Who is still mad we tanked the Jets game?

I remember a lot of folks fuming mad we started EJ and lost the season finale last season. (ALynn's debut and finale as head coach.) Considering we'd be drafting 15th instead of 10th if we had won that game, how do you feel about it now. especially if you were mad when it happened? Would you rather be picking 15th on principle?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was annoyed because it was the only game I could attend this season due to starting a new job, moved into a new apartment, and started going back to school for my 2nd degree.

I wanted to see Tyrod play and what made it worst was Shady went out in the first or second quarter if I recall correctly.

I remember a lot of folks fuming mad we started EJ and lost the season finale last season. (ALynn's debut and finale as head coach.) Considering we'd be drafting 15th instead of 10th if we had won that game, how do you feel about it now. especially if you were mad when it happened? Would you rather be picking 15th on principle?

Why did we win any games?

I was annoyed because it was the only game I could attend this season due to starting a new job, moved into a new apartment, and started going back to school for my 2nd degree.

I wanted to see Tyrod play and what made it worst was Shady went out in the first or second quarter if I recall correctly.

you won for most of that week !!!

I honestly don't remember people being upset the Bills lost, but folks like me were upset Jones did not get the whole game. Thought playing EJ was just a waste of time.

I'm still not happy about it. I wouldn't exactly say that I was mad. I believe winning football games helps you win in the future and I don't think screwing with your starting QBs head helps you win either. Maybe some of the damaged caused by that is mitigated by a new coaching regime? It just seems like kind of a douche move. I don't like the idea of anyone other than the coach deciding who is going to play, I'm not sure what decisions like this do to a locker room but I doubt there's any upside to them in that regard.

I don't like the idea of anyone other than the coach deciding who is going to play, I'm not sure what decisions like this do to a locker room but I doubt there's any upside to them in that regard.

Problem is, if Tyrod got hurt, you are 100% taking the coaches ability to say who was going to play in 2017 away ...cause it was going to be Tyrod if they were paying him $30M guaranteed cause of that injury.

Edited by plenzmd1

I went to the game and was having a great time. It was close to home, I didn't have to worry about the result ruining my day. Beers, food, Cornhole...it was all good. The only thing I wanted was to see more Jones. EJ Manuel is the worst QB in the NFL and he actually made the game unwatchable. Thank god he's gone

Would Vince Lombardi have played to lose?

I get the pragmatist's approach but...

I saw Rex laughing with someone on the sideline in a lopsided loss last year and it bugged me. Winners never think losing is funny. Winners never think losing is okay.

Edited by hondo in seattle

no, we won...

Jets got a worse draft pick and the Bills got a better one. In a game that didn't matter, that's all that mattered.

So you're saying we won the pre-offseason? :D

Edited by WhoTom

Would Vince Lombardi have played to lose?

I get the pragmatist's approach but...

I saw Rex laughing with someone on the sideline in a lopsided loss last year and it bugged me. Winners never think losing is funny. Winners never think losing is okay.

He might have heard a really really funny joke.