Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well when you say likely, it still leaves the possibility he wont be. no doubt they should be looking whether this draft, next or the one after that. they should always look for the possibility. workouts and dinner dates don't mean they pick them. it means they're evaluating as you know. my point, I wouldn't say likely the face of the franchise, that's kind of getting ahead of the cart. they thought they had the face of the franchise with 2013's first pick.

going to be an interesting draft for sure

Always, and this year is super innerestin' for real

I am going to love this board when we go QB at 10 lol

you don't love us already ...

What is not to love?

If it's Mitch or watson I'm ok but all else without a trade down I'll be pissed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't project negative waves Man. Think the Bills get some extra picks and get your QB ! Why not honestly?

Matt Ryan is 6' 4". Trubisky is 6'. Ryan was a 4-year starter at BC. Tribusky started one. Name any decent NFL QB who started just one season in college?

How about the likes of such franchise QBs as Brock Osweiler and Trevor Siemian (at least that's what I found when checking out the crop of starting QBs circa Sept. '2016--Cam Newton had an extra year of seasoning at the #1 ranked JUCO before his one year at Auburn due to his illicit activities while at Florida so I don't think he counts):

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/list/ranking-nfl-quarterbacks-by-college-career-cam-newton-jameis-winston-luck-rg3-mariota/1qqt79wy0lewi1ipv0w0dg3vp9/slide/32

Not saying there's a correlation between the W/L record in college and the pro career, just answering the gentleman's question to the best of my limited ability. As for Trubisky and the other QBs in this draft, in the spirit of the current Jewish holiday, I hope we "Passover" the QB position with our first two picks--take a crack later--as one of my favorite posts from one of the well-respected posters here established several weeks back--there is a LOW correlation between those precious high picks and franchise QBs. Take the money and run in round one with a WR or DB--even trade down and reverse the order and go DB and then WR.

IMO, it has more to do with the position of QB than it does which round they are projected to go. Bills didn't have a 1st that year, and Petty was projected to go as high as the 2nd-3rd. I don't think Pegs would bother flying around to meet with 1st rd linebackers, on the other hand.

I totally agree. I think it's the QB position in general. I think Pegula knows how important the Qb position is, and I really like that the Bills seem to really be doing their due diligence on the QB draft class the last couple of years. It seems like they have heavily scouted and vetted quite a few college QBs these past couple off seasons.

I don't think Pegula visiting him gives us any real indication of what round they would be willing to take him in. I just think it shows that they are doing their homework on the QB draft class, which is great IMO.

Edited by BillsFan4

...hell if I was a kid in the 2017 draft and the OWNER of the Buffalo Bills thought enough of me to have dinner, I'd be thrilled, honored, humbled and excited.......ME, a kid in the 2017 NFL Draft has dinner with a billionaire NFL OWNER....WTF?...only the "Real Housewives of TBD/OBD" could turn THAT into a suspect negative....17 years is tough to endure but seriously?..........

@greggabe

It's my understanding that Buffalo was trying to keep QB workouts under the radar until North Carolina coached tweeted out pic from Sunday

Apparently Greg Gabriel unaware the Bills RTd the photo

does this destroy the "smokescreen" theory?

I totally agree. I think it's the QB position in general. I think Pegula knows how important the Qb position is, and I really like that the Bills seem to really be doing their due diligence on the QB draft class the last couple of years. It seems like they have heavily scouted and vetted quite a few college QBs these past couple off seasons.

I don't think Pegula visiting him gives us any real indication of what round they would be willing to take him in. I just think it shows that they are doing their homework on the QB draft class, which is great IMO.

absolutely. He does not need to pick the player. But to learn the process and gain a level of comfort of understanding in what his Employees are hired for and how they execute their business will make him a better Bossman.

IMO

absolutely. He does not need to pick the player. But to learn the process and gain a level of comfort of understanding in what his Employees are hired for and how they execute their business will make him a better Bossman.

IMO

...absolutely DEAD ON.....he signs the checks.....and his interest in HIS TEAM should not be misconstrued that he is the next Jerry Jones or Boy Danny Snyder.....the beotchfest about Ralph in the 80's was that he was NOT involved as an absentee owner in Detroit only interested in counting his money........