Sean McDermott clears the air on reported rift.

PIZ

So, wait, all this "McDermott loves Whaley, he loves Whaley not" shenanigans is really a diversion to throw us off the trail of Bigfoot... :huh:

Bigfoot hasn't really been seen in public much, lately... nor has he done much public speaking... :blink:

ARE THEY GONNA FIRE BIGFOOT!?!?!? :o

I AM SO DONE WITH THIS TEAM!!! :angry:

Didn't you hear about the car accident in Idaho that was blamed on Bigfoot just the other day?

Rumor has it he did it as he believed it was a good representation of our FO

Edited by Bray Wyatt

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott today:

@buffalobills

"My relationship with Doug Whaley has been seamless. Doug laid a nice foundation for me and has helped our team improve in free agency."

"I will be thanking him for his valuable services, without having contradicted myself, soon".

@matthewfairburn

What Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott said about his relationship with Doug Whaley

Sean McDermott: "This is a new era of Bills football."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/03/what_buffalo_bills_coach_sean_mcdermott_said_about_his_relationship_with_doug_wh.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

La Canfora invents a story of discord. And that becomes a story picked up by Sully and talking heads.

Then McD says there is no story. So the no-story becomes a story only because of the story that there was a story.

It's all much ado about nothing.

This would be so much simpler if he would have just come out and said that he hates Whaley and Buffalo and that he can't wait till they fire Doug and move the team.

Still no transparency at OBD.

That was a literal lol

My takeaway - everyone at OBD but McD is an emasculated mute. Including and especially Kim!

*sighs* Did we forget this article already people?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/12/terry-pegula-accusations-bills-dysfunctional-consider-insult/

"Terry Pegula: I guess there's been a perception we're inaccessible. But I've been consistent from Day One when I bought the Sabres and then with the Bills, by owning these teams it's about the players and coaches. We didn't buy teams to be visible in the media. We bought teams to keep them in the area and to flourish with them. I let the coaches and the players be out front and be the story.

Kim Pegula: We want to make sure that the new coach coming in will be the voice of our organization and make sure we're all looking forward. So we wanted to get a lot of these questions out of the way if need be."

*We* did not, but there's certain personalities who report on the Bills who need to hear themselves talk/read their own writing.

La Canfora invents a story of discord. And that becomes a story picked up by Sully and talking heads.

Then McD says there is no story. So the no-story becomes a story only because of the story that there was a story.

#short story/long story/no story/thread

and no ending...

All this started because of some random, crap thrown against a wall and see if it sticks, comment from a guy who is wrong way more often than he is right.

I am not sure if annoyed or amused fits my feelings about guys like LaCanfora or Schefter or whomever. They seem to think their information is gold plated, even though most of the time it's seems like they're just guessing. Outside of LaCanfora pretty much being wrong about most all his guesses this off-season, my ost irritating moment was when I saw some story that broke on the NFL network about some player move (don't remember the specific one). Then a few hours later, ESPN puts something up on how Schefter has "confirmed" the NFL Network report, as if it was untrue unless pronounced as valid by the God Schefter. These guys seem very full of themselves.

Just once I'd like to see James Brown on CBS look at LaCanfora, or now Samantha Ponder at ESPN look at Schefter, and ask them why they were so wrong about a given move, player, etc. These guys can just throw out stuff, and they apparently don't have to worry about job security because they never have to be accountable.

I just wonder how far this "one voice" is going to go. Will Whaley be able to speak about drafted players after the draft like he usually does? Will it just by McD talking? It's going to get weird.

I don't think you will see any more Whaley press conferences in front of the Buffalo News media. We know how that will go. You will probably see Whaley with Chris Brown or John Murphy. That's fine with me. Hopefully, we will still get to hear a little from Jim Monos, Kelvin Fisher, Doug Majeski et al..

Does anyone that is convinced there is some kind of issue between coach and GM know what it is suppose to be about? I mean if you're sure there is one.

Whaley ate his Hoagie sandwich in the fridge which clearly had his name on it.

..."one voice" makes perfect sense to me.....too many voices and the urinalists start yapping about perceived conflicts...let 'em starve......McCoach should be the "Big Dawg"......he'll be doing all of the game day pressers just like his peers, Belichick, Tomlin, McCarthy, etc.....don't remember seeing Colbert or Thompson on any given Sunday....

Gullible people in this thread.

So it's not that McDermott is now doing all the talking, it is "One Voice".

It's not that Whaley no longer appears in public or speaks, it's "One Voice" We will just tell the fans it is "One Voice" , and we believe in it, and they will believe it, because they believe anything we tell them.

And they will mock people who point out that calling what has happened, is the same thing whether you say 'Whaley doesn't get to talk any more" or "One Voice"

And they will mock anybody who points out the irony of it being Sean McDermott being the one to say all of this means nothing, at the NFL meetings, which is yet another event that Whaley will not be allowed to talk at.

Two months ago Doug Whaley said the team policy is the coach is the voice during the season and he is the voice at other times. And oddly, that was the last peep we have heard out of him.

I am with the few who say, this talk by One Voice McD, doesn't clear up anything.

What McDermott did do however, is point out that he and his coaching staff, are now more involved with the free agency shopping, than the coaches have ever been said to be before.

Doug Whaley always got all the credit for that.

why do you always think that people are lying?

Jason La Canfora first broke the story that Rex was going to be fired and Tyrod benched. Bills loyalists mocked him then, but he was more or less right even though the owner had said recently that there were no plans to fire anyone.

McDermott's statements were vanilla. I did not expect him to say, "Yeah, Doug doesn't know this yet, but he is going to get fired right after the draft and I am going to get one of my buddies in here to take over the personnel department."

If McDermott had said, "I am the spokesman for the team, but behind the scenes nothing has changed. I have input in the roster, but Doug still has final say," then that would have been more than vanilla. As it was his remarks were vanilla. They are just what I would expect him to say if there were problems or he could be saying it and there really are no problems.

Time will tell, but for now his comments are unconvincing either way.

Edited by bills_believer