Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

It sounds to me like they are working out qbs in the event they fall to the 2nd round...that is jmo

Uh no. Owner doesn't go to see 2nd round picks, sorry.

...and when Pegula falls in love with a prospect to the point he dictates who the Bills should draft, are you okay with that?

...and how do you know that Pegula is an owner "who knows his limits"? You wouldn't rather have an owner that leaves football decisions to the football experts he has hired?

What experts? Whaley sucks in picking QB's. I bet Dennison is doing the evaluations and will suggest who to take. Our scouting dept can't find a QB if Tom Brady sat on their laps. Look at the history, they suck at finding a QB and maybe Terry is tired of it.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What experts? Whaley sucks in picking QB's. I bet Dennison is doing the evaluations and will suggest who to take. Our scouting dept can't find a QB if Tom Brady sat on their laps. Look at the history, they suck at finding a QB and maybe Terry is tired of it.

Maybe someone close to Terry or Kim mentioned that they need a QB. It sure looks like a new day in Buffalo.

HTF would you know?

Maybe someone close to Terry or Kim mentioned that they need a QB. It sure looks like a new day in Buffalo.

Whaley maybe? He clearly didn't make TT the future, was rumored to have been ready to move on, had no interest in picking up his option, only kept him due to pay cut and lack of better QB in FA. All signs have pointed to them looking elsewhere for a FQ. Edited by YoloinOhio

Winning 10+ games every year, playing in prime time, selling jerseys and sponsorships, playing playoff games and contending for Super Bowls is a luxury. Just draft a CB and let's play out the 6 win season!

Yeah but it might FAIL though! Let's draft a safety instead!

So many people are married to the first person they dated, I'm impressed! After all, if it doesn't work out you just quit trying.

Winning 10+ games every year, playing in prime time, selling jerseys and sponsorships, playing playoff games and contending for Super Bowls is a luxury. Just draft a CB and let's play out the 6 win season!

Yeah but it might FAIL though! Let's draft a safety instead!

So many people are married to the first person they dated, I'm impressed! After all, if it doesn't work out you just quit trying.

You do understand you are crying about something that has not happened yet, right? You also understand that what the fans post about has nothing to do with what the Bills actually do, right?

You do understand you are crying about something that has not happened yet, right? You also understand that what the fans post about has nothing to do with what the Bills actually do, right?

Whew... Thank you. I feel better now.

The other guy just told me there was no magic QB machine where you could pay a quarter and get a QB. THAT blew my mind.

But YOU gave me a twofer! Really a "three-fer" if I wanted to stretch it a little: Not only has the 2017 draft NOT happened yet, but the team has NOT passed on a QB AND the fans don't decide what the team does!

I think I've gained a whole damn pound today with all this knowledge I'm getting!

Thank you so much!

Whew... Thank you. I feel better now.

The other guy just told me there was no magic QB machine where you could pay a quarter and get a QB. THAT blew my mind.

But YOU gave me a twofer! Really a "three-fer" if I wanted to stretch it a little: Not only has the 2017 draft NOT happened yet, but the team has NOT passed on a QB AND the fans don't decide what the team does!

I think I've gained a whole damn pound today with all this knowledge I'm getting!

Thank you so much!

I don't think you have.

The owner met with Bryce Petty a couple years ago, and took him out to dinner (in Texas I believe). Unless you think they thought Petty was a 1st round caliber player...

I dont understand how you can see this as a negative. IF the Bills go QB at 10, that QB is likely to be the face of the franchise soon. If I was Pegula, I would want to be involved with who is selected to be the face of my company.

well when you say likely, it still leaves the possibility he wont be. no doubt they should be looking whether this draft, next or the one after that. they should always look for the possibility. workouts and dinner dates don't mean they pick them. it means they're evaluating as you know. my point, I wouldn't say likely the face of the franchise, that's kind of getting ahead of the cart. they thought they had the face of the franchise with 2013's first pick.

going to be an interesting draft for sure

The owner met with Bryce Petty a couple years ago, and took him out to dinner (in Texas I believe). Unless you think they thought Petty was a 1st round caliber player...

IMO, it has more to do with the position of QB than it does which round they are projected to go. Bills didn't have a 1st that year, and Petty was projected to go as high as the 2nd-3rd. I don't think Pegs would bother flying around to meet with 1st rd linebackers, on the other hand. Edited by YoloinOhio