the Bills an excuse to take one on day 1 or 2.

Take a deep breath, the Bills aren't taking a RB early. It will be one of their 5th round picks if they don't match MG. If they think #2 RB is that important they will match. If they think they can plug a guy in they will draft one late. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Haha bull ****.

I saw Scott Chandler blow in NE.

It's not really about the Patriots. It's about THE BILLS letting a good player walk that shouldn't be walking if the GM didn't have his head up his ass.

What players did he let walk? You want to overpay for Gilmore? Would have been the dumbest move.

oh the sweet, sweet irony dripping from your post.

Julio missed 2 games last year because he's had the same exact injury as Sammy, and has missed nearly the same amount of time (if not more), and also had to go back for a second surgery. And it's being reported that JJ is going back in for additional surgery this offseason.

The difference between the two is Matt Ryan vs Whatever shlub the Bills are trotting out. End of story.

Can you not read? Where did I state anything about a year. Also do you know what all things considered means. Im pretty sure I said send out Sammy on the Falcons for 8 games and play Julio for 16. I mean they are both talented right. You and others are screaming from a mountain top that talent is the only thing we ahould consider when the bills extend him. It should be easy for you to say youd take a sammy for 8 games rather than a julio for 16 even if they are playing on the same team.

Can you not read? Where did I state anything about a year. Also do you know what all things considered means. Im pretty sure I said send out Sammy on the Falcons for 8 games and play Julio for 16. I mean they are both talented right. You and others are screaming from a mountain top that talent is the only thing we ahould consider when the bills extend him. It should be easy for you to say youd take a sammy for 8 games rather than a julio for 16 even if they are playing on the same team.

In their 1st 3 years Julio played 34 games and Sammy played 37. So to use your example, you would be sending Sammy out for 12 1/3 games and Julio for 11 1/3 games. Carry on though...

In their 1st 3 years Julio played 34 games and Sammy played 37. So to use your example, you would be sending Sammy out for 12 1/3 games and Julio for 11 1/3 games. Carry on though...

No im not talking about how many games anyone has played. The statement was made that availability come second, thats simply not true at any position in the NFL. If it was true players wouldnt play through injuries such as broken legs, broken arms, torn labrums, and the likes.

Everyone please. Hot take! Having talent and being in the lineup is important to playing on the NFL.

Seriously, all that matters is what happens going forward. We are projecting and using past information to do this, while the best indicator of the future is the past, it is imperfect at best. A few years ago people in Atlanta were unhappy about the Jones trade and the injuries. Now they think he is god. I have no reason to think, based on his rate of performance if targeted, and the reports that he is healthy and working hard; that Sammy Watkins a top 5 pick and 23 years old will not be an elite perfomer. But hey it takes a little luck too.

Edited by horned dogs

No im not talking about how many games anyone has played. The statement was made that availability come second, thats simply not true at any position in the NFL. If it was true players wouldnt play through injuries such as broken legs, broken arms, torn labrums, and the likes.

The Falcons had to make a decision on Julio's 5th year option with a smaller sample size than the Bills have on Watkins. No one is arguing that availability is important. It's odd though that the example you used was Julio Jones. He played less games.

If availability doesn't come 2nd you would rather 14 games of Walt Powell than 8 games of Sammy Watkins?

Wow. 69 pages.

I think this is allllll about the fact that it's the Patriots, and that it shook out in terms of an RFA being signed to an offer sheet.

If someone had asked me before the Pats made their offer: "Would you trade Mike Gillislee for a 5th round pick and $1million+ in cap space, would you do it?", I'd have said "yes, in a heartbeat!".

Furthermore, if things were reversed, and it was BELICHICK that signed a scrap heap FA, got two years of good production out of him, then flipped him for a 5th round pick when he was about to turn 28 and likely used the pick to replace him with a younger, much cheaper player, everyone would be gushing about what a genius he is.

I would absolutely let NE have him and sign Blount the next day. Blount and Shady would be a perfect duo.

i would absolutely sign Blount. He had 18 TDs last year. Belichik is angry because he won't sign for crumbs like Amendola just to play for him so he's throwing this MG signing in his face. Blount made less in the last 3 years for them than MG will make in the next two. Edited by YoloinOhio

Wow. 69 pages.

I think this is allllll about the fact that it's the Patriots, and that it shook out in terms of an RFA being signed to an offer sheet.

If someone had asked me before the Pats made their offer: "Would you trade Mike Gillislee for a 5th round pick and $1million+ in cap space, would you do it?", I'd have said "yes, in a heartbeat!".

Furthermore, if things were reversed, and it was BELICHICK that signed a scrap heap FA, got two years of good production out of him, then flipped him for a 5th round pick when he was about to turn 28 and likely used the pick to replace him with a younger, much cheaper player, everyone would be gushing about what a genius he is.

That's downright ... logical. I like Gillislie too, but I doubt he'll stay healthy for a full season if he gets even Blount's workload; he's a concussion away from a long time out. This is all about it being the Pats. And as for the Belichick going out of his way to stick it to the Bills: you really believe that? Did the Yankees go to such lengths to stick it to the Senators?