Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he could fall to us. The Bears are apparently out of the QB derby with Glennon and Sanchez signed

I think the 49ers take him at 2. Some mocks have Jags taking him with Bortles support waning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785165/article/scout-uncs-mitch-trubisky-is-top-two-or-three-draft-pick

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I think the 49ers take him at 2. Some mocks have Jags taking him with Bortles support waning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785165/article/scout-uncs-mitch-trubisky-is-top-two-or-three-draft-pick

I think the Niners are either going to make a trade for or wait a year for Cousins. I think they go defense, but.....I read a crazy CBS mock draft yesterday that had the Browns (who have a ton of picks the next two years) trading up from 12 to get Trubisky kind of how the Rams went from 15 to 1 for Goff last year. At first it sounds crazy, then it starts making sense if they feel he's the real deal. I'm sure the Niners would love to grab a bunch of picks and they play in different conferences. I think that Trubisky getting to the Bills is a pipe dream. Even if he did get past the Jets, the Browns have more than enough picks to trade for teams picking ahead of the Bills that would be wanting to add draft picks in a deep draft.

So IMO that might leave Mahomes as the only QB option at #10. Watson seems like very limited QB who doesn't see the whole field and has accuracy issues, and Kizer's play looks too much like EJ's style. I'm thinking the Bills probably won't be picking a QB this year and will instead either trade back or pick their top guy that falls to them like Adams, Hooker, Howard, Wiliams, Foster.

Edited by 1billsfan

Someone else was saying this too "Gannon comp".

I'd take that all day. The 4 year run from 99 to 02 culminating in a 4800 yard MVP season is what we need

But wasn't that after like 10-12 years in the league? if I remember correctly, he was a late bloomer.

But wasn't that after like 10-12 years in the league? if I remember correctly, he was a late bloomer.

Definetly was a late bloomer. Trubisky is twice the athlete Gannon was.

Trubisky has his accuracy though and as Tom Brady has taught us all accuracy kills.

I would take Mahomes or Trubisky at 10 with no hesitation.

Yes, if you limit Air Raid to Texas Tech you can say that. But Tedford ran an offense very similar to Air Raid and Aaron Rodgers turned out ok. The Air Raid is just a form of spread offense. College spread QB's are doing fine in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers did not run the Air Raid.

i've recently seen a couple of mocks...br comes to mind that has trubisky there at # 10. if you're the gm , what do you do?

imo he'd be the only qb i would use a first round pick on....but...

it would be awfully tempting to me to trade down and try to pick up some extra picks, so here's a scenario that i would look at.

trade #10 to cleveland for no. #12...for one of their seconds and a 4th. forgive me for not following the value chart, but i could see the browns drooling here.

trade #12 to the redskins for #17...for a 3rd,4th and 7th. they need quality receivers in the worst way and they have the picks to spare.

with #17 i'm taking a tackle and i like bolles from utah. i know it may be high and he's 25, but i can see a run on olineman from the giants on down through the rest of the 1st. this kid gives us a day one upgrade. he could be our big nasty incognito on the right side.

of course at #17, i wouldn't take the phone off the hook in case jerry jones is in love with say a ross...or maybe peppers is still there. they don't have extra picks though, but here i would settle for a high 2018 pick.

so at #17, that would be bolles...an extra 2nd, 3rd,4th and 7th. we could really do well in this draft.

i don't have a mock,but with 2 2nds and 2 3rds we should be able to get zay jones, a cb, a safety and maybe that dl from vandy.

with the cleveland 4th round pick, i take chad kelly and make sure he comes to buffalo.

i would use the rest for mainly line depth. i do like marcus maye the fs from florida.

the draft can't get here soon enough, im stoked.

if we did pick trubisky at #10, i'd be happy with that, but would hope they could move down in the 2nd and at least grab one or 2 more picks.

lastly, does anyone know how to retrieve avatars from the old board? i also apologize for the lack of caps button talent. :rolleyes:

If GM Whaley and Scouts have decided Mitch Trubisky and any other QB is a franchise guy I expect them to take any of those QB's at 10.

If Mitch Tribusky is still vailable at #10 what does that tell you EVERY OTHER team in the league thinks about him? If he really was the next GUY then someone would have jumped up at some point in picks 1-9 to grab the guy.

I'm not taking him at #10. Maybe Cleveland would be willing to flop the #12 pick + something for the #10. Maybe a 10 and 33 for 12 nd 43.

If Mitch Tribusky is still vailable at #10 what does that tell you EVERY OTHER team in the league thinks about him? If he really was the next GUY then someone would have jumped up at some point in picks 1-9 to grab the guy.

I'm not taking him at #10. Maybe Cleveland would be willing to flop the #12 pick + something for the #10. Maybe a 10 and 33 for 12 nd 43.

That reasoning would prevent drafting Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr, Drew Brees, etc. Other teams might not know what they are doing, you have to trust your own evaluation.

I would draft him, personally

Why? I'm fascinated by the infatuation people have with Trubisky. 13 games started... 13 games. He

has physical abilities, but so do a lot of QBs. He has little game experience. He reminds me of a guy

like Christian Hackenberg in that people built him up in spite of his lukewarm game tape. They made

excuses for him;he didn't have great WRs, he didn't have a great O-line, etc., etc. He has the physical

tools but the bottom line was he wasn't that hot at Penn State. He had a fairly good Freshman year and

he looked the part so folks built him up. He got taken on potential when his years of play indicated that

he wasn't that good. And he went in the 2nd round where he should have. Some folks were determined

he should have been a first rounder before the draft.

Trubisky is a guy with potential, but that's not a guy that is a top 10 QB. A QB in the top 10, hell in the first

round, I would need to see a guy be productive over a period of time. The position is too important to

declare a guy's got "it" with so little tape. I go with potential in the 2nd round or later.

Edited by purple haze

It's getting real folks

@mikegarafolo

Bills worked out UNC QB Mitchell Tribusky yesterday, source says. Owner Terry Pegula was there, along with HC Sean McDermott.

Mike GarafoloVerified account @MikeGarafolo 24m24 minutes ago

Mike Garafolo Retweeted Gunter Brewer

Bills weren't exactly guarding the Trubisky workout secret. They retweeted this tweet from their official account:

Mike Garafolo added,

Gunter BrewerVerified account @CoachBrewerUNC

.@TarHeelFootball @buffalobills Great to have Coach Sean McDermott and Owner Terry Pegula in Chapel Hill today. First class people.

C9AKuxTUAAAVMG3.jpg

It's getting real folks

@mikegarafolo

Bills worked out UNC QB Mitchell Tribusky yesterday, source says. Owner Terry Pegula was there, along with HC Sean McDermott.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 24m24 minutes ago

Mike Garafolo Retweeted Gunter Brewer

Bills weren't exactly guarding the Trubisky workout secret. They retweeted this tweet from their official account:

Mike Garafolo added,

Gunter Brewer‏Verified account @CoachBrewerUNC

.@TarHeelFootball @buffalobills Great to have Coach Sean McDermott and Owner Terry Pegula in Chapel Hill today. First class people.

C9AKuxTUAAAVMG3.jpg

Wow. Trubisky looks old.

The fact the Bills almost never make waves about who they are working out pre-draft and yet chose to here tell me 1 thing:

There is no way Trubisky is the pick at #10. This is a message to the Saints, Browns, Cardinals, Giants and Texans among others..... if you want Mitch you might wanna talk to us because we might just take him.