Thanks Mr. Wilson

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before his passing, i loved the man for keeping our Bills in Buffalo. after his passing, the stories of his generosity, kindness, and passion came out, and i felt a substantial sense of loss and pride. even now, when i think of all that Ralph C. Wilson JR, has given us, i can't help but feel a bit misty eyed. thank you Mr. Wilson.

IIRC, MR. Wilson donated quite a bit of money to research of Spinal Cord injuries, that money may have been a key factor in Kevin Everett not kicking the bucket on Ralph's own turf.

He never had to be as generous as he was but he had the means and the character to do so and left the world a better place.

....everlasting legacy.....

1. Made sure Bills remained in Buffalo.

2. Mandated that his entire $1.2 BILLION be given away through his Foundation within 20 years.

i have been around as a fan since the inception .. used to get frustrated , like anyone else over the years over some frugality issues, whether actual or perceived, bottom line.. the guy was a class act.. illustrated by the foundation..

i have been around as a fan since the inception .. used to get frustrated , like anyone else over the years over some frugality issues, whether actual or perceived, bottom line.. the guy was a class act.. illustrated by the foundation..

....certainly agree my friend....his $25,000 investment as a young entrepreneur in 1960 was big bucks as a 40 something.....his success in insurance and trucking put him in the position to offer loans to the Raiders and Patriots to keep the fledgling league afloat......so he sat back and watched his investment slowly grow without re-investing the appreciation...hence the cheap moniker which dogged him into the 80's a/k/a the absentee cheapskate in Detroit.....as expected, into the 90's he grew to love the game more than his investment through maturity and things changed......and the man passes making damn well sure the Bills would be in Buffalo for at least 20 years and mandates that his $1.2 BILLION will be given away through his Foundation within 20 years......who was better in WNY?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....certainly agree my friend....his $25,000 investment as a young entrepreneur in 1960 was big bucks as a 40 something.....his success in insurance and trucking put him in the position to offer loans to the Raiders and Patriots to keep the fledgling league afloat......so he sat back and watched his investment slowly grow without re-investing the appreciation...hence the cheap moniker which dogged him into the 80's a/k/a the absentee cheapskate in Detroit.....as expected, into the 90's he grew to love the game more than his investment through maturity and things changed......and the man passes making damn well sure the Bills would be in Buffalo for at least 20 years and mandates that his $1.2 BILLION will be given away through his Foundation within 20 years......who was better in WNY?....

:thumbsup: well said!

Cheers to Ralph. He kept our team in Buffalo and helped an awful lot of people along the way. He was a great man.

Agreed. He came through on everything he promised and before the salary cap, spent money for those great Bills team. Yes, he was cheap with coaches and later meddled too much, but what an owner for Buffalo. He made sure the right owners took over via through his wishes, and Mary mad good on that incredible amount of money for two economically tough areas in Buffalo and Detroit.

I'll always have a soft spot for. The Wilson family.