Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

I noticed that Tyrod had a lot more time later in the season once Watkins came back...that extra safety that defenses can't walk down into the box makes an enormous difference.

Absolutely, which is one reason I laugh when people say WR is a "dependent" position, and not worth a high draft pick unless you a so-called "franchise QB."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean for the games when "glass Watkins" actually played. Don't count on that much. LOL

I realize that you are angry, but state facts instead of whining about inaccuracies.

He's started 70% of the games that have been played since he's been in the NFL, and he's extremely productive when on the field.

He had a foot injury that he played through in 2015, and smoked the rest of the league over the final 9 games that season (when they finally started making him the focal point of the passing game).

Has availability held him back? Yes. Is it anywhere near as bad as you're claiming? No.

Now go find another team to cheer for since you've said multiple times that you're done with this one.

I realize that you are angry, but state facts instead of whining about inaccuracies.

He's started 70% of the games that have been played since he's been in the NFL, and he's extremely productive when on the field.

He had a foot injury that he played through in 2015, and smoked the rest of the league over the final 9 games that season (when they finally started making him the focal point of the passing game).

Has availability held him back? Yes. Is it anywhere near as bad as you're claiming? No.

Now go find another team to cheer for since you've said multiple times that you're done with this one.

:thumbsup:

1. It is what it is........but if you don't think guys like Taylor.......or Flutie and Mike Vick before him....... made their OL look better and improved their teams ability to run the ball you are just football ignorant, son! :lol:

The only one displaying their football ignorance is the guy who's crediting Taylor for bulk of the running game success rather than the guy carrying the ball.

You're inflating the impact Taylor has on the running game because you wish to do everything you can to make your original take on Shady sound not so bad. I get it, you hate to be wrong, but it's clear, by pushing this idea, that you've never coached, played or scouted the game at a high level.

That would be the 1st time in 17 years......Pulling a fast one on NE doesn't seem to be a Billsy thing to do....

Nothing this off season has seemed Billsy...

No leaks, keeping talent that is needed, adding good talent, gaining draft picks... This doesn't seem like a Billsy off season.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Ya'll have to take this with a grain of salt. This is only a thing because most folks here have had their feelings hurt by the Patriots so much for so long. If any other team stroked out and gave you a 5th rounder for some street free agent backup, you'd be jumping for joy.

But because it is the big bad Patriots, and because they've so deeply hurt you for so long, you just can't help but assume this is some next-level maneuver by Lord Belichick to sneak into your house and kick your dog.

I take it as flattery that the Cheaters covet Bills players. The Bills have had their chances to retain said players and most of them have gone on to do very little with them.

But we'll see what happens when Brady is gone.

Nothing this off season has seemed Billsy...

No leaks, keeping talent that is needed, adding good talent, gaining draft picks... This doesn't seem like a Billsy off season.

True....However, when the best HC in the league wants a player enough to give him $6M, it gives me pause....ei: are we missing something .....

Who could forget how bad the Eagles DL made Richie Incognito and company look in Philly in 2015........getting wide, shooting gaps before the pulling OL could get to them, stringing McCoy to his (then)preferred sideline route and shutting him down. MG comes in and on the first play takes a carry 25 yards between the hashes for a TD thru the fractured front.

In fairness.....we saw a lot more aggression from defensive fronts in 2016 than 2015.......hell in 2015 Tyrod had a clean pocket for 4 seconds on every play it seemed.......but the increased aggression didn't stop the Bills from scoring this year. Tyrod still broke contain.....ran for more TD's etc..

This is why I think we should match

Shady and MG are a true thunder and lightning pair.......Mike G. gets the tough yards and Shady is a home run hitter

True....However, when the best HC in the league wants a player enough to give him $6M, it gives me pause....ei: are we missing something .....

I think BB wants the Bills to match, no one was missing anything when he got Chad Ochocinco, no one was missing anything when he got Albert Haynesworth...

Not even Chris Hogan who everyone thought was some amazing signing lol

Hogan ended up being... Average.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I think BB wants the Bills to match, no one was missing anything when he got Chad Ochocinco, no one was missing anything when he got Albert Haynesworth...

I don't think he wants the Bills to match. Just look at what they gave Burkhead. Almost the exact same average and MG is a better player.

Don't tell some that here... we still haven't replaced his production....

Look at it this way - Gillislee is being paid for the 150-200 carries that he'll likely get in NE. It's an overpay for the 100 carries he'll likely get in Buffalo.

One thing i always like to remember is - don't pay someone for what they've done/accomplished for you. Pay someone for what you want/anticipate them doing for you. There's no "rewarding" you for your previous contributions. If i slap a value on you, then I should not exceed that value in contract negotiations.

One team's value for a player is different than another teams. Hogan is more valuable in a Brady/Belichick offense, than he is in a Tyrod Taylor offense. Hence the difference of opinion on contract value between the two teams.

Edited by dneveu

There's plenty of examples that didn't work them of course...but there's quite a few that did....I'm so tired of them winning...It's starting to affect my rational.....I usually enjoy the off season because you don't hear about them as much...so far, this year has been brutal....

Hogan did end up being average for them...but that's the problem...they only needed him to be average...he ended up more involve in their plan once Gronk went down but he gave them exactly what they wanted...TD Mike could end up doing the same....

It just weird to read " XXX team is going to pull a fast one on the patriots "...even more so when it's the Bills....

There's plenty of examples that didn't work them of course...but there's quite a few that did....I'm so tired of them winning...It's starting to affect my rational.....I usually enjoy the off season because you don't hear about them as much...so far, this year has been brutal....

Hogan did end up being average for them...but that's the problem...they only needed him to be average...he ended up more involve in their plan once Gronk went down but he gave them exactly what they wanted...TD Mike could end up doing the same....

It just weird to read " XXX team is going to pull a fast one on the patriots "...even more so when it's the Bills....

MG won't help them win any games just like he wouldn't for the Bills. You want them to stop winning it won't be by stopping the offer sheet. It will be by ending Brady's career with an injury.

MG won't help them win any games just like he wouldn't for the Bills. You want them to stop winning it won't be by stopping the offer sheet. It will be by ending Brady's career with an injury.

We disagree on that...he'll have a solid year if he ends up there........An aging Blount had 18 TDs.....MG could replicate that..........Brady needing to go is a gimme...the sooner the better....

Hogan was fine for them - but he's just a piece. They attack you through their depth and game planning. This year its like... Gronk, Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, Allen, Burkhead, White, Lewis, and Gillislee.

Even if they don't get Gillislee they'll just sign someone else... And still beat us twice.

We disagree on that...he'll have a solid year if he ends up there........An aging Blount had 18 TDs.....MG could replicate that..........Brady needing to go is a gimme...the sooner the better....

If you look at MG highlight reel it shows him running through huge holes 99% of the time. I doubt he puts up half the stats TBH.