Should we try to get Revis now that we have a zone defense?

When was Revis ever a great leader? He's been a selfish malcontent his whole career. The last thing I want on my team is a guy like Revis when his skills are in sharp decline and he's forced to play for a fraction of the salary he's accustomed to seeing.

When was Revis ever a great leader? He's been a selfish malcontent his whole career. The last thing I want on my team is a guy like Revis when his skills are in sharp decline and he's forced to play for a fraction of the salary he's accustomed to seeing.

He's the one who wants to play for nothing. He gets paid either way. Otherwise I'd 100% agree.

Really? The last thing you want on your team is Revis? You crazy. I like you, but you crazy.

Edited by Fan boy '92

Really? The last thing you want on your team is Revis. You crazy. I like you, but you crazy.

Are you serious? We all know he isn't in his prime but like the OP said, it's a primarily zone defense ,so he can make up for the step he lost with his excellent technique and football i.q...

Jets ran a primarily man D, so whether Safety or CB , I'd love to add Revis for the right price of course, not sure what you find so crazy about that?

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports it's "increasingly likely" free agent Darrelle Revis signs with the Patriots.

Citing "numerous league sources," La Canfora reports New England is shaping up as perhaps the only place Revis would play. The Boston Globe advised four days ago not to "discount" the possibility of Revis in New England, but it does seem rather a stretch after Bill Belichick confidant Mike Lombardi opined for The Ringer that Revis has yet to find a new home because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on 2016 tape. Beyond speculation, there's been nothing concrete — like a visit — linking Revis to his former team. Mar 23 - 1:17 PM

No. Never been impressed with him and even less now

? - for about a 5-year period, Revis was one of the best cbs in league history. Even in 2015 qbs had only a 51.9 passer rating against him. His 2009 season is one of the greatest for a defensive player in NFL history.

For the uninformed who are criticizing him, in 2009, qbs completed 36.9 percent of their passes against him and had an insanely, ridiculously low rating of 32.3.

Think about that. 32.3.

Edited by dave mcbride

No. Never been impressed with him and even less now

He was at one point in the best CB in the NFL......Besides Deion Sanders, he's the best I've seen in my generation......he's no longer that guy of course, but to say he wasn't impressive is plain silly....

? - for about a 5-year period, Revis was one of the best cbs in league history. Even in 2015 qbs had only a 51.9 passer rating against him. His 2009 season is one of the greatest for a defensive player in NFL history.

For the uninformed who are criticizing him, in 2009, qbs completed 36.9 percent of their passes against him and had an insanely, ridiculously low rating of 32.3.

Think about that. 32.3.

That's swell, still have never been impressed with him. SJ13 made him his B word.

He was at one point in the best CB in the NFL......Besides Deion Sanders, he's the best I've seen in my generation......he's no longer that guy of course, but to say he wasn't impressive is plain silly....

I never said that, I said I've never been impressed with him and my opinion is my opinion.

That's swell, still have never been impressed with him. SJ13 made him his B word.

I never said that, I said I've never been impressed with him and my opinion is my opinion.

Who would be a CB that is impressive to you ?...If he's not named Primetime, odds are Revis was better....IMO of course....

I think he can still play corner in a zone. Nonetheless, if we got him for say 4mil, we would have a great leader in the secondary and even if his corner days are over he could easily switch to safety. What y'all think?

I think he can still play corner in a zone. Nonetheless, if we got him for say 4mil, we would have a great leader in the secondary and even if his corner days are over he could easily switch to safety. What y'all think?

goodfellas-jimmy-two-times.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports it's "increasingly likely" free agent Darrelle Revis signs with the Patriots.
Citing "numerous league sources," La Canfora reports New England is shaping up as perhaps the only place Revis would play. The Boston Globe advised four days ago not to "discount" the possibility of Revis in New England, but it does seem rather a stretch after Bill Belichick confidant Mike Lombardi opined for The Ringer that Revis has yet to find a new home because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on 2016 tape. Beyond speculation, there's been nothing concrete — like a visit — linking Revis to his former team. Mar 23 - 1:17 PM

hmmmm...

no thanks