Bills claim DE Scott Crichton

@fieldyates

The Bills have claimed DE Scott Crichton off of waivers from the Vikings, per league source.

I can't believe I remember this but I think they liked him back when Schwartz was here and brought him in for pre-draft visit

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@fieldyates

The Bills have claimed DE Scott Crichton off of waivers from the Vikings, per league source.

I can't believe I remember this but I think they liked him back when Schwartz was here and brought him in for pre-draft visit

That's correct--they tried to trade up in the draft for him

Crichton was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings with the 8th pick in the 3rd round (72th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.[7] In the 2014 season, Crichton played in 8 games with 0 starts.[8] On December 10, 2015, Crichton suffered a concussion in the Minnesota Vikings' loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Then on December 19, 2015, Crichton was placed on Injured Reserve.[9] Before his 2015 season prematurely ended, Crichton played in 13 games with 0 starts.[8]

On August 31, 2016, Crichton was placed on injured reserve after clearing waivers.[10]

On March 24, 2017, Crichton was released by the Vikings.[11]

Buffalo Bills

On March 27, 2017 Crichton was claimed off of waivers by the Buffalo Bills.

Maybe concussion issues? He was noted to be one of the better prospects in the 2014 draft and projected to be a 2nd rounder. Hopefully this is another one of those junkyard dogs that Whaley finds and turns out to be a positive for us.

This from an espn piece:

"Crichton was never able to show a thorough enough command of the Vikings' defense to earn regular playing time, however, and after he started only one game in his first two NFL seasons, he was placed on injured reserve before the 2016 season."

A bit Surprising. Hopefully McD's defense is straightforward for the front 4.