4-12: Sean McDermott on WGR

4-12: SEAN MCDERMOTT ON THE WGR (20:17)

#Bills head coach Sean McDermott joins Howard and Jeremy live in studio next! Tune in:

C9NaqWRU0AANk05.jpg

McDermott - we're getting ready for the Draft while looking at the guys we already have. Have to balance it all out, but it's awesome #Bills

McDermott - it's a people driven business. I have to get to know players on all three sides of the ball and I've enjoyed that process #Bills

McDermott - the margin for error in this business is small. We have to work for every inch. We want to be a playoff caliber team. #Bills

McDermott - we have to earn the right to win in order to be a playoff team. It's one step at a time at this point #Bills

McDermott - I want to be responsible at making the right decision at the right time. We'll look at every option on the table at the Draft

McDermott - we want to find guys in the first few rounds to make us better in the short and long-term. Whether that's a QB or not #Bills

McDermott - I've been around two very good head coaches. I was able to run the defense in Carolina as if I was the head coach. #Bills

McDermott - while Rivera and Reid picked the players at the Draft, they gave me the best opportunity to succeed #Bills

McDermott - receivers are getting bigger, stronger and faster every year. We need guys who can challenge them in the secondary #Bills

McDermott - we're looking to improve at every position. We've added and retained some important pieces in the secondary. #Bills

McDermott - if there is someone that can help us in the secondary in the Draft, we would love to have them on our team #Bills

McDermott - the TE position is important on offense. Charles is a good matchup for us, to go along with McCoy in the backfield #Bills

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reference to the draft McCoach basically said we might need a QB, or we might need a secondary player, or any other position, but probably not a Tight End.

What I take away from that is they will take OJ Howard if he's available.

It's smoke and mirror season.

Thanks for the transcription, 26CB!

How depressing is it that I saw this tread title and immediately thought 4-12 was a reference to the Bills' record?

Ha! :lol:

I agree with Shotgunner that the Coach didn't sound like he wanted to be pressured to take a Defensive Player so could see the big TE.

In reference to the draft McCoach basically said we might need a QB, or we might need a secondary player, or any other position, but probably not a Tight End.

The Bills were pretty transparent under Whaley/Ryan in terms of drafting players and/or for needs. I mean if look at Dennison/Kubiak offense Owen Daniels was somewhat important, I think Clay is as talented as Daniels was so not sure a 2nd TE as vital but tough call with a guy like Howard who is arguably elite at his position.

I know youre on the hunt for any way to spin a powerless Whaley, but most coaches have a big say in the draft process.

There is a huge difference between input and control. For now all we can do is speculate since the Pegulas refuse to tell us who makes the final call.

Buddy said it the best; everybody is trying to rob the same train.

I listened to the interview. It sounds like McDermott has an enormous voice in the draft process.

McDermott - while Rivera and Reid picked the players at the Draft, they gave me the best opportunity to succeed

That tells me right there, he negotiated that with the Pegulas and he makes the calls in the draft room.