MLB Season

EersN'Bills

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's opening day and there's no baseball thread?

(Mods, if there is one, feel free to delete this thread and bump that one)

Usually some dope moves it to the defunct baseball board and kills the discussion, but yeah, would be good to have a running thread for the season.

Let's Go Mets!

Usually some dope moves it to the defunct baseball board and kills the discussion, but yeah, would be good to have a running thread for the season.

Let's Go Mets!

Agreed. I don't think there's any problem having it in Off the Wall. Doesn't bother anyone and it usually turns out to be one of the more mature, civilized, educated and informed discussions on the board.

Harvey's last start in pre-season set my mind at ease .... a little. I'm worried that Matz is gonna be out till the All Star break. If Wheeler can stay healthy, though, that should be okay.

Looks like Duda is hurt again. I think we'll see a lot of Bruce at first and Conforto in right. As long as Bruce isn't a liability on the field, I'm fine with that.

Looking for great things from the Metropolitans this year!!

Agreed. I don't think there's any problem having it in Off the Wall. Doesn't bother anyone and it usually turns out to be one of the more mature, civilized, educated and informed discussions on the board.

Harvey's last start in pre-season set my mind at ease .... a little. I'm worried that Matz is gonna be out till the All Star break. If Wheeler can stay healthy, though, that should be okay.

Looks like Duda is hurt again. I think we'll see a lot of Bruce at first and Conforto in right. As long as Bruce isn't a liability on the field, I'm fine with that.

Pretty much sums it up, except that the Mets need an upgrade at catcher. And if Matz and Wheeler can throw during the first half of the season, then I'd consider Matz to be trade bait.

I think you were right early last season when you told me D'Arnaud isn't good enoughl, good call. I gotta good feeling about this year, Gug. Let's go Mets!

I'm completely out of the Mets loop....I've always relied on the local media but starting this year that means hearing about the Giants. :doh:

Let's go Sox!!!!!

Looking forward to Porcello, Sale and Price (if he can stay healthy) can do in the rough and tumble East. I really like our lineup, even though Big Papi retired. I think they will still put up plenty of runs.

They have a good lineup. Getting Sale is big for them. It took a long time for Porcello to finally realize his potential. Can he maintain?

I hope the Tribe continues their2016 ways. I think KC could bounce back too. That would make for a cool race of small market teams.

Cardinals are the absolute class of MLB....have been for a long time but the Scrubs went the money route and will be tough while we figure things out. Once we do, they can start another 107 year streak.

Let's go Sox!!!!!

Looking forward to Porcello, Sale and Price (if he can stay healthy) can do in the rough and tumble East. I really like our lineup, even though Big Papi retired. I think they will still put up plenty of runs.

I'm psyched for the Sox this season, especially because Papi is gone. The East is going to be tough.

I'm psyched for the Sox this season, especially because Papi is gone. The East is going to be tough.

As much as I dislike the Sox I always loved Big Papi. Real class act and a great player. He would have hit so many more homers playing in Yankee Stadium with that short right field porch. The game will miss him.

As much as I dislike the Sox I always loved Big Papi. Real class act and a great player. He would have hit so many more homers playing in Yankee Stadium with that short right field porch. The game will miss him.

I've loved the Sox since the '70s. How I latched onto that team is still a mystery in my mind. It made for some interesting Summers with my dad (a staunch Yankee fan -- we always agreed on the Bills and Sabres, it was nice to be opposites in the summer. He gave me so much crap until that great ALCS).

I really came to dislike what Papi made of himself. He was, in his mind, "the" team. I won't miss him.

You AL East guys ... I think this is either Toronto's or Baltimore's year. I think the Yankees are too young and the Red Sox overpaid A LOT and are realizing how much they miss Theo.

Pennies lost if Price doesn't pitch. You can't overpayin the AL East. If you want to feel smug, then the joke is on you...

You just don't GET the AL East, do you? Best division the last nearly 50 years hands down.

Since I assume all the posters here are baseball fans, if you don't already, go to MLB and sign up for beat the streak. I haven't enjoyed baseball this much since I was a kid. The object of the game is to pick 0, 1 or 2 players a day, trying to get a streak which beats Dimaggio's.

No penalty for not playing, so if you miss a night, a week or a month, you just don't get any at bats. Also I know more about other teams than I have since the 60's.

They also report BA. You would think it is easy to hit .300 under those conditions. It is not.

I am also a Dodger fan and don't really follow the AL, but after the series last year I think I will adopt Cleveland as an AL team. I think it works out pretty well in that Buffalo is a subset of Cleveland or maybe Cleveland is a subset of Buffalo. You get the point.

Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Braves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't really overpay in the AL East...

David Price will be making $32MM at the 35 and 36 years old.

They overpaid so badly for him.

Its a terrible deal for a pitcher struggling with injuries right now.

Let's go Braves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Price will be making $32MM at the 35 and 36 years old.

They overpaid so badly for him.

Its a terrible deal for a pitcher struggling with injuries right now.

Plus who has struggled in the post season. I like the mets chances if they could stay healthy. Not off to a great start. The NL is so stacked this year. 6 or 7 teams have a realistic shot of taking the pennant in the NL.

Tough time of the year for this fan, after so much time off and we get every ace out there for the first few days, would enjoy watching 4 games today, but time won't let me. And the risk that games i taped get rained out when i get home to watch...

Watched the Yankees hammering yesterday, Tropicana Field was up to its usual tricks.

Rookie Benintendi with the tater and cluch catch at the wall for the Fenway Faithful today for my game of the day. Always love seeing a bunt or punch single against a dumb shift, helped sink the Pirates in that one big inning with two out.

Rookie Benintendi with the tater and cluch catch at the wall for the Fenway Faithful today for my game of the day. Always love seeing a bunt or punch single against a dumb shift, helped sink the Pirates in that one big inning with two out.

Amen to that....Benny with a bomb and big catch, great twitter photo of his extension to catch the ball superimposed against the MJ "jump man" silhouette, its beautiful.

Agreed on the shift bunt...Cole looked into the dugout PISSED after that.

Great game 1 for the Sox (Porcello ran out of gas, otherwise he was perfect, and thats expected trying to go 7 innings and 100 pitches on day 1)