Preston Brown on the Trading Block?

KGun12TD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense. I don't know. I thought he was going to be amazing when he came into the league and looked very promising early on.

Seemed to fall into middle of the road territory.

He has one year left on the rookie deal. Either move him and hope for a small return or play him and hope he returns to form.

I'd love to think he's a diamond that Rex forgot to polish but I think that about all Bills. Hard to be objective when you think everyone on the team is a few good snaps from being elite.

Edited by likei've

Before you get to carried away, it's just Joe B spitballin'

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Rotoworld Football

I was just looking at it from a logical, team building perspective.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Unless we get a 2nd or 3rd round pick it would be foolish to trade Preston. He wont start at MLB according to McDermott, Ragland will. But remember Ragland is coming off a serious knee injury and we need insurance. Plus McDermott will find a way to get Preston on the field regularly.

Unless we get a 2nd or 3rd round pick it would be foolish to trade Preston. He wont start at MLB according to McDermott, Ragland will. But remember Ragland is coming off a serious knee injury and we need insurance. Plus McDermott will find a way to get Preston on the field regularly.

That's not what he said. He said Reggie would start out playing MLB (and move to SAM if he can't succeed at MLB).

False alarm.

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/847151988483678209

Orrrrrr....Did McDermott want Brown traded but Whaley went rogue on him?? Hmmmmmmmm!

de8ec713394cb3b17fcc40b8705f6508_bigger.Jason LaCanfora @JasonLaCamfora (not real - parody)
More

Whaley and McDermott butting heads over trading Preston Brown? It's in the wind. #makeshitup

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Joe B was doing his "10 Q's and A's" when someone tweeted:

"Parasauralophus @lophus89

@JoeBuscaglia is Preston Brown a trade candidate ala Kelvin Sheppard? #askjoeb"

and Joe answered:

"Joe BuscagliaVerified account @JoeBuscaglia 32m32 minutes ago

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Parasauralophus

19. I'd think so. Starting experience, one year left on his deal. If he's not in the plans and behind Ragland, see what's out there."

then suddenly Rotoworld had a tweet and a write up on how Joe says P.B. to be traded....thats all this is, unless Joe B. wrote it somewhere else

Yes. Comp pick jokes will be acceptable through July.

After that, not until next offseason when they will be considered "throwback" jokes.

It makes sense though. Given all we have invested in developing this comp pick, why would we trade him with just 1 more year to wait?

This whole think seems to be silly click-bait. Nobody in the Bills organization has even hinted at trading Preston Brown. A local media member in Buffalo was simply speculating over social media and rotoworld picked it up. Brown has played well for us and he has also played poorly for us. He's a linebacker with starting experience who has shown well at points in his career and the Bills have very little depth at the linebacker position. It does not seem logical that he would be on the trading block.

Edited by msw2112

False alarm.

Orrrrrr....Did McDermott want Brown traded but Whaley went rogue on him?? Hmmmmmmmm!

de8ec713394cb3b17fcc40b8705f6508_bigger.Jason LaCanfora@JasonLaCamfora (not real - parody)

More

Whaley and McDermott butting heads over trading Preston Brown? It's in the wind. #makeshitup

when Sully says it's so, then I'll believe it...

Makes sense. I don't know. I thought he was going to be amazing when he came into the league and looked very promising early on.

Seemed to fall into middle of the road territory.

He has one year left on the rookie deal. Either move him and hope for a small return or play him and hope he returns to form.

I'd love to think he's a diamond that Rex forgot to polish but I think that about all Bills. Hard to be objective when you think everyone on the team is a few good snaps from being elite.

Early on is the operative phrase. He was exposed, as were our other LBs, as the year went on. Especially in pass coverage.

False alarm.

de8ec713394cb3b17fcc40b8705f6508_bigger.Jason LaCanfora@JasonLaCamfora (not real - parody)
More

I know it's a joke, but I wonder if it hasn't come to this in the minds of some fans. Every healthy disagreement automatically becomes a major conflict.

Early on is the operative phrase. He was exposed, as were our other LBs, as the year went on. Especially in pass coverage.

Exactly the point of my entire post.

Was it Brown's (and the other lb's) abilities being exposed over time or did teams find out how to exploit our D and realize much like ourselves that Rex wasn't keen on changing things up?

Tough to say. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and say it's 100% one or the other, but you have to admit the reluctancy/inability to adapt was infuriating.

Can that really be put on the players?