Thanks Mr. Wilson

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Ralph was cool. Ran the team like it was a chinese sneaker factory, but man do i love a pair of nice comfortable reasonably priced sneakers.

But yeah, thanks Ralph

Credit for giving it the "old college try"

with the analogy... But... I have a wide foot. Not that the shoes that come off the one-size fits all Chinese lasts won't fit me (gotta go size up), but I prefer the more comfortable American shoes that are made on varying wider width lasts. That's why they cost more... More choice.

I am cool w/Ralph even if he was cheap.

:-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

...hard to believe it's been three years...RIP RW.......poor guy is STILL waiting for the playoffs...........

...this pretty much says it all about the man.....wow............

Beautiful dilemma: Give $1.2B to worthy causes in 20 years or less

John Gallagher , Detroit Free Press Published 11:18 p.m. ET Oct. 1, 2016 | Updated 4:12 p.m. ET Oct. 2, 2016

Imagine you have $1 billion to give away to worthy causes in a limited amount of time. What do you do? That's the beautiful dilemma facing Detroit's newest charitable foundation.

As of Monday, the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation will begin taking applications to hand out the $1.2 billion left by the late Ralph Wilson, a lifelong metro Detroit resident who, for decades, owned the Buffalo Bills professional football team.

And in a wrinkle unusual for foundations, the mandate Wilson left for his foundation before he died in 2014 was for his friends to give away every penny in 20 years or less. The foundation staff will carry out that mandate from a new office in Detroit's New Center district it plans to move into next year.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Very tasteful thread. Thanks!

Say what you will about being cheap,but have you seem all the endowments he set up to be given after his death? Never acknowledged during his lifetime, as he never concerned himself with some obligatory good word about his name,or his family name. He just did it,out of kindness and selflessness. And----he saw fit that the Bills stay in Buffalo! Rest in peace,Ralph. You were a class act sir

Say what you will about being cheap,but have you seem all the endowments he set up to be given after his death? Never acknowledged during his lifetime, as he never concerned himself with some obligatory good word about his name,or his family name. He just did it,out of kindness and selflessness. And----he saw fit that the Bills stay in Buffalo! Rest in peace,Ralph. You were a class act sir

When people talked about him being cheap it was about players not his personal life and off the field things.

Absolutely. Don't see how anyone can call him cheap.