4-12: Sean McDermott on WGR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know youre on the hunt for any way to spin a powerless Whaley, but most coaches have a big say in the draft process.

He didn't say anything, or refer to Whaley. The way I read it is he referenced two damn good HC's who have success, that made the draft decisions. Seems to me he may be doing the same thing.

I have no issue with this, he needs to buy the grocery's if he is doing the cookin'

You know what I like...... McDermott is a dull as ditch water interview... he really is. Give nothing away really stock answers. Isn't a "big personality" guy. Knows what he should say and says it. That is such a relief after two years of Rex turning every press conference into an entertainment event.

I expect McDermott is going to make for dreary Mondays and dreary Thursdays..... but so long as he makes up for that with exciting Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays when we are on MNF or TNF) then I will be all for it.

You know what I like...... McDermott is a dull as ditch water interview... he really is. Give nothing away really stock answers. Isn't a "big personality" guy. Knows what he should say and says it. That is such a relief after two years of Rex turning every press conference into an entertainment event.

I expect McDermott is going to make for dreary Mondays and dreary Thursdays..... but so long as he makes up for that with exciting Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays when we are on MNF or TNF) then I will be all for it.

It's all about Process, Culture, and Earning the Right To Win.

Who is this clown?

"Three sides of the ball"??? Last time I checked there were 4,325 sides to a football.

"Receivers are getting bigger, stronger and faster"??? Easy fix...convert Justin Hunter or that new kid we acquired from the Raiders to CB.

This isn't rocket science. McDermott needs to bone up on football lingo quick.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Didn't tell us too much, but I'll speculate anyways. It seems like CB is their number 1 area to address. Also, bringing up Charles Clay may suggest they're not interested in O.J. Howard who I've seen us taking in a few mocks. Did he saw anything at about us not having a #2 WR?

Didn't tell us too much, but I'll speculate anyways. It seems like CB is their number 1 area to address. Also, bringing up Charles Clay may suggest they're not interested in O.J. Howard who I've seen us taking in a few mocks. Did he saw anything at about us not having a #2 WR?

I think he said previously that our #2 was ok the roster. Take that for what you will

Wgr guys were the ones to ask him about Clay, he didn't bring him up

No Reason to predict 4-12? Really I guess you are new to these parts. LOL. Give me a break.

Since 2000 we've only recorded a win-loss record of 4-12 or worst, twice, in 2001 and 2010. So theoretically, 4-12 isn't a common trend with the Bills, if you said 6-10 or 7-9 then, sure, that's not an unrealistic prediction, seeing as it has occurred 9 times out of the 17 years. Not Including the one year we were 5-11.

Edited by Captain Murica

I'm 60 and find the most important factor is diet.

Absolutely.

I'm 41, and weigh 30lbs. less than I did at 31. I don't diet, I eat smarter and bike/hike way more than I did ten years ago. I'm also mostly off beer as well, that helps keep the weight off. I still have an occasional beer, but discovered a while back that a glass or two of bourbon is much easier on the waistline than killing beers all day at the tailgate.

Interesting that McD himself brought up the term "smoke screen" in regard to all the QB talk. If he really is going to call the shots in the draft room, it could be that he wants to start off his era with the QB of his choosing.

He won't be calling the shots in the war room. His opinion will be sought and weighed and consensus hoped for. But Whaley will have final say in the absence of that consensus. That rarely happens though, after a year of compiling data and evaluating players up to that point.